The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Mitchell Pearce

RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

MITCHELL Pearce's career in representative football is at the crossroads. His game has not improved for two years and it looks like he's suffering from not getting quality coaching at club level.
Look at the improvement in other young halves such as Daly Cherry-Evans at Manly and Shaun Johnson at the Warriors over the last 18 months. It's more than a coincidence that team-of-the-century halfback Andrew Johns does regular one-on-one sessions with both players.
That's what young Pearce needs. Someone who can take his game to the next level and teach him to read a game better than what he's doing at the moment.
Even Cooper Cronk had the benefit of Matty Johns as a mentor when he started at Melbourne Storm.
To this day, Cronk credits Johns as much as Craig Bellamy for his development into a Test half-back.

Blues coach Ricky Stuart has shown the young Roosters halfback remarkable loyalty over the last couple of years.
But loyalty can only go so far and you can't keep picking a struggling playmaker against the best backline on the planet.
In Darwin on Saturday night, Pearce was hardly sighted against the Cowboys.
His big pack struggled in the heat and as a result Johnathan Thurston gave him a lesson on how to dominate a footy game.
At the same time, Peter Wallace had been outstanding for the Broncos until he got injured.
He had to step up and show some leadership when Darren Lockyer retired and has thrived on the extra responsibility of steering them around the park.
The young Broncos could have struggled this year without Lockyer's guidance and direction but Wallace
has really stepped up.
He had a taste of Origin football with four games in 2008 and 2009 but is twice the player these days.
The added advantage is that he knows so much about the Broncos players in the Queensland team which will be invaluable when Stuart is trying to plot their downfall.
Pearce will get another chance as City halfback in Mudgee next Sunday but Wallace only needs to prove his fitness to get the Blues jersey for game one.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/phil-rothfield-says-sydney-roosters-halfback-mitchell-pearce-needs-someone-to-help-take-his-game-to-the-next-level/story-e6frexnr-1226327172801

The only thing I agree on is that he could do with someone helping him, time to bring Matty Johns back. 
View all 461 comments
chookdance

chookdance

i;m suprised sonic hasn't commented and said what ever it was was too much.

great news!!! 
MrChook

MrChook

Sonic & friends are too busy trying to distance themselves from Curtis Johnson. 
chookdance

chookdance

i heard they shared needles just saying 
knitey

knitey

:lol::lol: 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Best news ever, stuck with him until 2017 :lol: 
MrChook

MrChook

Another 4 seasons for your golden boy Reynolds to look up to his idol. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

It sure did help his game watching the all stars :lol: 
MrChook

MrChook

Nah that was from his Cronk vids, just ask Saggy.:) 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

How did his huddles go? 
MrChook

MrChook

He did plenty with the other bench warmers after he was hooked. 
annav3

annav3

Good on him, secures his future. Wouldn't be easy having a high profile dad that played footy. Apparently he mentions in the press conference he partied a bit too much last year. As a fan I would be pretty pissed off when a player admits to not applying himself.

Coaches get the sack for poor performances, players get rewarded. 
Kramer

Kramer

He was one of our best last season, so I don't think he didn't apply himself! 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

So he has been studying Billy Rogers also? 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

That's the best you can do?!! 
WestEndAthletics

WestEndAthletics

We've been saying that about Pearce for years..... 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

I wouldn't even get into the all stars game. That was the worst half performance by Reynolds that I have seen in a long time. Don't think Pearce has to worry to much. 
knitey

knitey

Classic....:lol::lol: 
buzz07

buzz07

Lol seriously i would love to know who's @&$*ing videos sutton watchs, the wiggles? That guy has been stealing those poor souffs fans money for years. Most overrated 5/8 of all time IMO that is. Should start a new thread most overrated 5/8 of all time, sutton would be even money. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

:lol::lol::lol: 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

NSW fans more so :( 
alchemist

alchemist

there just isn't too much halves talent out there and so i understand why the Roosters have re-signed Pearce... they probably should have signed him for 2-3 years instead of 4 though IMO 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Who was the last club to sign a player on such a contract? Canberra with Campese right? 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

We signed Sandow for 4 years. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Didn't think it was that long :lol: 
alchemist

alchemist

Canberra signed Campese to a 5 year deal with more than a year still to run on his then current deal... so the Pearce deal is a year less on the Raiders commitment to Campese... and i think Campese's plight since then should serve as a warning to other clubs that are prepared to throw long contract extensions to current players

the Titans were also throwing around long contracts not that long ago (eg. Zillman) 
Kramer

Kramer

Tigers and Benji was 5 years? 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa vs Australia live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score coverage...
tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181