The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Mitchell Pearce

UGoodthings

UGoodthings

As has been said, a really good halfback or 5/8 is great while you have them, but they leave a massive void when they retire. It's a lucky side that can find someone to replace them within 2 or 3 seasons. The trap most teams fall into & we are a typical example is they rush out & try & buy instant success by signing up the best thing available on the market at the time. It's the nature of nrl as opposed to afl. Afl clubs will rebuild through juniors & have 4 or 5 years of poor seasons till they mature. League fans are fickle & drop of when a side performs poorly. We brought Anasta as the best thing out there at the time to fill the void of Freddy that was hanging over us. Unfortunately after we brought him we got tunnel vision & believed he was the only one for us. There has been one constant through the years of poor performance, he has seen the purging of coaches, almost entire teams, carney, fitzi & that is braith. Even when the rest of the players, public & media voted him the most overrated player season after season he has survived them all. Finally I feel relief he is going & positive about the young players we are developing & Pearce is one of those players!! 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Roosters fans keep waiting in hope Pearce Will become a good half back that will actually make a real difference for the side but more and more fans have realized he's a myth and when you read somewhere like the chookpen a lot of them actually say what they really think about him which is a lot in the negative but like always there are still some that will defend him all the time, until eventually gets axed or signs somewhere else like Bwaith and then they will be saying they glad he's gone when the roosters try and sign the next big thing from somewhere else.

Difference with Rleague roosters fans as you can see they rarely say a bad word about him, as if they don't want to admit they were wrong and that everyone else was right from the beginning that Pearce has always been over-rated and was never going to be the answer for the Roosters half back job. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Wrong, majority of the fans on that site are just fickle, the fact most of them want friend sacked just shows it. I think we have great supporters here. Good to see you still read the site, they would love for you to join up ;) 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

will you guys be going to the ANZAC day clash yes Its that time of year again. I am thinking about it. Is it a game you can just buy tickets at the game or is it a game that you should pre purchase tickets? 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Definitely pre purchase your tickets to get good seats. 
Rooster1

Rooster1

Don't think I'll ever get to an ANZAC game.. 
Kramer

Kramer

I think Pearce is a very good club halfback. It's people like you who continue to point out his failures just because he hasn't become the next immortal. The media also expect this of him. Just because his name is Pearce, doesn't guarantee success. As a club halfback, he has been successful and that's all I'm concerned about. Hence why I'm not critical of him 
Kramer

Kramer

It's also a St Merge 'homegame' this season. You really should pre purchase tickets 
HeadlessChook

HeadlessChook

Pearce is never going to be a dominant playmaker like a Thurston. He's a sound organiser with a reasonable passing, running and kicking game without being outstanding in any one area. He plays well when he has a running 5/8th alongside him to take the pressure off his game but at the moment he has Anasta next to him and I've seen paraplegics with better running games than Braith!

As for Sonic's rant, fair call. Some people still think he is going to be a superstar but I can't see it. As long as he does a good job when he wears the red white and blue, I'm happy. I haven't seen much of the Roosters this season for one reason or another but the few games I did see, I thought he took the line more than in previous years. He musr have been average on Saturday night, but by the look of the scoreline, there were 16 blokes alongside him who were also average. 
chookdance

chookdance

it's cute when a souths fan comments on halfbacks when was the last time u guys had one play rep footy? 
SonicStar

SonicStar

please I would be banned within seconds :lol: 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Does his team have to have a good HB for him to be able to make comments.:rolls:

I worry about the mental skills of some bloke. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

To be fair Pearce hasn't seen any consistency from the club to help him in any way either. Since his time at the club we have gone through 3 coaches and different halves pairing. Since Freddy as coach anasta has been shifted. The time we finally thought we had a halves combination to lead us for a couple of seasons, pearce showed his running, passing and support play was more then reasonable. Following yr Pearce is back to point 1 with carney going MIA. Not to mention his number one is no longer the same player he was back in 05, certainly doesn't help friend is out of form either and we have already established Braith should make way again into the backrow. Wonder how effective cronk would be without smith and slater? in fact when these two guys got rested last season, cronk was struggling to lay on the points and got smashed by us.

Half of the time we aren't playing with structure and expects pearce to play on his extinct which he can't. Pearce would go great under someone like Bellamy imo. 
Kramer

Kramer

Lol that's hilarious. I BARELY read anything posted on the chookpen, it's dramatic garbage. The Roosters posters on rleague are much more aligned with reality 
chookdance

chookdance

perfect grammar champ. it's his opinion i just said i thought it was cute like souths fans being allowed to comment on other teams success of the last 30 years they are allowed to do that. Pearce as a half back will only go as well as his forward pack goes very similar to reyonlds other halfbacks are have more natural flair. To say pearce offers nothing is ignorant, most halves in the same position as pearce being the only play maker would struggle aswell 
alchemist

alchemist

Henry is now 5th in the pecking order for halves at the Titans after Prince, Sezer, Rankin and Bird... his career has definitely stalled 
alchemist

alchemist

agreed... at worst, Pearce is still in the top half for halfbacks in the game IMO... unfortunately, there has been a noticeable lack of quality halves developed by NSW in recent times which has meant that Pearce has probably gotten more opportunities at rep level than he would have in previous years 
SonicStar

SonicStar

in other words he had nothing ;) 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

no kidding I read after the 2010 grand final they blamed things even the most one eye crazy rleague roosters fan did not blame, i.e length of channel 9 breaks and the weather 
Kramer

Kramer

Well it was the weathers fault. On a dry track St Merge had no chance. But a wet track allowed them to play their boring grinding shit 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Rugby league is an outdoor sport. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Try 40 years, (sob). If we couldn't comment because of our failure, it would be a quite old board. :o)

As for his opinion on Pearce, he may be right, he may be wrong, but he is right or wrong regardless of our HB.

As for the perfect grammar, I didn't use a question mark after the question, nor did it put the "s" on the end of bloke. ;o) 
chookdance

chookdance

haha all true points and u put quite instead of quiet ;) 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

it was our plan to put you guys into a coma ;) 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Ouch. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

DavidHatch - Was on last Sunday. Weir SS defeated Cairns West SS in Final. Not sure where Weir go next.
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168