The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Queensland City-Country

professional

professional

This is not an actual suggestion but just a result of boredom ...

Queensland City

1. Greg Inglis (Norths Brisbane)
2. Jharal Yow Yeh (Arana Hills)
3. Brent Tate (Redcliffe Dolphins)
5. Daniel Vidot (Souths Acacia Ridge)
6. Johnathan Thurston (Souths Sunnybank)
7. Cooper Cronk (Souths Acacia Ridge)
8. Josh McGuire (Norths Aspley)
9. Cameron Smith (Logan Brothers)
10. David Shillington (Norths St. Joseph's)
11. Michael Crocker (Brighton Roosters)
12. Ashley Harrison (Norths Aspley)
13. Corey Parker (Logan Brothers)

14. Daly Cherry-Evans (Redcliffe Dolphins)
15. Martin Kennedy (Norths Ipswich)
16. Josh Papalii (Logan Brothers)

Queensland Country

1. Billy Slater (Innisfail Brothers)
2. Justin O'Neill (Hughenden Hawks)
3. Justin Hodges (Cairns Kangaroos)
4. Dane Nielsen (Mackay Norths)
5. Darius Boyd (Mudgeeraba Redbacks)
6. Ben Barba (Mackay Norths)
7. Scott Prince (Mt Isa Townies)
8. Matt Scott (Longreach Tigers)
9. Matt Ballin (Kingaroy Red Ants)
10. Ben Hannant (Burleigh Bears)
11. Nate Myles (Cairns Southern Suburbs)
12. Sam Thaiday (Townsville Brothers)
13. Dallas Johnson (Herberton Magpies)

14. Nathan Friend (Wests Toowoomba)
15. Gavin Cooper (Murgon Mustangs)
16. Jacob Lillyman (Richmond Tigers)
17. Dave Taylor (Blackwater Crushers)

I'm really struggling to fill out the City team, partly because my knowledge of Brisbane and SE Queensland is very poor so I have a bunch of players who I don't know where to put.

At a quick glance the Country team looks very dominant. They have some really good players and a lot of depth such that I've got about 5-6 really good players who I can't fit in.

I don't know where Ben Te'o goes either. Hibiscus Coast isn't in the City or the Country :I. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

I think Cherry-Evans is originally from NQLD

Barba and Sandow would be other halves options for QLD Country 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Is this hypothetical thing Brisbane v the Rest?

Lachlan Maranta is from Wests Panthers, Daniel Vidot from Souths Acacia Ridge so there's two outside back options for City.

I'd probably have Aiden Guerra (NQLD way I believe) ahead of Cooper

What does Ipswich count as anyway (Hanc?)...Martin Kennedy apparently played there. 
professional

professional

I couldn't find anything about where he is originally from so I just went off his junior club, which was the Redcliffe.

I've got a few more City players now; Josh Papalii, Martin Kennedy and Daniel Vidot.

Who did Barba play for before he played for Norths? 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Barba is from Mackay and I'm pretty sure he played junior reps with Cherry-Evans at some stage. 
professional

professional

I had kind of been looking at "City" as the general South East Queensland zone. So Brisbane (inc. Ipswich and Logan), Gold Coast and then up to Sunshine Coast and the Moreton region.

I'm a bit sketchy on that whole area though. 
professional

professional

50/50 for me. I rate Cooper pretty highly. I think Guerra played his junior football up in Townsville. 
professional

professional

Should probably adjust this slightly, I hadn't realised that Mudgeeraba and Burleigh were in the Gold Coast area.

Just the greater Brisbane area including Logan and Ipswich :P 
Watnow

Watnow

This will bring about the Inglis Conundrum again how does he qualify for City when he lists his junior club as Bowraville Tigers a club in NSW's Country. 
professional

professional

It only becomes an issue if people want to have a whinge about it and rehash material that has been done to death.

He played for Norths and he plays for Queensland now. Pretty clear cut IMO. 
sydgeoff

sydgeoff

Isn't Thurston from Souths Sunnybank?...not that it makes much difference. 
professional

professional

Yeah he is, my mistake. 
Watnow

Watnow

You know it will.

Besides if hyperthetically this took place they'd have to play under the new Origin rules. 
xcade

xcade

I think it'd be more like Sth QLD v Nth QLD. Draw the line at Rocky I guess. A few Years ago the Townsville bulletin put together a hypothetical Nth QLD rep team as Tallis was saying they would beat Sth QLD. They had a pick of Slater in the QLD jersey and coloured it green. 
Hancock02

Hancock02

QRL counted Ipswich as Country when they played City v Country- City was Brisbane.

Marty played for Norths and the Jets in the Ipswich. 
professional

professional

When did Queensland play City-Country? I'd be interested to see how they defined the boundaries. 
Hancock02

Hancock02

Born in Mackay, played juniors for Reddy- his family are an institution there. Back to Mackay for teenage years then back down to Brisbane for one year at 19 before Manly picked him up. 
Hancock02

Hancock02

QRL have always done it up till about two years ago.

We played an Origin Selection game in '87 too, that was Brisbane based v Sydney based players. 
professional

professional

Didn't realise that. Queensland Cup based players? 
xcade

xcade

Indeed 
CQItalia

CQItalia

NRL website says Mackay Brothers for DCE so may be up to him

http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiership/playerstats/playerprofile/tabid/10898/clubid/5/playerid/868/seasonid/7/default.aspx 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168