The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Rnd 2 Warriors v Roosters

Rooster1

Rooster1

Nope. 
professional

professional

Why would Minichiello offer nothing on the wing? He was an excellent winger back in the day and his safety under the high ball and strong kick returns would still be valuable out there. 
professional

professional

Should try watching the game with your eyes open then. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

What makes you think he isn't ready? 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

Mini spent 2 yrs on the wing when he was a youngster. Stuart waited till he was dominating in that position before moving him to fullback. I love rts & am sick of mini's brain explosions & bad hands, but rts isn't ready. I reckon maybe see how he is going after about round 12. At the moment rts is young kid with tons of ability, but is too scared to chance his arm & make a mistake. You can see him thinking do I hit top speed onto a hard pass or slow up & take it easy, do I throw the miracle ball or just hold it & go to ground. He chooses the safe option at the moment, cause he still doesn't have the confidence to believe in himself. It will take a break out game for that to happen. It will come, just wait, one game where he chances his arm & it pays off & then he will do it again & again. That will be the turning point, & that's when he will be ready to play fullback. 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

If you put him in before that confidence is gained, there is a very real chance with a few bad games, he could be set back a long way. Eg Albert Kelly. Fullback is a lonely position sometimes, & very often the buck stops with you. That's big pressure on a kid with only a handful of first grade games & who hasn't played league very long. I would prefer to wait a season & have the kid dominate, then have him destroyed before he began. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Minichiello was a winger, RTS isn't. No point in comparing the two. We lost Luke Phillips at the time and Stuart got mini to make the move and we didn't look back since.

RTS will lose his confidence if Robinson doesn't wake up any time soon. 
professional

professional

Albert Kelly isn't a good comparison. Kelly's issue isn't that his confidence has been destroyed, it is that he keeps getting pissed and then sacked from a club. 
MrChook

MrChook

I think he was referring to the time when the Sharks put Kelly at FB against the Bunnies amd Sandow sent a multitude of torpedo bombs his way and he failed each and every time. I don't recall him playing another first grade game after that embarrassment. That one game at FB for the Sharks definitely put his career on a backwards step. 
Kramer

Kramer

I thought it was a strong performance on saturday night. We almost let the win slip away (due to our own errors) but deserved to hang on

Was very impressed with our pack. Moa, Aubusson, Kennedy were all great

How much better do we look when Friend is off the field!!! Mortimer made an immediate difference when he came on

And just to jump into the Minichello debate. How can he take 99% of bombs but still manage to drop simple passes! Personally I would like to see him moved to the wing with RTS at fullback (RTS is wasted on the wing) 
dalmont

dalmont

Steady improvement is what they are showing we must remember this is a real rebuilding of the club and can only get better as time goes on. Jennings is showing close to his best form Sonny playing 80 minutes in his second game back was great to see. 
Kramer

Kramer

One thing that annoyed me. Late in the game, a knock on was called against the Warriors. Then suddenly the video ref checked it and the decision was reversed. The correct call was given in the end, BUT since when has the video ref interfered in a knock on call and had the decision reversed? 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

haha I think every rooster supporter would have been wondering if the same call would have been made if it was us. The call was a good one but inconsistency of it all makes it frustrating. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

What did you guys think of the disallowed try for Jennings off the SBW pass? 
Kramer

Kramer

I was very annoyed. I never ever see those decisions over turned yet suddenly it happens! 
Kramer

Kramer

Video ref had no conclusive evidence to over turn the on field decision. If they had initially called 'try', the video ref would have given it a try. I was happy with both calls

I wish Jennings had taken the fullback on the inside instead of running for the corner in the wet! 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Hope we SBW and Jennings link up more during the game. I was also impressed with O'Donnell, his stats were quite impressive, be interesting to see what happens to Guerra. 
Kramer

Kramer

They will. That's just a taste of what SBW can do on that edge. He has Jennings running off him with explosive speed. Jennings will run off SBW all year. Need Tupou to keep up though. A few times he was 2 metres behind where he should have been

Well LOD was actually playing prop. So the backrowers fighting for 4 spots are SBW, Cordner, Guerra, Aubusson and FPN 
Kramer

Kramer

our prop rotation will be Moa, JWH, LOD, Kennedy 
chookdance

chookdance

i heard guerra has an infected knee? he might be out for a while. i agree with the call on the jennings try what kramer said is exactly right. i would have also liked to see jennings go infield 
Rooster1

Rooster1

Yet if it were Locke it'd be try no worries.

Knock on? What knock on? Green button for my man Kevin. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181