The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Sonny Bill Williams

Maximus89

Maximus89

The cap certainly hasn't increased that much. It may depending on the tv deal, but hasn't yet.

It is not a difficult point to understand. If clubs want to sign someone but are going over the cap, they need to release players. 
slip

slip

Bondi has become a retirement home for ex-Bulldogs. While they're at it, they should punt Brian Smith and sign Steve Folkes. 
Maximus89

Maximus89

Pfft didn't you see, we all want him in our sides :rolls: 
annav3

annav3

same could be said about parra :) 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Anasta is gone cause we have signed Maloney, Perrett gone as well cause I'm assuming the young players are being groomed to come in, (RTS). Who are we releasing to sign SBW? All of our long term players are secured.

You said we risk losing Moga and Boyd etc but the signing him for only a yr, means the opposite. 
slip

slip

Yeah, but you have to pay a fortune, Parra already have Poore and Sandow close to a million combined. Don't want to pay overs anymore. And like I said SBW will injury his knee or mind and run away. 
slip

slip

How many Parra players end up at Belmore! Tonga, Ryan, Armit, Keating and a few years ago they tried signing Inu and a few others from the Grand Final team. 
annav3

annav3

yeah but we get the good ones and you guys get the scraps :) 
slip

slip

Dymock, Pay, Smith and McCracken were good players. Parra fans can thank superleague for that. :) 
Morkel

Morkel

Wholeheartedly agree - I for one am looking forward to watching the metaphorical car crash and all the inevitable carnage. 
southsport

southsport

Anyone notice how people on rugby league internet forums are a "bundle of optimism".........a real joy we are........not. :lol: 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Has SBW destroyed the club he currently plays for? 
SonicStar

SonicStar

I'm not a proctologist but I know an Ass hole when I see one.

Don't get much bigger than SBW 
harrofam

harrofam

NRL are as weak as piss. He should never be allowed back in the game. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Is the nrl allowed to block him? 
harrofam

harrofam

I don't know the answer to that but I don't see why they couldn't. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

They can't, that would be illegal, they already placed restrictions on his return due to him not fulfilling his contractual obligations to the dogs. He has served his "time" so now they have little choice other than to scrutinise the deal to ensure all is above board. 
twinkletoeGAZ

twinkletoeGAZ

He has made his mistakes. Seems to be an astute professional now. GL to the Roosters and I believe he can will help the young guys rather than Mislead them. 
annav3

annav3

[QUOTE=RoostarGirl;1406989]Has SBW destroyed the club he currently plays for?[/QUOTE

Less media scrutiny, u should know what sydney media are like, he is going to get stalked from league journos to gossip columnists

I am going to enjoy all the entertainment 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

SBW is not Todd Carney 
Rooster1

Rooster1

I agree. I forsee an immediate deluge of media attention but for it to drop off substantially over the course of the year. 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

I think it will actually be good for the club, blokes like sbw put bums on seats. He's just that sort of person. Put it this way, I know myself & about a dozen people I know who don't even support the roosters already talking about going up for the opening game. They only want to go just to watch sbw. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Without a doubt, forgot the adults, the kids will love him. Very similar if not better then carney in terms of attracting crowds. 
slip

slip

The Eastern suburbs lifestyle....he can now hang out in the X with the Ibrahims and date Lara Bingle.

Back on the topic, who's to say he doesn't go down the same path as Willie Mason at the Roosters. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Cause he's only signing for a yr? 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168