The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013 Line Up

UGoodthings

UGoodthings

Many clubs haven't even moved on signing new players even though they have extra hundreds of thousands to spend. They are waiting for the need & the right player to purchase during the season, just wait. A side like the roosters with a great deal of depth running round in Newtown colours could lose many fringe players during the year. 
Bryco30

Bryco30

Any chance Friend plays the 80? 
MrChook

MrChook

Seluini made an impression when he came on each game last year. I'd prefer Friend plays 50-60 mins and Seluini comes on in the middle third and use that speed of his to exploit tiring defence. 
chookdance

chookdance

as long as they aren't gonna use friend at lock that did my head in last year 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

@TripleM_NRL: Huddersfield: "Can confirm that Luke O’Donnell has now formally left the club by mutual agreement. Expected to continue his career in #NRL." 
cpr_89

cpr_89

I can only imagine that they are going to ask O'Donnell to play prop to give the likes of Evans and Napa more time. If hes going to the Roosters 
professional

professional

The lack of love for Aubusson around me disgusts me. You call yourself Roosters' fans? I'm disgusted!

Will try to rectify this alarming situation later. 
Kramer

Kramer

Why do we need O'Donnell? We have too many backrowers already 
Sikk

Sikk

It looks opportunistic to me - spare money under the cap, he's looking for a home, and the contract duration must work. Also, an old head in a young pack is never a bad thing, especially with us looking to reduce ruck penalties. 
chookdance

chookdance

i will be filthy if he isn't in the team he's a great defender and has been a great safety blanket for pearce in attack, i rate him as one of the best hole runners in the league. 
professional

professional

Errrr ... :lol: 
MrChook

MrChook

Aubbs will be lucky if he gets a bench spot. There is no way he'll be outing SBW, Coydner or Guerra from the squad. Now O'Donnell is coming too Aubs probably gets pushed further down the pecking order. 
professional

professional

O'Donnell plays as a prop now. He *shouldn't* have any affect on Aubusson's position within the team. 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

I'd have him starting ahead of Guerra. Robinson rates him highly 
MrChook

MrChook

Gotta disagree on this one RG, I rate Guerra highly too. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Aubusson is a good player but I think Cordner and SBW are more dangerous prospects on the edges and I'd expect them to start. One of them (or even Aubusson) could move to the middle however they would be taking on a huge defensive burden. In any case I think Guerra is better suited for that role. 
chookdance

chookdance

he's too good of a defender he's have easily the best tackling technique in the team 
Kramer

Kramer

Guerra isn't a bad impact player off the bench 
MrChook

MrChook

I think Guerra adds more to the team than Aubs. I think people here are now thinking its either Aubs or Guerra in the back row. I think Guerra should get the nod:

[U]Incumbency[/U] - Guerra
[U]Size[/U] - Guerra
[U]Attack[/U] - about even. Aubs can run a good line, better than Guerra. Guerra has better natural evasion ability and can do more with the ball in hand.
[U]Defence[/U] - Aubs has the better technique but is no Dallas Johnson. His distinct lack of size will make him a target. 
buzz07

buzz07

Lol didnt realize how small our forward pack is, maybe they should start throwing down more weetbix 
chookdance

chookdance

i guess it all depends what they are doing with fpn. 
professional

professional

I don't think size really matters that much for Aubusson. He is a good defender despite his lack of height, so I don't see being vertically challenged as something that counts against him. He is pretty nuggetty anyway, I'd be surprised if Guerra is that much heavier.

If teams decide to target him because he isn't 6'4" then that is probably beneficial for the Roosters. You'd be much better off with oppositions trying to (ill-advisedly) exploit Aubusson than you would be if oppositions tried to exploit SBW. The latter would leak more points.

Even if Aubusson isn't Dallas Johnson he is still a very good defender and a fair bit better than Guerra. For a team that conceded the second most points in the NRL last year, improving the defence should be a priority. 
MrChook

MrChook

We conceded the second most points last year due to errors and ill discipline giving the opposition a mountain of ball, not because some of our guys can't tackle. Putting Aubs in the side over Guerra based on that argument doesnt fly with me. 
chookdance

chookdance

guerra does go missing in defence, i rate him too but we saw in 2011 that pearce looks extremely comfortable with aubusson hitting those holes on the right edge. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168