The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Rd 1 : Roosters V Souths

buzz07

buzz07

Hopefully soon, either place mini on the wing and RTS to fullback or keep mini at fullback and have henry or oldfield come in to the wing for RTS. 
professional

professional

Make the correct pass obviously. I don't really care about the rest of his game because the Roosters had terrible field position all night. His "try assist" for Maloney was ridiculous though. A halfback who chooses the pass he did with a 2-man overlap out wide has some serious issues; that is terrible decision-making. Your halves are there to make those critical decisions and Pearce nearly screwed up a golden opportunity, it is just dumb luck that the try was still scored. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Basing it on one play? Really? 
professional

professional

That is what your halves are there for; to make good decision-making. And as far as decisions go that was a pretty shocking one.

I think his game was reasonably poor overall but that play really seals it. Making the correct pass in that situation is something you would expect any first grade half to make and Pearce went for the decoy runner instead. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Every half will make a mistake, that one occured in the first 3 min of the game! As they game went on, he actually did throw some good ones, especially when he linked up with Aubs throughtout stages. He was really limited last night in what he can do. So I ask how was he "really poor"? 
professional

professional

[QUOTE=RoostarGirl;1490555]Every half will make a mistake, that one occured in the first 3 min of the game![/quote]

Yeah and when they do it is bad. This was a pretty bad mistake too and it should have been far more costly than it was anyway.

I find it odd that you want to know how he was "really poor" but then gloss over a really poor decision with the "nobody is perfect" line.

The rest of the game I just thought he lacked involvement. Pearce has been playing like a traditional halfback recently but last night his involvement was so much lower, even when the Roosters had the ball. Early in the game the Roosters had field position but in that time he didn't show a whole lot either; he made a nice play with Aubusson but apart from that he really failed to impose himself early.

Another issue (Maloney is also at fault) is that so many of your forwards got the ball flat-footed all night. Pearce and Maloney have to do a better job of getting their forwards organised and giving them the opportunity to showcase their ability. The first time SBW really ran onto the ball he scored but for the rest of the night there was nothing.

Pearce's game just looked rusty and disorganised. Coupled with that pass that I can't get over. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

When I asked you what else did you expect of him, that was the only reason you gave out. I'm not quite sure how he was suppose to get involved, when he was given next to no chance. From what I can remember, he was only presented with two opportunities inside there 30 all night. He produced a cross field kick that nearly saw SKD score and one grubbed perfectly that almost got us another set if Friend wasn't offside.

Our completion rate was 61%, penalty count 9-2. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

so in a nutshell you lost the game due to being undisciplined ;) 
professional

professional

Not entirely true. Maloney looked better IMO and he was in a similar situation. His lack of control and his work with the forwards is still a concern. That is his job and he wasn't managing it. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Pearce wasn't helped by Friend who was extremely disapointing too. IMO Pearce was better then Maloney, agree to disagree. 
southsport

southsport

It's only Rd 1 and I don't think any of your players should be judged on that performance. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

I judged our players on the Charity Shield performance :lol: 
southsport

southsport

As supporters, we can get a bit like that. 
buzz07

buzz07

Can't waite to judge the salary cap cheating wrestle mania Mexicans 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

They are going to smash us :( 
WelshRabbitoh

WelshRabbitoh

Never use an insult you can't spell 
Lemon_Goat

Lemon_Goat

Jennings drew the defenders. SBW set up Guerra who unfortuneately got held up 
chookdance

chookdance

it annoyed me that sbw passed it pretty sure he coulda run over everingham 
woodies

woodies

JWH gave away 2 penalties and made 2 errors and one missed tackle in close to 60 mins. In his favour his tackle count was quite good (37). I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but at thi stage of his career it would be nice to see him dominate a bit more.

I think Friend's contribution is a reflection of the lack of another solid 'bookend' up front. He took on way too much front on work. Hopefully for the Roosters, their forward workrates and combinations will start to gel in the coming weeks. Friend is still a match winner if his fowards create the room.

The problem for Souths now is that they set a bench mark and they will be playing every side into form. You have to be very good and consistent to keep that up all season. 
chookdance

chookdance

any thoughts on what changes will be made for round two? i'd imagine cordner and LOD will come in not sure who for though i'm assuming arona will be out. 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

Arona & moa. Selluini in for morts. That's how the side should be anyway. Ram man moa was ineffective the other nite. We missed cordner big time. Gee I hope he is good to go this week. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Gee, I wish Maguire had thought of that. He would have told us to lose. 
chookdance

chookdance

moa and the most metres of our forwards i can't see him missing out. seluni is still injured isn't he? kennedy looked a step slow lacking match fitness and dropped a couple of balls i reckon he could miss out 
woodies

woodies

LOL. no, but i'm sure he told then that one game does not make your season and that they will have sides putting in that extra effort knowng they play the Bunnies. 
woodies

woodies

I'm really looking forward to Cordner playing. He really impressed me last year. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

allflex - Would anyone know if the annual U/15 Brisbane Stingers v u/15 Brisbane Broncos Development Team is happening this year?
tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa vs Australia live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score coverage...
tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181