The world of Rugby League.

Reports: Wales Conference matches

- Reports from Conference matches.
Reports: Wales Conference matches
by NRL

- Reports from Conference matches.

North Wales Conference - Wrexham Bradley Raiders 16-100 Dee Valley Dragons

The Raiders, still searching for their first win, were met by a formidable Dee Valley Dragons outift who were inspired by the impressive Josh Wilson - he claimed six tries on the day.

Performances throughout the Dragons' side were exemplary, but in the backs in particular. The ball handling skills and the sheer pace on show in darting runs from the Dragons' backs was a pleasure to behold.

Wilson, along with Elgan Jones, were phenomenal on the day and they set the tone from kick off. Wilson broke through the Raiders defence after a minute to put his side into the lead and Jones added their second just minutes later.

However, the Raiders did hit back through Jamie Morris, but that counted for nothing as Dee Valley Dragons went on to score another seven tries before the break.

The scores came in a 15-minute period when the visitors just ran riot, and the home side couldn't deal with the backs that were causing havoc. Wilson went over for his second in another of his fine breaks, Dylan Jones recorded a try, and then Rhydian Jones grabbed two tries in as many minutes.

The Raiders had a good spell of possession for a short while, but whenever they posed a threat, the Dragons stamped it out and held strong as a defensive unit.

That work in defence paid dividens as Neil Jones went over firstly, and then Rhydian Jones and Josh Wilson claimed further tries to complete their hat tricks, taking their side into an attractive 52-6 lead at the interval.

The game looked embarassing at half time, but it only got worse for the Wrexham Bradley Raiders. Despite that though, the players stuck in there and never gave up ? two tries in the second half was a reward for that effort, taking them to their highest points total in a game this year.

The first ten minutes after the break was nothing short of disasterous as the Dragons went over for four tries, and it was looking easier for the visitors as the game went on.

Wilson added his fourth, Dylan and Elgan Jones got their doubles, and Mike Daniels went over in the corner in them four tries, which signified the Dragons' intentions for the remainder of the game, and the fact that it could get humilaiting for the hosts.

Wilson added his fifth to add more upset within the Raiders ranks, but Sam Wright darted over from acting half for the Wrexham-based club in reply, to cap off a fair performance from the full back despite him being on the losing team.

Josh Wilson increased the side from Corwens lead, which also rounded off his scoring for the day with his sixth, but he picked up an injury to his right knee with around 15 minutes left and limped off.

Mike Daniels added another for Dee Valley and Elgan Jones finished off moves for his third and fourth tries to take his side to the century mark.

That was as far as the scoring got for the away side though as the Raiders had the last say on proceedings, Chris Blythe showing strong running down the right hand side for the Raiders' third.

The Raiders will remain at the foot of the table following the defeat, whilst the Dragons will also stay in mid-table, but are now just four points of the Panthers and two off the Celts with the two points taken from this fixture.

South Wales Conference - Bridgend Blue Bulls 32-46 Valley Cougars

Five tries from wing Danyl Davies helped Valley Cougars to a 48-32 win over Bridgend Blue Bulls at Porthcawl RFC, who had prop Charles Stevenson sent off in the 10th minute.

The Cougars were 4-0 up after a Ceri Lloyd try when Stevenson was shown a straight red for punching from referee Ian Jones, and the Nelson-based side took advantage of the extra man straight away - scoring two quick tries from Davies and Jon Sanigar with Daniel Parry adding both kicks for a 16-0 lead.

But the Bulls battled back well with tries for Dave Upton and Gareth Howells, Howells converting one to cut the deficit to six. Bridgend should have drawn level with Josh Collins, Ken Dowding and Lee Harben-Jones all coming close but in the closing seconds the visitors broke away and Davies sprinted clear for his second - Parry again converting for a 22-10 half time lead.

That lead was then increased just a few seconds into the second half when Davies claimed his hat-trick, with Parry again adding the goal.

The Blue Bulls then almost pulled of a dramatic comeback, a great play from Gareth Howells and Gethin Davies sent Nathan Hawkins under the posts and then Ken Dowding charged over, Howells added both conversions to make it 22-28.

A long run from debutant Gareth Cox and excellent cross-field kick from Hawkins resulted in a score for Lewis Donnelly and the reigning Champions then took the lead when Tylon Mafi broke through four tackles to score and Howells added the kick to make it 32-28 to Bridgend.

But the Cougars then rallied, Sanigar and Scott Belmont helped send Jack Morris over in the corner to draw the teams level and they went on to claim three more scores in the final minutes, Chris Beck went over after good play from Rhodri Morris before two more Davies tries secured a fine win for the Cougars to end the Blue Bulls' ten-year record of having never lost two consecutive games.

Your thoughts?

You need to login or register to contribute here

Follow on Facebook

Related Profiles

View profile pages including statistics, results, news, photos and more on all of the following...

Popular News Stories