Preview: Round 18 Intrust Super Cup
The Norths Devils will host the Northern Pride in Sunday's Channel 9 match.
Preview: Round 18 Intrust Super Cupby rleague.com
Ipswich Jets v Central Queensland Capras
Blackwater on Saturday, July 20 – 5pm
Referee: Nick Kalpakidis
Head to Head: Ipswich 21 Central 10 Drawn 1
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #ISC #JETSvCQC
* In Round 7 this year, the Ipswich Jets defeated the Central Queensland Capras 32-26.
* The Jets have won the past six games played between these two sides.
* Ipswich has won six of their last seven home games; Central have won one of their last 19 away games.
* Centre Donald Malone, who is backing up following Queensland Residents duties, has scored 98 Cup tries.
* This match will be the 50th game for Central Queensland Capras forward Alan Rothery and his 89th overall with previous stints at Wests and Toowoomba.
Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles v Mackay Cutters
Moranbah on Saturday, July 20 – 7.30pm
Referee: Chris Anderson
Head to Head: Mackay 7 Sunshine Coast 2
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #ISC #SCSEvMC
* This game at Moranbah will be the first times these two sides have played against each other this season.
* Mackay have won the past five games between these two sides.
* The Sunshine Coast will be desperate to break their losing streak, which currently sits at 12 losses in a row.
* Cutters co-captain Jardine Bobongie still sits one try short of Chris Giumelli’s club record of 23.
* Curtis Rona, who is returning to the team after playing in Wednesday’s night Residents match for Queensland, remains on 12 tries, equal with the club season record set by Justin Hunt in 2010.
Norths Devils v Northern Pride
Bishop Park on Sunday, July 21 – 2pm* (Live on Channel 9)
Referee: Clayton Sharpe
Head to Head: Pride 10 Norths 2 Drawn 1
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #ISC #DEVILSvPRIDE
* The Northern Pride defeated the Norths Devils 30-10 in their round 11 match played at Barlow Park earlier this year.
* The Devils are coming into this game following a 70-16 loss against Easts Tigers in round 17. It was their biggest home loss and most points conceded at home.
* It was their second biggest loss and points against for them in the Cup (their worst was 78-8 v Souths Logan at Davies in 2008).
* In milestone news, Norths captain Matty Smith (Nor/SL/WM) will play in his 100th Cup game while forward Troyden Watene (Asp/WM/Norths) will play his 50th Cup game for the club and his 77th overall.
Tweed Heads Seagulls v Easts Tigers
Piggabeen Sports on Sunday, July 21 – 3pm
Referee: Peter Gough
Head to Head: Tweed 12 Easts 10
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #ISC #THSvTIGES
* In round 6 this year, the Tweed Heads Seagulls upset the Easts Tigers 23-20 in a close match.
* The Seagulls enjoy a good record against the Tigers and have won five of the past six games between the two sides.
* Easts have not won at Piggabeen since 2006, although they did win at Ned Byrne in 2009.
* Queensland Residents five-eighth Cody Walker scored 34 points in the Tigers’ round 17 win over Norths and set a new single game points record for Easts. His 11 goals equalled that of Scott Thorburn in 2000.
* Following their win, the Tigers have moved back into the top five for the first time since Round 5.
* Easts have become the third club to score 10000 Cup points in their win over Norths last week (Redcliffe and Norths are the other two clubs).
* Tweed Heads co-captain Matt King will pass Cameron Durnford to move to ninth on all-time games played list with 205.
Burleigh Bears v Redcliffe Dolphins
Pizzey Park on Sunday, July 21 – 3pm
Referee: Tim Rutherford
Head to Head: Redcliffe 19 Burleigh 18 Drawn 1
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #ISC #BEARSvPHINS
* The Redcliffe Dolphins and Burleigh Bears match in round 12 ended in a 16-16 draw
* Burleigh have a poor recent record against the Dolphins and have won only one of the past 11 games between these two sides.
* The Bears have won twice as many games as they have lost at Pizzey Park, but this year they have only won two out of eight games.
* Dolphins winger Liam Georgetown needs only two points to move to equal second with Greg Bourke (1150) in all time point scorers – he also has 98 career tries.
* John Dixon is looking to bring up his 50th victory as coach of Redcliffe in his 86th game at the club. He would become only the sixth coach to achieve this milestone at a single club behind Rick Stone (Burleigh), Neil Wharton (Redcliffe), Michael Booth (Easts), Wayne Treleaven (Wests) and Mark Murray (Norths).
* Playing as captain for this match, Burleigh forward Darren Griffiths (Mky/Bur) will run out for his 100th Cup game.
Souths Logan Magpies v Wynnum Manly Seagulls
Davies Park on Sunday, July 21 – 3pm
Referee: Clayton Sharpe
Head to Head: Wynnum 22 Souths Logan 10 Drawn 1
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #ISC #SLMvWYN
* In round 11 this year, Wynnum Manly defeated Souths Logan 29-20 after the Magpies had taken a 20-6 lead into the halftime break.
* Wynnum Manly have won the past three games played between these two sides.
* Seagulls half Matt Seamark is out of the match and is set to miss up to six weeks with injury. When he returns to the field, he will be one point short of posting 700 for the club.
Follow rleague.com on Facebook
View profile pages including statistics, results, news, photos and more on all of the following...