The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Sonny Bill Williams

Marcus1979

Marcus1979

You stil have Matai minutes on Friday to look forward to :lol: 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

That'll keep me occupied for a whole ten minutes. 
professional

professional

Do they televise the warm-up these days? 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Occasionally you might see them getting off the team bus. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Welcome aboard 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

Oh u will get to see him! You will get to see him in rounds 4 & 13 eating smoked eel. Looking forward to watching him carve you boys up. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Come round 13 you'll be glad you signed Lod. 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

I'm with you here :lol: Keen to see him play, and I think he will live up to the hype. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Maybe he will have the same success as other bulldogs players had at Bondi like Anasta, Mason and O'Meely. 
Sikk

Sikk

Not sure I'd call Anasta unsuccessfull. 
alchemist

alchemist

was billed as the man to succeed Fittler when he signed from the Dogs for the 2006 season... in his 7 seasons at the Roosters, the Roosters only made the finals twice - in 2008 when they lost both finals games and got eliminated, and 2010 when they made the GF on the back of a Dally M winning season by Todd Carney... they won the spoon in 2009... Anasta lost his five eighth spot to Carney... once Carney was moved on, Anasta was moved back to five eighth but soon enough the club recruited Maloney to play five eighth... perennial winner of the RLW 'most overrated' award

and if he was a success, why did the club move on their captain? 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

The team is being built around Pearce. The combination between them doesn't go well together and when the Club has secured SBW, it leaves no room for them to carry anasta. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

If nine used the thought idea on that they would say ," mmm, can I walk out on another contract?" 
MrChook

MrChook

Good thing they don't try it on Inglis then. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

He couldn't articulate anything meaningful. Even in thought. But he can play.

You are going to get some telling you Inglis never walked out on a signed contract. 
MrChook

MrChook

But you never said "signed" contract. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

You had better go and work for the Sharks.

I never said anything. I typed it. 
MrChook

MrChook

Really? Did you have to resort to such a trivial thing as that? You're slipping les. 
alchemist

alchemist

if the team was built around Pearce, then why did Carney do so well in 2010 when he played fullback, five eighth and halfback?

as for SBW, at the Dogs he was a right sided player (whether at centre or 2nd row) and he looked to have played more centrally last night (at least defensively)... whilst in the back row, Anasta played down the left side of the field or as Gould termed it, the "Braith Anasta Zone"... so why could they not be both carried by the Roosters club in 2013? --> unless of course you mean there wasn't cap space, but even then i think Anasta would have taken considerably less money to stay

Anasta is an easy target and has been overly scrutinised since his break out year with the Dogs in 2001... unfairly so, in truth... but ultimately, i do not think his stint at the club and in particular, his contribution to the club can be seen as overly successful 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Carney was shit at halfback and at fullback he struggled under the high ball, why else did he make the move eventually to the 5/8 position?!

Anasta is at the end of his career, you seriously going to pick him over the likes of Cordner, Guerra and Aubusson? 
MrChook

MrChook

Thats because many, even you as it suggested in your earlier post, suggest Anasta was expected to fulfill the role of the departing Fittler. Freddy was a once in a generation type player, Anasta isn't even close. So to say he was unsuccesful because he couldn't replace Fittler is unfair.

He always tried 100%, captained our side to a GF. Yes,he was no Fittler but he did ok in my books. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Well said 
alchemist

alchemist

the comparisons between Fittler and Anasta started in 2000/2001 when even the Dogs had stated that we had signed the next Fittler... Gould even brought it up in 2001 when the Dogs and Roosters played saying that he had called Fittler 'the old Anasta' as a motivational tool

when Fittler retired, it did leave a huge hole in the Roosters team, something plenty of other teams have had to endure as well (eg. the Eels post Sterlo and Kenny, Broncos post Langer, Raiders post Sticky and Daley etc.)... in response, the Roosters first signed Firman to partner Finch in the halves as a replacement but the Roosters struggled in '05 and missed the finals

then they recruited Anasta from the Dogs and even though i doubt anyone truly believed that Anasta would be as good for the Roosters as Fittler (who i believe is the Roosters five eighth of the century?), he was being seen as Freddy's long term successor

when i judge Anasta's career at Bondi, i am not judging him in comparison to Fittler but rather did he live up to the expectation of a projected long term five eighth for the club? did he justify the effort and money expended by the Roosters in bringing him across from Belmore and continuing to re-sign him?

for mine, no... if the fans of the club think otherwise, fair enough 
alchemist

alchemist

no, but i think this plays into the "he wasn't particularly successful at the Roosters" point i was trying to make 

Recent Rugby League Posts

TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
ALX21 - Law-Cobbo, Turnbull, Dixon, Nagas and Conway were the best for the Probables, while Renouf, Burns, Cox, Simpson, Trindall, Fifita and McC...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181