The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Rd 1 : Roosters V Souths

Rooster1

Rooster1

He said 9000 not 900,000. 
MrChook

MrChook

That sucks. Having said that though it probably eases the headache Robbo would have in selecting his back-row combo for a couple of weeks till he's back. There was aways one too many and someone decent was going to miss out.

Bad timing for Cordner, it might be tough to squeeze back in the squad if we start the season well. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

One week to go :D 
matthew

matthew

Should be a great game.

Roosters and Storm certainly the top two sides this year. 
MrChook

MrChook

Geez I wouldn't go that far just yet. I'd still rate a few teams ahead of us. We're a new look team this year, lets wait to see how we fare on the paddock before we jump to those conclusions. 
buzz07

buzz07

The Roosters vs Souffs derby is always a cracker and its not very often the game does not live up to the hype and expectation.

You will find the bookmakers have the Storm and Dogs as the two top teams followed by Souffs and then possibly Sharks, I see the Roosters coming in around 5 to 8 on the ladder. 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

Where did you here cordner was injured. God I hope not, he is as important as sbw IMO. He is going to be one of our best this year, & we need him round 1. A dead set chance at playing SOO if he can keep fit. 
buzz07

buzz07

News is Cordner will be playing, shoulder is ok. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Excellent 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2013/02/28/1226587/961917-trent-robinson-and-michael-maguire.jpg
Young gun coaches Trent Robinson (L) and Michael Maguire. Source: The Daily Telegraph

NEXT Thursday night at Allianz Stadium, don't be surprised if the Roosters' new young coach Trent Robinson seeks out the Rabbitohs' Michael Maguire, shakes his hand, and says: "Thank you."

It was Maguire's outstanding 2012, in which he transformed the culture at Souths, which convinced Roosters godfather Nic Politis to take a punt on a rookie coach whose only first grade coaching experience is in the English Super League.
That's a competition that is super in name - but in terms of the quality of the week-to-week football and pressure on its coaches, the divide between it and the NRL has never been wider.
But Robinson will turn out to be one of Politis' greatest signings.
The similarities between Robinson and Maguire are many.
They share the same obsessive attitudes to their jobs. Souths players remark that they have never seen Maguire arrive at training. When they arrive, Maguire is either training on his own physical fitness or going through game tapes.

He is a living, breathing example of the discipline required.
Robinson videotapes every Roosters training session and then locks himself away to watch the session over and over again.
He analyses the movements of his players, ironing out bad habits and developing good ones.
When Maguire took over at Souths, he learnt the history of the club, acknowledging its great past so he and his players knew the importance of the team to its community.
When Robinson was appointed coach of French-based Super League club Les Catalan a few seasons back, he impressed all - from the chairman to the supporters of the Perpignan club.
He didn't achieve that just with his ability to speak fluent French. He also took the time to learn the nuances of the Catalan language, which is unique to the area.
Maguire and Robinson are the new breed of coach.
They don't rely on Churchillian speeches or clever turns of phrase to try to inspire their players.
They inspire through tactics and structures which their players can not only understand, but can see are making them better footballers.
The great Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho was once asked what advice he would give to aspiring coaches.
"Never take a job until you are perfectly certain of all things you are going to put in place," he said.
Watching the Roosters' trial matches you can really see Robinson has arrived at the club with a clear vision of what he wants from his team and where he wants to take them.
He has placed the Roosters back on the rails. In their previous two seasons, the attack resembled a car with no brakes.
The players lacked structure, patience and confidence.
In their Foundation Cup match against the Tigers, the Roosters built their game beautifully, never looked rushed and always looked in control.
Trial or no trial, it was a very confident football team.
The Roosters have obviously bought incredibly well, not just compulsive buys for a change.
Whether by design or by chance, the three big signings serve a distinct purpose and will balance the side beautifully.
Michael Jennings will sit on the left edge and, judging by his touches last Saturday night, return to peak form.
On the right edge will sit Sonny Bill Williams.
And yes, believe the hype, this guy may take a month or so to really get going but his influence on the sport will be huge.
And joining Mitchell Pearce in the halves is the third new signing, and a man who will prove just as valuable as the other two, James Maloney.
Maloney is one of the most naturally confident players I have ever seen, and he will have as much to do with Pearce having his greatest season as Robinson.
The Pearce-Maloney partnership is a winner, I guarantee it.
Meanwhile, this year is a whole new territory for their opposition.
The Rabbitohs head into the season as serious premiership contenders, not just living the fairytale they have engaged in for too many Februarys over the past 20 years.
In the Charity Shield they toyed with the Dragons.
They dominated through their big pack, while John Sutton showed great decisiveness and skill in everything he did.
He looks to be headed for another great year.
And what can I say about Greg Inglis - have we seen a better athlete play the game? Probably not.
I can't wait for he and Sonny to get reacquainted on Thursday night.
This season opener is going to be played right through the middle of the park, with both sets of forwards playing chicken on the advantage line all night.And like most of these games are, it will be decided by a moment of magic or madness.
Regardless of the result, both sides are headed for a place in the top four.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/matthew-johns-michael-maguire-and-trent-robinson-are-class-acts-cut-from-the-same-cloth/story-e6frext9-1226587940646 
Kramer

Kramer

Did he injure it during the Foundation Cup? Or at training? 
buzz07

buzz07

Foundation cup he had numbness and tingling after making a tackle in the second half, but all is ok and he will be right for round 1. 
kbw

kbw

To me this is the battle of the coaches. These 2 guys imho will be "the" coaches of the next 10 years.
I think $ouff$ have an advantage having had Maguire for an extra year. The thing they have against them is too much "dumb" and injuries.

It will be a cracker of a game, but like the Charity Shield, could not mean much in the term of the whole season. 
buzz07

buzz07

not uncommon with souffs supporters either 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Just wondering, is Pearce staying on the right or will he move to the left to accomodate Maloney/combine with Jennings? 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Michael Jennings
4. Shaun Kenny Dowall
5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Jake Friend
10. Sam Moa
11. Aiden Guerra
12. Mitchell Aubusson
13. Frank Paul-Nuuausala

14. Daniel Mortimer
15. Martin Kennedy
16. Sonny Bill Williams
17. Luke O'Donnell

18. Boyd Cordner
19. Michael Oldfield 
chookdance

chookdance

i'm surprised to see sam moa starting, it'll come down to whose most fit between boyd and sonny i think. 
MrChook

MrChook

I only saw 1 game of Moa against the Tigers and that was enough to convince me he deserved his spot, his workrate looked very good and he'll be a valuable asset for us. Very impressed.

Unlucky for Cordner, personally I'd have gone him over Aubs for the back row.

Overall, very happy with the side. BRING IT ON!!!! 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Cordner is under an injury cloud by the looks of it 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

Very upset to see cordner not in our starting side. How the hell does aubs get a go before him????!! I would prefer to see o'donnell drop off & see cordner start with fpn dropping back to the bench to fill the other forward roll. Cordner to lock, bench morts sbw fpn & Kennedy. 
chookdance

chookdance

His shoulder wouldn't be right I'd imagine 
craigcooper

craigcooper

It might take a few rounds for the Roosters to start to gel. But i'm expecting big things from them this year. You certainly have a formidable squad. 
buzz07

buzz07

From what I heard a week a go SBW was playing and SBW will be starting just what I heard, BTW Cordner is 99% chance of playing shoulder not a bad as 1st thought. Who makes room for Cordner? No idea. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

We really did not need Luke O'Donnell 

Recent Rugby League Posts

tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa vs Australia live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score coverage...
tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181