Goodsy

Goodsy

Whatever suits our agenda :P 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

can we do the same about manly ;) 
saints

saints

That's all you need RG. But ... I was in the RSL on Bribie the other day and heard a rumour that SBW might be going to you. I just looked on in admiration at the mongerer. Pearce - yes - gone I'm afraid - so old Bob said. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Very happy to see Pearce enjoying himself last night, couldn't really wipe the smile of his face in the end. 
knitey

knitey

I thought he played well, and I didn't realise how quick he was. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Neither did I :P

Thought Nightingale would have for got him for sure 
MrChook

MrChook

Was also impressed with Taka's speed to run down Stanley for the ankle tap that led to BJ's sin bin. 
southsport

southsport

Ditto from me, he played well and showed some pace........what happened to Morris when he was chasing him, is he carrying an injury? 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

We made Pearce look like an absolute super-star...which isn't saying much.

The Roosters should table him a new extended deal.. :) 
dalmont

dalmont

Good to see he stood up, showed good pace and yes looked happy. Hope to see him do it consistently well done to him. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

INCOMING Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson wants Mitchell Pearce to be his halfback well into the future.

"Definitely, definitely," Robinson told The Australian from France last night.
"Mitch is the future at halfback for the Roosters for a long time. I hope he sees that."
Pearce's future at the Roosters -- he is off contract at the end of next year -- was one of the major talking points in the latter stages of the season amid speculation he was being pursued by a number of rivals, most notably St George Illawarra and Canterbury.
Robinson's arrival, likely to be in mid-next month once he has finished his commitments with French side Catalans in the Super League, will only help the Roosters' cause. The pair forged a strong relationship in Robinson's previous guise as an assistant to Brian Smith.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/top50?utm_medium=marketing_placements&utm_source=TA&utm_campaign=50_sport&utm_content=mp_story_free_seealso&creative_id=ta_50_sport149x181_gen1a&sourceCode=TAWEB_MPL120A http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2012/05/21/1226361/905907-subs-promo-top-50-sport.png

"Mitch is the State of Origin halfback," he said. "Mitch is our halfback. He is an outstanding player. He is a rugged halfback as well. I am really excited about Mitch and obviously James (Maloney) coming in as well.
"They're two halves that can attack the line, they're physical. As a coach coming back into a team it makes me feel pretty comfortable knowing Mitchell Pearce is at halfback.
"He is what you want to lead a team in that position. Mitch and I have a good relationship and I also believe in the way he plays the game. I am a big fan of his style of footy as well."
Coaching Pearce isn't the only thing that has Robinson looking forward to his arrival back at Bondi Junction.
The 35-year-old, who will be the second-youngest coach in the premiership behind former teammate Steve Price, is also expected to be united with dual international Sonny Bill Williams.
Williams, at present playing rugby union in Japan, is yet to announce where he will play next season but it would be a major shock if it was not with the Roosters.
"If it all gets done and he gets here after Japan, it's big news for the competition but also for us," Robinson said.
"Firstly, he is a superstar in the sense of professional sport in the stuff he has done. And through some players I have coached here he is a really good guy. I think that's a fair mix. I need to get to know him if he's coming and work out what makes him tick. Then he will do a great job for us."
The Roosters, and chairman Nick Politis, are banking on Robinson doing the same for a club that has floundered over the past two seasons.
His appointment came only a matter of days after Smith -- his long-time mentor and the man who gave him a taste of coaching in the NRL as an assistant at Newcastle -- parted ways with the club with a year remaining on his contract.
"Obviously he had a fair part to play in my development as a coach," Robinson said. "It was pretty tough to see him get moved on a year early. That's not good but that's our sport. I think Brian and I know that's our sport, as well."
Robinson, Super League coach of the year in 2011 and one of the driving forces behind the Roosters' trip to the grand final in 2010, has a big few months ahead of him.
After his season finishes at Catalans, hopefully with a grand final win, he will return to Sydney to begin preparing for the new season.
His partner, Sandra, who is due to give birth to the couple's second child in March, will remain in France with their son Noah until the new year.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/roosters-new-man-backs-pearce/story-fnca0von-1226472159945 
buzz07

buzz07

i heard a rumor that the OASIS part 2 development plan is back on. 
CapedFan

CapedFan

Pearce won't even be the best halfback at the club next season. 
LeichhaTiger

LeichhaTiger

Any truth to the Tigers rumour? 
HeadlessChook

HeadlessChook

Yes. Beau Ryan has signed with the Sharks and Heighington will shortly follow suit. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

FORGET about Sonny Bill Williams and even Quade Cooper - the main priority for incoming boss Brian Canavan is making halfback Mitchell Pearce a Rooster for life.

Answering some of the questions that sacked chief executive Steve Noyce would not, replacement Canavan said re-signing Pearce, who is off contract at the end of next season, was his chief concern.

"I see him here for his whole career," Canavan said. "I will do everything in my work capacity to ensure that happens. Mitchell will obviously be a 300-plus game player. He has all the attributes of his dad as a player. He is very, very important to this club.

"Mitchell and I go way back. He was on scholarship to us in my time here.

"We already have an existing relationship."

It is no secret Pearce was unhappy under former coach Brian Smith - so much so that it is believed he met with Bulldogs coach Des Hasler.

The Dragons are desperate for a halfback and have their sights on Pearce.

As for Williams, Canavan said he had not discussed his imminent arrival when accepting the chief operating officer role from all-powerful chairman Nick Politis.

The Australian reports today that new coach Trent Robinson spent the day with Williams in Japan earlier this year, when Robinson was there on holidays.

"I honestly don't know where that one is at," Canavan said. "I haven't seen any budgets, players lists, salary caps. My view is we would love to have him in rugby league. Now that I am back at the Roosters we would love to have him here."

When it came to continuing speculation about Cooper, who is disgruntled with the Wallabies, Canavan said: "Quade's never been mentioned. He is not on the radar at all."

The issue in the minds of many is how much say he will have beneath the long shadow cast by Politis.

When Canavan was asked if he was prepared to tell the chairman to "butt out" of football matters, he smiled: "Of course I will."

He added: "At the end of the day he's a good fella. He defines passion. It must be a bit of a release valve for him from his business pressures.

"He is quite a private man, as we know. But he has a lot of care and concern for people. He has really good business feel and business empathy.

"What he is trying to do is get this club stabilised going forward because it has slipped. They came 13th and they shouldn't have. From what I saw they were a borderline top-eight side last year."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/canavans-first-mission-to-keep-halfback-mitchell-pearce-at-roosters/story-e6frexnr-1226497328473 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

I am already impressed. No more mumbo jumbo, just straight shoting. Canavan was always good at that. He has hit the nail on the head, we were a borderline top eight side who under achieved. At last we have honesty & integrity back at the club. The fans need to know what is going on in the club & Canavan will deliver that. Players will feel confident too that they have a man who has a strong working relationship with Politis at the helm & has his respect, enough to make his own decisions, no more smoke & mirrors, & inability to answer a question straight up. 
dalmont

dalmont

Pearce must be signed before season the starts and get on with showing his true potential under a new coaching outfit. Then we can have settled halves combo(pearce and moloney)guiding the team for the next few seasons . 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

The Roosters must do everything within their power to retain Pearce for life.

Failure to do this could see him end up at another club, possibly the Dragons *facepalm*

With Politis' never ending cash reserves and blatant disregard for the salary cap, I'm confident he can become their 300+ game, one club player :) 
Rooster1

Rooster1

Lol you have Soward. Your opinion is invalid. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

ELEVATED to within sight of the vacant Roosters captaincy, Mitchell Pearce has declared the time has arrived for his young teammates to "step up and start taking control".

New Roosters coach Trent Robinson is yet to announce his skipper for 2013, but has appointed Pearce to a seven-man leadership group that also includes Anthony Minichiello, Aiden Guerra, Jake Friend, Martin Kennedy, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Shaun Kenny-Dowall.
While Pearce expects veteran fullback Minichiello to be made captain, he wants 2013 to be recalled as a coming of age for the club's next generation.
"We've had a leadership group in the past, but there hasn't been as much focus on it as this year," Pearce said. "We've lost a lot of older players over the years, and losing Braith (Anasta) has probably left a hole in terms of an experienced head.

"Mini is still there but that's about it. So it's time for us younger guys to step up and start taking control. It's not as if we haven't got plenty of experience. Most of us have played over 100 games. "It's about taking responsibility and going about your business with a focus.
"It's a real skill and it's about time we started to take responsibility. I'm not saying it's easy. It's a challenge, but it's a good challenge. It helps you develop and we'll end up with a good culture."
During their past two years of underachievement, the Roosters have stumbled through disciplinary slip-ups and wild form fluctuations on the paddock.
Preparing for his seventh season at just 23 years of age, Pearce is no stranger to public scrutiny after enduring the spotlight for much of 2012.
Asked what the team had learned from last year, the Origin half replied: "There's no doubt the biggest thing is that everyone needs to be 100 per cent committed to footy.
"If we can get that right and everyone on the same page, we'll give it a shot.
"Last year, we weren't consistent the way we thought about footy. We showed we could do it, but not on a regular basis. That's a mental thing. We need to work on that and be better than the rest."Roosters players have quickly embraced Robinson's new style.
"I wouldn't say our training has been harder than last year, but probably smarter," Pearce said. "We're training to execute our game plan at all stages, so doing a lot of things under fatigue.
"Having a new coach, we're going through a few new plays and new calls.
"Robbo is a very composed bloke and he seems to know the players very well.
"He's very intelligent about footy, knows what he wants and is very clear with his instructions."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sydney-roosters-halfback-mitchell-pearce-says-it-is-time-for-young-players-in-side-to-step-up/story-e6frexnr-1226546299851

UGoodthings

UGoodthings

Pearce as captain, if he isnt ready now, he never will be. 
MrChook

MrChook

Interesting Guerra is named in the leadership group. I like it that he is picked but I feel he has only just cemented a regular spot in the team and with SBW coming will be competing for a back row spot with SBW, Cordner, Taka, FPN, Cherrington. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Full strength backrow IMO would have to be Guerra, SBW and Cordner 
MrChook

MrChook

Agree. FPN & Takarangai off the bench 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181