The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Old Rugby League Weeks

rwaite

rwaite

Is there anyone in Brisbane or nearby that has a full or near full collection of old rugby league weeks from 1970-87?

I have access to an A3 scanner and I am interested in borrowing and scanning the BRL pages of each issue.

If there is anyone who can help please either PM me or email me (rogwaite@gmail.com). 
slip

slip

Ebay would be the way to go. 
Archie

Archie

I have still got some BRL programmmes ffrom 1968 - 1978 that may bey interesting. Also some Rugby League Weeks around the Early 70's. 
Archie

Archie

Also. I posted this last year or so. Does anybody know where I can get a copy of the Amco Cup Game Vallleys vs Illawarra at Lang Park in 1978? This was Wally Lewis' first first grade game. It was also my only televised game. If anyone can help, let me know. 
rlprogman

rlprogman

Archie, Sorry can't help with the Amco cup but I'm after a BRL programme for May 26 1971 any chance you have that one, it's NSW v Qld mid week game. 
balmainboy

balmainboy

archie did peter wynn play for illawarra that night cos he asked for a copy too
leichhardtoval@hotmail.com 
rlprogman

rlprogman

Yes Peter Wynn did play the Illawarra team also included Brian Johnson, Keith Rugg was captain, Steve Morris, Rod Henniker and was coached by Tommy Bishop. Valleys was captained by Ross Strudwick and Wally Lewis was selected as a reserve. Illawarra were far too strong winning 35 to 7 at Lang Park with Peter Wynn scoring 2 of the tries for Illawarra & Wally Lewis the only try for Valleys. 
touchie

touchie

not one new post since April 14,doesnt say much for the new layout of the site 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168