Storm tipped to get jump on Rabbitohs
Melbourne has been the best backed team to win in the first week of the finals.by NRL
Melbourne has been the best backed team to win in the first week of the finals.
One TAB customer had $20,000 at $1.70 on Melbourne to beat Souths soon after betting opened yesterday.
They have firmed from $1.70 into $1.65 but attracted little interest since the betting move.
After losing five straight games the Storm drifted to $7 to win the premiership, but are now on the second line of betting at $4.
Other NRL betting news:
* Bulldogs are outsiders in a game for the first time since round 20 when they played Manly at Brookvale. They were backed from $2.30 into $2.05 and won by eight.
* Souths started $3.10 outsiders when they lost to Melbourne at AAMI Park in round two this year.
* Brisbane started $2.10 (drifted from $1.90) when they lost to the Cowboys at Dairy Farmers in round 15 this year; they lost 12-0.
* Canberra were $501 to win the premiership before winning six straight games; they were also $21 to make the eight at the same stage.
* The Raiders will start favourites for the eighth time this year. They have won four from seven when favourites.
Finals Week 1 - Head-to-Heads
$2.15 Bulldogs v $1.70 Manly
$1.65 Melbourne v $2.25 Souths
$1.45 North Qld v $2.75 Brisbane
$1.60 Canberra v $2.35 Cronulla
$13.00 North Qld
NRL Premiership bets of $5,000 or more:
$35,000 @ $5.00 on Bulldogs (August 26)
$20,000 @ $7.00 on Melbourne (July 29)
$20,000 @ $15.00 on Nth Qld (May 18)
$13,500 @ $3.25 on Manly (August 20)
$7,000 @ $7.00 on Manly (August 4)
$6,000 @ $6.00 on Manly (May 15)
$5,000 @ $41.00 on Brisbane (August 29)
$5,000 @ $6.00 on Bulldogs (July 6)
Follow rleague.com on Facebook
View profile pages including statistics, results, news, photos and more on all of the following...