MrFourex

MrFourex

I knew it was you .... ;) 
professional

professional

You're being unusually cryptic tonight. 
Morgues

Morgues

Is he eligible for QLD? I know his mum is from a small pacific nation (Vanuatu, I think?), but I'm not sure if he was born there or in Australia, and if he meets the new criteria. I do think he'd be a good fit in the QLD Origin side, though. 
MrChook

MrChook

Of course he is.

Vanuatu - THATS IN QUEENSLAND!!!.. 
professional

professional

Was born in Townsville. 
Morgues

Morgues

Well, that's definitely in Queensland, and answers that little problem. Cheers. 
xcade

xcade

QRL.com always has a list of eligible players. 
Morgues

Morgues

Thanks, but for some reason my work network does not like that site, access is blocked. 
WestEndAthletics

WestEndAthletics

Stop sending them nude photos of yourself... 
Morgues

Morgues

But it's the only way I could ensure a SOO Game 2 ticket....

:hindy: 
cal88

cal88

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Brent Tate
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Matt Scott
9. Cameron Smith
10. David Shillington
11. Ashley Harrison - left
12. Corey Parker - right
13. Nate Myles

14. Ben Barba - We don't need anymore playmakers (i.e DCE) when we have Smith, Cronk, Thurston. More options would be better
15. Ben Hannant
16. Ben Te'o - impact on the right edge
17. Sam Thaiday - as a prop only, he only worked well with Lockyer on the right edge 
professional

professional

Thaiday is a poor prop in the NRL. 
cal88

cal88

Still deserves to be in the team, this isn't NSW 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Nate Myles added.... 
alchemist

alchemist

apart from a couple positions, the QLD team picks itself

1. Slater; 2. Boyd; 3. Inglis; 4. Hodges; 5. Tate; 6. Thurston; 7. Cronk; 8. Scott; 9. Smith (c); 10. Shillington; 11. Thaiday; 12. Harrison; 13. Myles... 14. Te'o; 15. Hannant; 16. Parker; 17. Cherry-Evans 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Probably will but I don't think it should.

The salient point that NSW clings to when acknowledging their 7th series loss in a row last year, is that QLD only got over by the skin of our teeth .

IMO there needs to be a couple forward changes.......and the more the season goes on the more I am assured that GI will kill it for QLD at fullback and that Slater can still add his own touches from the wing.

Inglis has at the moment got attacking players so intimidated that the mere sight of him looming up on them as they make a break has them shitting themselves to the point that they lose control of the ball and voluntarily fall meekly to the ground.

He is fending off would be defenders at will ........would you kick the ball to him?

A weapon in attack and defence.

He will be wasted now going back out to the centres. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

I tend to agree re: Inglis at fullback. It has to be the potential to be a big mistake that NSW will capitalise on, although knowing NSW most likely not.

Realistically though, Slater will be fullback as long as Qld wins 
professional

professional

Not at prop though. Players 'deserve' to be in the team because they add something to it. Thaiday at prop adds nothing to the QLD team, in fact they'd be better off just leaving Scott or Shillington out there for longer rather than playing Thaiday in the front row.

You play Thaiday in the second row (on the right edge) where he belongs or not at all. 
alchemist

alchemist

i understand the argument about Inglis at fullback... but i think Inglis is a far better centre than Slater is a winger... so i think it makes sense to keep things as they have been during this run of victories by the Maroons 
Stolzy

Stolzy

i would be going with the following team

1.Slater (inglis makes a better centre then slater does a winger)
2.Boyd
3.Inglis
4.Hodges (if he is fit which to be honest, who knows)
5.Barba
6.Thurston
7.Cronk
8.Scott
9.Smith
10.Myles
11.Taylor
12.Thaiday
13.Parker

14.Harrison
15.Gillett
16.Hannett
17.Shillington 
JasonKohler

JasonKohler

1 Slater
2 Boyd
3 Inglis
4 Hodges
5 Gagai
6 Thurston
7 Cronk
8 Scott
9 Smith
10 Hannant
11 Thaiday
12 Myles
13 Harrison

14 Teo
15 Shillington
16 Taylor
17 Barba

bigbear

bigbear

jasonkohler i like the 17 you have gone for ,whether in those positions or not.Good idea introducing Gagai and barba., Our boys have been outstanding for QLD but it is time to introduce future players so when our boys retire we have the right players in place to fill the positions vacated.Teo off the bench good.Taylor hopefully will have his game and attitude in order and start fullfilling all the promise he offered a number of years ago.No doubt if he fails this year the chances of him getting another opportunity are very slim.Barba coming on when NSW forwards are a little tired.How good could that be. 
PeterPan

PeterPan

1 Slater (storm)
2 Boyd (Knights)
3 Inglis (Rabbits)
4 Hodges (Broncos)
5 Tate/ O'neil (cowboys/storm)
6 Thurston (Cowboys)
7 Cronk (Storm)
8 Scott (Cowboys)
9 Smith (Storm)
10 Thaiday (Broncos)
11 Teo (Rabbits)
12 Parker (Broncos)
13 Harrison (Titans)

14 Shillington (Raiders)
15 Hannant (Broncos)
16 Myles (Titans)
17 J Friend (Roosters 
bigbear

bigbear

Peterpan.Thaiday has to play second row and nate myles will start . This year is the right time for QLD to introduce some youth to the side.The likes of cherry -evans ,barba, gagai and mcqueen.So the batton change over can be very smooth when the older statesman of the side decide to retire from origin football. 
mav63

mav63

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith (C)
10. Shillington
12. Miles
11. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. DCE (tougher than Barba and just as electric)
15. McQueen
16. Lilyman
17. Kennedy 
Troydeboy

Troydeboy

1.Slater
2.Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Edrick Lee
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Martin Kennedy
11. Shillington
12. Thaiday
13. Myles

14. Hannant
15. Parker
16. Teo
17. Barba
18th. Neville Costigan 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
ALX21 - Law-Cobbo, Turnbull, Dixon, Nagas and Conway were the best for the Probables, while Renouf, Burns, Cox, Simpson, Trindall, Fifita and McC...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181