The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Mitchell Pearce

Kramer

Kramer

Lol. The weather was a contributing factor though. No coincidence we led at halftime whilst it was dry. Then during the halftime break it started raining and you guys ran away with it in the second half in the rain 
Rooster1

Rooster1

Just us or the audience watching on TV too? :P 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

all great plans have unforseen consequences :P 
Jororo85

Jororo85

I think Pearce proved you wrong today, he really stood up in attack in the first half and his defence and kicking game was five star throughout the game.

As always haters are going to hate but Mitchell Pearce will be the NSW halfback for the next 10 years. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Thought he was the MOTM tbh. How good was BJ? really showed he ain't a winger. 
Jororo85

Jororo85

BJ actually really suprised me today, makes me so happy we resigned him :) made some great descisions in defence and kept his head when he made the break! 
SonicStar

SonicStar

I didn't watch the game but if he had a top game today then it's really something he needs to do on a consistent basis because every player will have a great game here and there but if they can't back it up week in week out then they shouldn't be rep players.

I mean there are games were Sandow had a superstar performances as well for example or anyone.

But I seriously believe NSW needs another option at half back as Pearce isn't the answer 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Seriously? In a way you try to give him credit and then take it right back from him! Let it go.. 
Avala

Avala

Who would you pick? 
Morkel

Morkel

I've said it a few times - Pearce just has to have one decent game to be an automatic selection and all the others who are vying for half positions are always one poor game away from being overlooked for the entire series. Good to be a Qld supporter. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

How can i give him credit for his performance if I didn't watch him play. For all I know he may not even had a good game because usually roosters fans say he does when he doesn't do much.

He's a not a player that puts in those types of performances week in week out.

Even if he does it 1 out of 5 games that isn't good enough to get picked for rep football.

You look at the other rep halves and these blokes rarely play a bad game and that's why they're considered to be the best, Pearce is not in that sort of class and this is why NSW will struggle because we hardly have any halves at all that can do it.

Carney is our biggest hope and has been for quite some time but obviously due to off field stuff has stuffed his chances up in the past playing for NSW. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

pretty much what I'm saying, I'm sure every Queenslander would love nothing more than for Pearce to be the NSW half back but Roosters fans take it as an insult if people give an honest opinion of his ability, even worse when it comes from a Souths fan.

Sad news for NSW is there really isn't any Rep quality half backs available.

Which is why they're going to try and manufacture ones like with wanting to put Hayne at five-eighth etc.

If hayne is going to be NSW five-eighth then you would have to have someone like Carney or Mullen as half back. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Whats to say it has only been one performance?

This game confirmed that anasta definitely needs to make way to the backrow and allow morts at 5/8. Pearce took charge in attack and played great on both sides of the field. Kicking game, passing game and support play was great. With the roosters he is limited and when anasta is in control, our attack is taking a backwards step. No coincedence most our tries are coming on the right side. 
Jororo85

Jororo85

I may be a little blinded by being a Rooster fan but I think Pearce is a far better player than people give him credit for. I am not a stats man and correct me if I am wrong but I think Pearce last year in a rubbish side, rated 3rd or 4th overall halfback in the comp (line break, assists, kicks etc) behind Thurston, Cronk and possibly DCE.

I really hope Pearce consolidates his position on Wednesday and we smash the dragons.

I hope Mitchell Pearce is a Rooster for life and can't wait to see his combination next year with James Maloney. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

You can't blame it all on Anasta. Pearce is meant to be your dominant play maker so he has to call the shots and lead the team around the field. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Which is what he did in 10, problem now is anasta wants to be that dominant player too, which is why it isn't working. 
Jororo85

Jororo85

I couldn't agree more, I think the team is constantly in two minds. I have always thought anasta to be a much better lock/backrower than 5/8 and I think this has become even more apparent later in his career.

Morts should be 5/8 and Anasta should be coming off the bench with either Aubusson or Pearce to captain the side for the rest of the year. 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

Pearce had a blinder today, you really should watch the replay on fox. Was just everywhere. Did a tremendous job, considering he had Hayne on his outside, dropping & fumbling his way through the game. Pearce setup all 4 tries & was brilliant in support. Easily man of the match. Really good to see him not have to make 40 tackles & still have to control the game. With quality backs playing around him he really looked at home. God I'm glad he plays for us, as our side matures he is going to lead us to great things!!! 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

A couple of really good things came out of today's game. Pearce showed that he can control a game & showed patience which allowed this to happen. Hayne had a shocker, which hopefully has finally convinced Stuart he can't play 5/8. We had a couple of really good prospects go round in our forwards. Woods was very good, simms is must. & we don't need buderous back at hooker. We have plenty of good options there. There are only 2 options at 5/8 for nsw. Carney or Maloney. The fact Stuart didn't give Maloney a go, probably means it will be carney. He played well today & probably deserves a go. 
Kramer

Kramer

Pearce played very well and did it alone again. He had Hayne outside him who was a passenger playing out of position (much like his club team mate). I was very impressed with his performance 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Triple M's Matty Johns says Mitchell Pearce's performance at the sold out Roosters vs. Dragons clash at Allianz Stadium yesterday proved he should be the halfback for the 2012 State Of Origin series.

"I sat with Ricky [Stuart, State Of Origin coach] during the game yesterday, and [Ricky] was really impressed by Mitchell Pearce," Triple M's Matty Johns said this morning.
"When you have a look at the stats of the game, the Roosters made one line break in the whole game compared to seven from the Dragons. But, the only reason the Roosters were really the best team on the park (and in a lot of ways people will think unlucky not to win it) was Mitchell Pearce and his kicking game. I thought yesterday was one of the best games I've seen him play," Matty continued. "I think lock him in, he'll be the halfback for New South Wales," he said.

"Yeah, the energy he's displayed in the last two games - City vs. Country and yesterday - says to Ricky Stuart, 'pick me!'" Triple M's Mark Geyer added.
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/blog/matty-johns-lock-in-mitchell-pearce-as-nsw-state-of-origin-halfback-for-2012/20120426-g5q4.html 
Kramer

Kramer

One of the best games I've seen Pearce play. I noticed that he took COMPLETE control of the team and the game. Anasta barely touched the ball, except to take conversions or kick offs 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

I think Smith played very close attention to the city game and saw what pearce produced, no doubt we changed the structure and it worked brilliantly. Couldn't fault one thing about him. About time, the disadvantage though is will someone like skd see enough ball? 
Kramer

Kramer

The game plan yesterday meant that none of our outside backs were going to see much ball. It was very much play up the middle, kick well and chase hard. Very simple but effective. There will be games where we look to play with width, that's when SKD etc will get their hands on the ball 
Rooster1

Rooster1

Even the errors Pearce makes lead to tries :P 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Well there you go. Apparently Wide Bay's final is being played Thursday between Norville SS of Bundy and St Pat's Gympie. I am lead to be...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
ALX21 - RD 20 ResultsBroncos: J.Nikorima goal
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181