The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Rd 1 : Roosters V Souths

UGoodthings

UGoodthings

Maybe, we do need depth though. It's along year, there is bound to be injuries. 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

I reckon the o'donnell experiment will be at an end after about 4 or 5 rounds. If he doesn't put in, he won't find a spot in the side. He is 32 years old & has been injured on & off for a few seasons now. He didn't look that great in the trial, can't see him holding cordner out. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Don't think any player will hold Cordner out. It has to be an injury, it would make no sense to have the Vice Captain missing out. 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

It has to be. Cordner is SOO material. At least we have tied him up long term. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

One more day!!! :D 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

There is another scenario. We may go into this with just 1 hooker. Morts may drop off the bench, which would leave Kennedy, sbw, o'donnell & cordner. The only risk in that would be hoping friend doesn't get injured & none of our backline do. Aubs could cover the backline, but we would have no one to cover hooker. 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

It would actually make sense, because Souths greatest asset apart from inglis is their forward pack, they all run hard & straight early & try to drive a team into submission. If we had 4 forwards ready to come off the bench we would have the numbers & size to roll over the top of them over 80 minutes. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Daily telegraph has pulled another stunt naming Khoder Nasser as our CEO as a part of the preview for tomorrow game. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Cordner has been ruled out due to his right shoulder, should be fine for round 2 
chookdance

chookdance

i thought as much, there's no point in risking him this early in the year. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Luke O'Donnell out, Arona comes in 
annav3

annav3

just read SMH they have done excellent PR work for the club this off season :) 
Kramer

Kramer

So team tonight is:

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Michael Jennings
4. Shaun Kenny Dowall
5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Jake Friend
10. Sam Moa
11. Aiden Guerra
12. Mitchell Aubusson
13. Frank Paul-Nuuausala

14. Daniel Mortimer
15. Martin Kennedy
16. Sonny Bill Williams
20. Tinirau Arona 
Kramer

Kramer

I'm expecting a slow start to the season. We have new players in key positions. Will need time to gel, especially since a couple have only been with the club a few weeks 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Yeah but it seems the club has some structure this yr, which is positive from last season.

Apparently 2,000 tickets left for tonight 
Kramer

Kramer

Awesome, counting down the minutes until I'm sitting in Bay 35 again! Ahhhh, footy season :) 
WestEndAthletics

WestEndAthletics

LATE MAIL: Roosters Boyd Cordner and Luke O'Donnell are both officially out of tonight's clash. Arona will come onto the bench 
MrChook

MrChook

Well, that was just ordinary. Just like the last 5 or 6 years, ill discipline has cost us again.

1. Anthony Minichiello
Safe as houses at the back. A couple of handling errors in attack though really hurt. 6.5/10
2. Daniel Tupou
Didn't get many opportunities but was ok with the little ball he got. 5.5/10
3. Michael Jennings
Every time he touched it he was dangerous. One poor positioning error after making a break and then the poor pass to Mini was costly however. 7/10
4. Shaun Kenny Dowall
Ineffective all night. Embarrasingly brushed off by GI a couple of times. Rushed infield badly on GI too to gift Merritt his last try. 5/10
5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Like Tupou had limited opportunities. Bombed a certain try at the end which wouldn't have mattered anyway. He's gotta learn not to rush in too much however. 5/10
6. James Maloney
The way the game panned out our halves had limited opportunities. Dropped off a few tackles in defense which might be a worry. 6/10
7. Mitchell Pearce
Same as Maloney, hard to fire when we're on the back foot all game. 6.5/10
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
Our best forward tonight. Really stung in defence and made plenty of in-roads in attack. 8/10
9. Jake Friend
Sigh. Works so hard but just gives too many niggling penalties away in the ruck. 5.5/10
10. Sam Moa
Wasn't bad, but wasn't great either. 6/10
11. Aiden Guerra
Credit goes to Champion who contained him well. Made one good hit & spin for a half break. 6.5/10
12. Mitchell Aubusson
Went pretty well I thought, Made a couple of incisive runs angling back in. 7/10
13. Frank Paul-Nuuausala
He had a great game. Those little short passes after drifting across were sublime, one ending in SBW's try. 7.5/10

14. Daniel Mortimer - hardly got a run. 3/10.
15. Martin Kennedy - Slow. Looked a pace behind the game. 5/10
16. Sonny Bill Williams - for his first game back in 5 years he looked ok. All the other fans nay-sayers will say rubbish like he was shit but he was far from it. 7/10
20. Tinirau Arona - hardly noticed him out there. 3/10 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Fair review, agree with most except SKD, more like -10. JWH and Moa for mine were our best forwards, they left and we were completely out. SBW was good for his first game. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

For his first game ....I'd agree.

Some promising signs there. 
Kramer

Kramer

Our right side defense and discipline cost us the match. SKD was very poor and made RTS look average in defense. Souths found our weakness on the right side and exploited it

My concern. SKD defended in the same way during the All Stars match. Nearly every try in that game was scored down his side. Coincidence?

Also our bench didn't provide much impact. SBW was ok for his first match, but I never expected a good performance from him first game back. Kennedy was very disappointing, Arona was no existent. Mortimer only got a run once the game was gone. Really thought he should have come on earlier and replaced Friend, who still does the same dumb shit (gives away penalties, runs 3-4 steps before passing, takes stupid blind side options when nothing is on and throws flat hospital passes to decoy runners)

Overall. Average team performance but this is a team who will build throughout the year! 
chookdance

chookdance

I don't get having morts on the bench if he's not going to play, also I think cordner and LOD will stiffen up the defense a bit 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Agree, something needs to be done, he cannot play like that next week, very tempted to have Aubs there and him sent to Newtown. 
chookdance

chookdance

Hes missing having perrett outside him he's the senior player now him and rts both made poor reads. 
Kramer

Kramer

I know RTS was made to look bad last night. But a winger has his arms tied when the inside defense is poor. Each time SKD came rushing in, RTS had to do the same 

Recent Rugby League Posts

KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
zahidkhan06 - http://www.allhereget.com/?p=102Watch all kinds of Sports like Rugby, NCAA, Soccer, NFL, CFL, AFL, MLS, MLB, NBA, NHL, Boxing , Tennis, F...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181