The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013 Line Up

Kramer

Kramer

He had a poor season last year. But had several good seasons before that. Would hardly write him off considering most the team were poor last year 
Kramer

Kramer

This would be my team for 2013. Some of the bench positions can be shuffled around depending on our opposition. Fortunately we have lots of depth in the forwards, but I'm still concerned about our backline depth. I have Oldfield starting but would still consider him a 'fringe' first grader. Fingers crossed the backline stay healthy and in form otherwise we might be in some trouble

My other slight concern is the lack of 'workhorses' in the forwards. We have a dynamic pack but our work rate is questionable

1. Tuivesa-Sheck
2. Oldfield
3. Jennings
4. SKD
5. Minichello
6. Maloney
7. Pearce
8. Warea-Hargreaves
9. Friend
10. Kennedy
11. Guerra
12. Corder
13. SBW

14. Seluini
15. FPN
16. Aubusson
17. Evans

18. Takarangi
19. Tasi
20. Bosden
21. Cherrington
22. Arona
23. Symonds
24. Moga (when returns from injury) 
professional

professional

Discipline will be another area of concern for the forwards. Penalties cost the Roosters dearly in quite a few games.

I like the look of SBW and Cordner though. 
Kramer

Kramer

Our main culprits have been JWH, Friend and FPN. Two of them are now vice captains, so hopefully that added responsibility will see them reduce their infringement rates 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Was reading Ted Helliar comments on twitter in regards to our team and it looks like Tupou may start ahead of Oldfield. Seems to be highly rated and probably deserves first crack based on last season. 
Kramer

Kramer

I wouldn't be unhappy with Tupou getting the first crack. He was pretty impressive in the couple first grade games he played last season. It might be a good thing to have some size returning the ball back, considering Minichello and RTS are both tiny 
AspleyOwl

AspleyOwl

Cordner is the real deal and i expect him to be the star this year for the roosters + he will play alot more than $BW 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

Our pack is still very young. Sbw joining them is a massive benefit. The guys attitude to training & fitness is sensational, & it may inspire some of these young blokes to follow his lead. Our pack was very hit & miss last year. 1 day you would get a rampaging bull, the next a lazy sloth. If these guys can be inspired to bring it & play for 80, they have the natural ability to be the best pack in the comp. 
Watnow

Watnow

No love for the Dalai (Lama Tasi)?

Thought he would have been on the bench 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

I think he will in place of Evans. Don't see Evans starting in round 1 but at some stage he will be pushing for selection. 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

Very big rumour we are signing Luke o'donnell. Really hope this isn't true. Apparently releasing symonds taka or another fringe player. He is 32 yrs old & a prolific penalty giver. Do not need him anywhere near us!! 
MrChook

MrChook

The rumour going around is to lose Symonds, Taka & Cherrington. Bad deal if this goes through. 
chookdance

chookdance

from what I gather we'd have to lose two of them but it sounds like we might let symonds go to England on loan much like the storm did, I can't say I agree with it either. 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

I hope giving Minichiello the captaincy doesn't mean he keeps the No.1 Jersey. He's clearly past it, need to give it to RTS or SKD. 
MrChook

MrChook

RTS yes, SKD god no. 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

I'm more for RTS yes, but I see some potential in SKD at fullback. Damaging ball runner. 
MrChook

MrChook

Great ball runner but his hands are terrible. I would shiver in fright with every kick if SKD was at the back. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

He has feet for hands. 
UGoodthings

UGoodthings

I am very surprised by the o'donnell interest. I like the look of our young pack, & their youthful enthusiasm could by used to good effect along side sbw. I was critical of signing ryles, but in 2010 we needed him considering how young our side was. Three years on we have the same young blokes still playing for us. Surely they still don't need a wet nurse?! Now is their time to come of age. We may as well kept ryles, if we go down this track. 
Rooster1

Rooster1

Yep. Signing him will be a mistake. Just hope the club realises it. 
Sikk

Sikk

+1
Agreed 
alchemist

alchemist

considering O'Donnell's age and proven ill-discipline, i think it would be a mistake to sign him 
chookdance

chookdance

we would be better served bringing fitzy out of retirement 
professional

professional

O'Donnell played his first game for Huddersfield of 2013. Played as a prop (as he has for a while). Looked good except that he conceded two penalties, as per usual. 
chookdance

chookdance

two would be well below his average wouldn't it? 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181