The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Mitchell Pearce

Morkel

Morkel

Hang around longer and see what he can dribble out on a regular basis. 
ChristianDarque

ChristianDarque

LOL, that's quite funny. 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

That ridiculous!! It's whatever player is the more dominant who takes control. It may be hayne at fullback, fittler at 5/8, sbw in the second row, slater at fullback, or carney at 5/8! Now yes normally the 2 players who control the game on the ground are halfback & 5/8. That being the case when carney was our 5/8 he obviously was on fire. It is actually more of a credit to Pearce that he was able to take a step back & let carney work his magic. You can't then say that on grand final day carney who souths supporters have already admitted in this tread, was the best player in the comp, & was playing as our dominant play maker is totally absolved from any blame & it's all the fault of Pearce. That's a really low blow!! Now after carney is shown the door & before he arrived, you have a bloke called Anasta. He is the senior leader in the club, he is the captain & 5/8. He has also lead a side to a gf win. Along side him is a kid called Pearce. It would be like Reynolds saying to inglis, move over mate I'm gonna score this one. Pearce has to play to Anasta, & that's all there is to it. Now as this yr rolls on, we can clearly see Pearce saying, im not playing second fiddle anymore. He is starting to take control of our side & has produced some standout efforts. In winning & losing sides. I have been really impressed with him this yr & can see he is really coming of age & has decided that he needs to take control & push Anasta to one side. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Lol so give Pearce credit for stepping back and not contributing much to wins

Now I have heard it all about Pearce 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

Mate obviously you have selective reading problems. Don't worry about the rest of the post will you?! As I said Pearce took a back seat to a on fire carney. Then we lose a gf & Pearce is all to blame. See I do blame carney. He had the same look of fear in his eyes in the dressing room on 2010 gf day, as he did on Wednesday nite in the soo & he was unsighted & had a shocker. Even the commentators made comment on how nervous he looked to usuall. That's carney, he has played in a gf & a soo, & hasn't played well in either. Now would you say he is average!? 
CapedFan

CapedFan

As average as Pearnice. 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

I'm happy with that. Pearce as average as carney. I've proved my point!! 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

lol just no point in arguing with him. I was happy with Pearce performance on Wednesday, he was solid. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Queenslanders were very happy with his performance they want him first pick for game 2 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

Who carney?? Yeah I bet they do, he had a shocker. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

After last night, I think I've given up on Pearce :(:eek:

Him and Carney were useless.

The expectations on Maloney might have grown. 
HeadlessChook

HeadlessChook

I don't think you're Robinson Crusoe there RG 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Dare I say it? Yeah. Sonic saw this a long long time ago. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

yeah he also said paea was better then pearce and sandow too, see where I'm comiing from too? 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Sonic is always right RG. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

In his mind, YES ;) 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

You have to differentiate between when he winds you up and when he is serious. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

He is still serious about the sandow one. To claim credit you also have to give it. Pearce was great in 10 (in which you even gave him credit for), he didn't. He can't have it all, fair to say? 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

OK RG. Never been one for prolonged arguments. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

no I never 
SonicStar

SonicStar

I stand by my statement that Sandow has more talent than Pearce.

Getting him to perform to his abilities is his downfall on a consistent basis though. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

lets get TSQ in here and see if he agrees that Sandow is better than pearce :lol: 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

I thgink, under Maguire, Sandow would be a lot better. 
Lemon_Goat

Lemon_Goat

I have the answer. Why was Farah playing so well? Because he was given the oppurtunities. The forwards, Pearce, backs got him close to the tryline so then he put up a magical kick to create a try. Now for Pearce and Carney they have no oppurtunities at all simply because the halves need to create them in 2010 Pearce was stellar because Carney was supporting him now the halves arent helping each other out unlike JT/Cronk. They were on completely different sides of the field itself. Halves are meant to dominate and Pearce and Carney can do that at club level. Thats why Soward is best choice for 5/8 he can dominate unlike Pearce but Wallace can't dominate either which is the cause of this massive headache for NSW we do not have an elite halfback.

With Jts move to 5/8
the best halfbacks are

1.Cronk
2.DCE
3.Johnson
4.Pearce
5.Wallace

The top 2 are Qlders and Johnson is only eligible for NZ. We do not have a decent halfback until Reynolds matures. Reynolds is the saviour to fill that gaping hole for halfback but its only his debut year so we must be patient. Unfortuneatley Pearce can only dominate at club level and cannot create oppurtunieites for himself nor can Carney at Origin thats our problem. 
slip

slip

Mitchell Pearce is not good enough for Origin, but I like his taste in women. ;) 

Recent Rugby League Posts

eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
zahidkhan06 - http://www.allhereget.com/?p=102Watch all kinds of Sports like Rugby, NCAA, Soccer, NFL, CFL, AFL, MLS, MLB, NBA, NHL, Boxing , Tennis, F...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181