The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Cherrington leaves Roosters for Panthers

Sikk

Sikk

http://www.nrl.com/cherrington-leaves-roosters-for-panthers/tabid/10874/newsid/70782/default.aspx

Shame - I don't think we ever saw the best of him. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Wants to get away from $BW.

Understandable. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Best of luck to him, hope he kills it at the panthers. 
Kramer

Kramer

Did we even see him at all? 
Sikk

Sikk

He will do well if he can stay fit :( Always thought he showed promise. 
annav3

annav3

I have watched him at two trial matches and both times he copped very bad injuries. I hope he has better luck at a new club. 
MrChook

MrChook

Mixed feelings on Cherrington. Feel sorry for the guy that his footy career has been almost ruined due to injury, he does have some talent.
On the other hand I have zero tolerance for men who think the are man enough that they can assault women. Was never comfortable keeping him on since that happened. 
Sikk

Sikk

I'd forgotten about that.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/roosters-forward-cherrington-avoids-jail-20090508-axw7.html Roosters forward Cherrington avoids jail

That lessens the sting of losing him. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Unlike the other players, he accepted responsibility for what he did and has managed to turn his life around to his credit. He's a roosters junior and considering we stuck with him through his worst, we probably should have kept him. 
Sikk

Sikk

Hmm, as a pure business call - he hasn't delivered on the investment the club has made. When does the club stop chasing the payday? Seems pretty clear it's when they see an opportunity like O'Donnell.

All that being said - I wish him well, everyone makes mistakes, and he sure has had a rotten run with injuries. 
Kramer

Kramer

I see it the other way. The club has invested many years in development and rehab, only to release him once fit 
Sikk

Sikk

The clubs actions indicate that's not how they see it. Anyway - its done now. Hope O'Donnell is worth it, I used to have a big opinion of him when he was earning Kangaroo spots. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - RD 21 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeStorm14 J.Turpin15 C.GaloRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.Nikorima14 W.BrimsonCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Ba...
Fromthenest - Well there you go. Apparently Wide Bay's final is being played Thursday between Norville SS of Bundy and St Pat's Gympie. I am lead to be...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181