The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Mitchell Pearce

SonicStar

SonicStar

you guys have scored 182 points from 11 games.

Average of 16 points per game.

you take away the 10 points from the Manly game without Peace and divide 172 by 10 games and you get 17.2 points per match.

Yeah having Pearce in the side makes a massive difference to scoring points.

an extra 1.2 point :lol:

As I said you guys having been struggling to score points this season with Pearce or without him.

Those are facts. Cold hard facts. 
ChristianDarque

ChristianDarque

Firstly, I don't hate the Roosters. I have no problem giving a Rooster player a wrap if deserved.

Carney was great while with you guys, and I freely said so. To this day Mini is still one of my favourite NRL players.
However, as far as Pearce goes lets get honest.

He is a very average NRL #7. He's adequate for club games and that's about it.

He has little to no creativity, has a reasonable kicking game and is quite good in defence.

Coupled with his lack of creativity is the fact he telegraphs his endless inside pass and sells dumps to his forwards, he throws a lot of intercept passes, kicks out on the full a lot when he's not meant to and can't steer a team around.

He has failed at grand final level and failed every time at SOO level. That's because he nowhere near SOO level.

If the Roosters want to win a comp again they need a good halfback with vision and creativity to go with some very big and promising young forwards.

Pearce is probably the single most over rated player I have seen in the past 20 years. 
HeadlessChook

HeadlessChook

Whats our average points without Pearce? I think your maths is slightly flawed if you are going to talk averages. Pearce has missed one game all season and in that game we scored 10 points. Therefore, without Pearce in the team the differential is actually 7.2 points per game and probably enough to get us over the line against Manly.

Sonic, I have never said we were attacking dynamos. Just refuted your ridiculous claim that we looked better without him on Sunday. 
HeadlessChook

HeadlessChook

I think you will find most of us agree pretty much with that assessment. I would argue that he does have some creativity and throws some nice passes, but he's the best that we have and we are a better team with him than we are without him. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Welcome back 
ChristianDarque

ChristianDarque

To be honest I haven't seen enough of you guys with or without him this year to offer a fair opinion as to whether you're better with or without him.

Having said that, I think Mortimer has a lot more general variety and attacking flair to his game than Pearce ever will, and it would be interesting to see him there for 3 or 4 games to settle and see how he goes. 
ChristianDarque

ChristianDarque

Thank you. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

You gave a wrap to carney whilst at the same time saying Pearce has failed at gf level. Last time I checked Carney was also playing in that gf! Also if Pearce is a failure at gf level, love to know your opinion on sutton. The one finals game your team did manage to make and you got smashed. He definitely has to be shit. Great logic? let's apply some consistency to the argument. Like sonic, you have never liked Pearce.

The past month, Pearce has played the best footy I've seen, especially against the dragons. 
ChristianDarque

ChristianDarque

Still can't stay on topic or resist being childish I see.

Whatever. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

I just used the logic you applied to one player but apparently the same doesn't apply to the rest? If Pearce is a failure at gf level then so is carney, can't have it both ways. Let me know when you make up your mind. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

sutton was playing in the backrow that game not in the halves

there have been games with Pearce where you guys scored 0 points vs Penrith and only 4 points vs the storm and other low scoring games.

The difference in points scored was only 1.2 Extra.

Mortimer looked a hell of a lot more dangerous playing at half back then Pearce has the season.

Pearce is simply not as good as some of you guys try to make him out to be and would have to be one of the most over-rated players in the game similar to anasta when some people used to rare him 
ChristianDarque

ChristianDarque

Okay, I'll give you five minutes as I am bored at the moment and have nothing to do for the next 5 mins. Let's look at your "logic" analogy.

Firstly you raise the topic of Carney. He was arguably the standout player from all teams in the NRL while with the Roosters. He was a 5/8, not the halfback. It is the halfbacks job to grab a game by the scruff of the neck, lead the team, make things happen and espeically in big games, GET THE JOB DONE. Pearce failed, as he has done in every SOO game. There goes that logic, ridiculous and irrelevant analogy for you to try and use.

Your next piece of logic is to bring up the topic of John Sutton, again totally irrelevant and not on topic, and ask me to make a comparison to Pearce?

How stupid. Sutton has not played any grand finals so how do we know if he'd choke like Pearce did?

Sutton has not played any SOO so how would we know if he'd choke in that arena as Pearce has done in every series?

The topic is about Pearce and his abilities or lack thereof. Try to stay on topic. 
Avala

Avala

I know Souths fans are a bit slow, but Headless even pointed out the mistake in your maths for you earlier.

In games with Pearce playing we have averaged 17.2.

In games without Pearce we have averaged 10 (albeit it a very small sample size).

17.2 - 10 = 7.2 points higher when Pearce is playing.

Surely you can understand that?! 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Darque is Shaun Johnson a failure? Don't know why the warriors are putting up with him?! Adrian Lam was another one? Yeah right!

According to everyone carney was the reason we made the gf, but when it came to game, because we lost it was Pearce fault but if we had won, you would have been giving the credit to carney. YOUR logic once again fails. I have no problem admitting carney was the form player, your argument lacks consistency.

You raise the question about sutton, but he has had plenty of chances from the halves to have some sort of impact and you guys have missed the finals each yr? What does that say? Oh might also be the reason why no one would pick him in origin!!

I have no problem if you want to discuss Pearce, but your argument is flawed, that's why sutton was bought into the argument ;) 
SonicStar

SonicStar

no it was quite obvious I was pointing out how many points you score with Pearce in the side and not in it

There was nothing wrong with the calculations at all and try reading it again. Read my following post with Pearce in the side you guys have been scoreless against a shit panthers side amongst others but you guys trying to make out you would have scored more points if he was in the side but when he is in the side you average 17 points and still not enough to win against manly.

most roosters fans keep saying that mortimers try was a try which would have got you up to 16 points so you can't have it both ways

I know you guys can't hack it when people with more league knowledge speak about Pearce because they tell you the truth and not what you want to hear.

There is a lot more evidence to suggest he wouldnt have made much of a difference if he had of played.

Average player at best and nothing more 
HeadlessChook

HeadlessChook

You really shouldn't keep bringing up averages when you don't know how they are calculated.

Sonic, we know we're a shit side with or without Pearce. We just feel we are slightly less shit with Pearce then we are without him which has been the argument all along here, but which you keep trying to turn around and make out like we are saying Pearce is better than JT and Joey when we all know he's somewhere between Sandow and DCE. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

You're still a shit side with him in the side, which is the whole point 
HeadlessChook

HeadlessChook

Must really burn you up that your team failed to put away such a shit side in Rd 1! 
SonicStar

SonicStar

nope. just like any other normal loss, some times you will lose to shit sides, some times you will beat sides better than you.

part and parcel of rugby league. 
ChristianDarque

ChristianDarque

Are you okay? Shaun Johnson and Adrian Lam? When you can understand what this thread is about, get back to me.

I am not here to be baited with idiocy by those such as you. If you can't have a sensible exchange on topic, do us all a favour and ignore me. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

I'm not baiting you at all, what you apply to one player must be applied to all, which you simply won't do, you just manage to reach the conculsion pearce is shit. 
Rooster1

Rooster1

He's attempting to use logic to suit his opinion rather than use logic to form it. 
ChristianDarque

ChristianDarque

Show me where I said Pearce is shit, then you can apologise for telling lies. 
Rooster1

Rooster1

There 
TheHunter

TheHunter

i wonder what a normal loss is?? what is the difference? a great loss, a normal loss, a shit loss a ???????? a loss...your team has had a lot of normal losses over the years....haaaaaaaa...part and parcel of rugby league...you can lose to shit sides, never better sides...and when you win, it is to better sides not to shit sides.......yeap...again...haaaaaa... I'm in stitchers.... 

Recent Rugby League Posts

seaeagles - nothing sensible to say ,you poor excuse for a human fastwater! get a brain & you will be dangerous!
ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181