The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Rnd 4: Rooster vs Eels

chookdance

chookdance

[h=4]Roosters[/h] 1 Anthony Minichiello (c)
2 Daniel Tupou
3 Michael Jennings
4 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6 James Maloney
7 Mitchell Pearce
8 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9 Jake Friend
10 Sam Moa
11 Boyd Cordner
12 Sonny Bill Williams
13 Frank-Paul Nuuausala
Interchange
14 Daniel Mortimer
15 Martin Kennedy
16 Mitchell Aubusson
17 Aidan Guerra
18 Kane Evans

LOD stood down for being late to training 
MrChook

MrChook

1 prop short on the bench and 1 too many wide running back rowers IMO so I wouldn't complain if Guerra has 1 extra week off and Evans gets a run. That said, we should still get away with a win.

Sandow defends on the right edge so I'm predicting SBW & Jennings to have a field day. 
chookdance

chookdance

unless they decide to play cordner in the middle? i thought napa was gonna get a run over evans for sure. 
alchemist

alchemist

Kane Evans on an extended bench? hopefully, he plays... i would like to watch him in the top grade 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

I think he might play FPN at prop 
SonicStar

SonicStar

not injured or suspended but still finds a way to miss games 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Good luck guys.
Hope you win. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Some eels fan you are :lol:

You have Roberts remember ;) 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

That's why I want the Roosters to win.
I don't want Roberts thinking he's helping us win. 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

Evans won't play, they needed to get nappa play a game rather then being 18th man all the time. Evans will run out if there is a last minute injury, otherwise fpn will move to the bench & either guerra or aubs will move into lock. Fpn will play in the front row. Guerra would be easily bigger then o'donnell, so he to could mix it up in the front row. Either way I'm actually happy. Robinson has a selection headache at the moment with either cordner, guerra or aubs to miss out for o'donnell & I don't think any of those guys should miss out on form for o'donnell just because of what he has done years ago. For mine o'donnell has looked slow & one dimensional compared to those guys. If they have a blinder hopefully they can hold him out. All of them are good attacking players unlike him. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Actually I've been happey with LOD performance so far, his stats aren't too bad. I'm not keen on Aubs moving to lock with SKD performing so badly atm. 
Kramer

Kramer

Yep that's what will happen. Guerra will start. Cordner moves to lock. FPN to the bench as a prop rotation 
Sikk

Sikk

/nod

No moving anyone out of their "lane" with that solution. 
buzz07

buzz07

i heard he was out late having a drink at souffs leagues club, oh wait a minute. 
annav3

annav3

did O'Donnell really miss training? 
matthew

matthew

Jennings, Maloney and SBW are really hitting their straps now.

Aside from some woeful passes the running game of Jennings is electric and dynamite. He's one of the most dangerous players in the game and is showing it. The best running centre in the game. Jamie Lyon still the best all-round centre though.

SBW after the round 1 game has settled into the back-row nicely and playing a much smarter game these days. Experience in both codes has helped him pace himself and pick the right moments to strike. He's not an MIA player, which is a great strength for the Roosters.

As for Maloney. He's a classic example of why signings so early can be bad news. His form for the Warriors last year was disgraceful. On current form he would have to be a candidate to partner Adam Reynolds in the halves for NSW. Yes I have Adam Reynolds there. If Maloney takes control of the side from Pearce and begins hitting SBW and Jennings more and more on the left the Roosters will be very serious threats.

The loss to Souths in round 1 has taken the spotlight off the Roosters.

Parramatta will look to bounce back after the last two losses, but the Roosters are building into the season nicely and they aren't anywhere near full throttle yet. 
MrChook

MrChook

Nice summation Matto. Maloney to partner Reynolds at SOO is an option but I'm not sure that will happen, this year at least. 
Kramer

Kramer

No. He was late 
dalmont

dalmont

Sounds just like Merritt 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

Just watched Newtown get beaten by the sharks on fox. Guerra played, scored 2 tries. So he won't be playing Monday nite. O'donnell didn't play, assumed if he was dropped he would line up for Newtown. So either Evans or napa will debut or o'donnell incident is bullshit & he is lining up. Btw both nappa & Evans didn't play. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

O'donnell definitely won't be playing which most likely means Evans makes his debut, should be exciting!! 
annav3

annav3

I watched that game, i rate Guerra but I guess the coach doesn't. 
chookdance

chookdance

hopefully it's just them getting him some match fitness 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

Absolute pleasure to watch that. Maloney & sbw sensational. Pearce well played, in fact everyone well played. Give me more!!!!!!! 
dalmont

dalmont

More improvement in them yet tupau held the ball , sbw improving all the time the halves look good forwards doing there job. In saying that parra were pretty bad but a very pleasing result. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Still not sold on the idea of a draft. What about expansion? Or relocating potentially two Sydney teams elsewhere?
ALX21 - Grand FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
ALX21 - Interesting team named. I guess Josiah Cox missed out due to not having a passport???
sportsrugby - Live New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming TV info, video, score, highlights, preview, result.Watch NZ Al...
sportsrugby - Live New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming TV info, video, score, highlights, preview, result.Watch NZ Al...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181