The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Sonny Bill Williams

robinson.will

robinson.will

so they will both be at souths then? 
Rsag85

Rsag85

No the Rooster there been link to. I would take $BW not Q.Cooper but they want to play together so the Roosters are the likely home for them both. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Are you forgetting which club you support? 
robinson.will

robinson.will

we as in NRL..... 
Rsag85

Rsag85

I think he means the whole Todd Carney drama about him signing with you or ever where else he was link to. 
annav3

annav3

Sonny Bill keeps football codes guessing

onny Bill Williams is feeling New Zealand's love from a Rugby World Cup "dream come true" that he'll cherish for the rest of his life.But the dual international is no closer to deciding which code, country and club will enjoy his freakish services after the All Blacks date with destiny on Sunday night.
Williams is completely focused about keeping his spot in New Zealand's 22-man squad to play France after revelling in his role as a backline super-sub.
"I haven't really thought too much about after the World Cup, to be honest, I've just been having too much fun and just going week to week, trying to stay alive and stay in the team," he said. "That's been the whole focus.
"This Sunday is the big one so hopefully we're there and we can win it, because I think we deserve to."
While SBW was a superstar in the NRL before turning his back on the Bulldogs, he's been forced to play second fiddle behind dreadlocked warrior Ma'a Nonu for the All Blacks.
After initially agreeing to play on in rugby next year, the 110kg centre delayed finalising his NZRU contract after being dumped from the Tri Nations decider to be linked with the Sydney Roosters for a return to league.
At the start of the tournament he insisted every man was entitled to change his mind.
But the whole seven-week experience may well have swayed him to stay.
"I've really enjoyed it," Williams said. "I think when you're together with the teammates you have for so long that's when you see all these silly handshakes and that because you just get close to one another.
"You form friendships that last beyond the World Cup.
"We've embraced (the public's support) as a team. The whole of New Zealand is watching us and loving us and wanting us to do really well.
"The amount of support we've got has been crazy and it's been really cool to be part of.
"It's something that you will cherish for the rest of your life."
Williams admitted it was a dream Eden Park final considering he began his rugby education in France for big-spending Toulon after breaking contract with Canterbury.
"The whole dream was to come back and play in a World Cup, so hopefully I get to stay in the squad and get out there on Sunday, and it would be a dream come true," he said.
The 26-year-old grew up in Auckland as a league fan, and admitted the number of strategic team meetings had been the biggest surprise in crossing codes to play 13 Tests this year.
"I never had the amount of meetings in my league days," he said. "We just turned up.
"The mental aspect of the game is the biggest eye-opener."
But he's smart enough to know the red-hot All Blacks can't take the lucky Les Bleus, who suffered two pool losses but won through to the final on the back of an uninspired semi-final win over 14-man Wales, lightly on Sunday night.
"I think we just as a team have to expect the unexpected," he said.
"They can shock us and they have done it in past World Cups.
"Playing against (club sides) in France, you can play against one side one week and then you play them a couple of weeks later and they're a different team.
"Past form means nothing."

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8362429 
robinson.will

robinson.will

how could he possibly mean that.... 
HeadlessChook

HeadlessChook

SBW signs with the Chiefs.........thank god for that! 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Weren't the rumours always for 2013? Not exactly safe yet 
alchemist

alchemist

if Rugby was the promised land that former bus driver, namely, S(treet)BW(alker), said it was, why does he keep signing one year deals only? 
Kramer

Kramer

Yeh he can't play in the NRL for anyone other than the Bulldogs until 2013. The fact he has only signed a 1 year deal with RU is a strong indication he is looking elsewhere in 2013 
Rsag85

Rsag85

I stated this on the 19/10 and I guess my info was 100% right

Bryco30

Bryco30

I don't think he actually signed then (The article is dated july) (but I could be wrong) but it is my understanding that he verbally agreed to sign with them. Because just before the world cup he came out and said he will see how things go in the RWC before deciding anything. Caused a big stir over here.

Also this one year deal makes it look like he'll come to league afterwards 
Rsag85

Rsag85

I think everyone knew that he wasn't coming back to the NRL next year safe bet would be 2013. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Could also use it as a bargaining power to raise his price further with the nrl clubs competing. 
annav3

annav3

he will end up playing for like 5 clubs in the last 5 years, he will just go to the highest bidder. 
Bryco30

Bryco30

You wouldn't really want to sign him up for more than one year. l disagree with the highest bidder statement. lf his focus was money he wouldn't be playing union in NZ. Would be on much much less than he could get elsewhere. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Correct answer was Brisbane :lol: 
alchemist

alchemist

the boy is an attention whore 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

They can have him, im very happy with how our young forwards are going. 
southsport

southsport

You may be right, he could tie up a lot of your cap unnecessarily and not deliver. 
Sikk

Sikk

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/is-sonny-bill-circus-too-big-a-risk-for-roosters/story-e6frexnr-1226360609546

the SBW rumours continue. I just can't see us having the cash to make it happen based on the recent signings. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Besides JWH, don't think the rest would have cost much. 
chookdance

chookdance

guerra would've been around 200k same with bj and arona a little be less moga's was about 180k from memory so it all adds up. i don't want him 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.
qldr80 - Also in regards to the girl on the DD team, I have seen her play at club level and I can tell you she definitely holds her own. Was a sha...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168