The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

NSW Team, Game 1 2013

cpr_89

cpr_89

he was referring to the other stewart 
nadyone

nadyone

Yeah I got that. Edited my previous post. 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

Mullen and Uate making statements tonight 
alchemist

alchemist

great kicking game from Mullen... very impressive... but as always when it comes to Mullen, do it consistently! 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Mullen always starts the year in fine form.
Inevitably he will cop an injury, be out for a while and come back looking like a different player.

Same old story. 
MrChook

MrChook

Andrew Fifita? Is he a NSWshman? He could be handy off the bench. He monstered the larger Kiwi forwards on the weekend.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is a bolter this year. 
professional

professional

Forgot to include Wade Graham in my extended squad. Probably not quite ready but his work down the left edge is great. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Would like to see Mullen play Origin again. I think he's one of the players that should be considered as an viable alternative to the current NSW halves, not the likes of Reynolds and Reynolds.

Speaking of the Reynolds boys, I just hope the hype over them is short lived because while they have some ability and whatever else they're not players that NSW can build a team around. Might have the potential to ruin NSWs planning because they are getting all the attention. 
alchemist

alchemist

i must say, he has surprised me just how well he has done in the back row 
buckmajor

buckmajor

The team selection for game 1 is a no-brainer. No need to change last years team except for Beau and Creagh. Losing by 1pt in the decider is better than losing the first 2 origin games.

TEAM LIST:
1.Brett Stewart/Michael Gordon(Great Goal kicker and consistent at the moment), 2.Jarryd Hayne, 3.Michael Jennings, 4.Josh Morris, 5.Brett Morris/Uate(In good form at the moment), 6.Todd Carney, 7.Mitchell Pearce(new team with the rooster has improved his game), 8.James Tamou, 9.Robbie Farah, 10.Tim Grant, 11.Greg Bird, 12.Luke Lewis, 13.Paul Gallen Interchange: Gidley(bolter), Anthony Watmough, Tony Williams, Hoffman/Idris/Glen Stewart. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Too bad Corey Norman's not a New South Welshman.
I can see him becoming a huge star in the next few years. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

even at parramatta ;) 
professional

professional

Nice bench there. Three second-rowers and a hooker. You'd make Ricky Stuart proud. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Only at Parramatta! 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

We could always use Uate as an extra prop. 
alchemist

alchemist

as always, subject to change

1. Hayne; 2. Gordon (gk); 3. Jennings (RC); 4. Morris, J.; 5. Morris, B.; 6. Carney; 7. Mullen; 8. Tamou; 9. Farah; 10. Woods; 11. Lewis; 12. Bird; 13. Gallen (c)... 14. Gidley; 15. Grant; 16. Watmough; 17. Williams, T. 
Ebi

Ebi

In all honesty would rather have Hoffman there instead of Williams-otherwise good team alchemist 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Apart from Tony Williams, I think you may be on to a winner there.
I like Mullen - always have - shame about his injury problems.

As for who I would put there instead of T-Rex well I'm not sure yet.
I honestly think senor's mention of Graham isn't all that bad, and I will have to see how Tariq Sims comes back from injury (also to see if Rexy can get out of his slump). Hoffman has done well in Melbourne but hasn't fared so well away from there.

I'll have to think about this one for a while. 
buckmajor

buckmajor

Oh really, maybe you didn't know how T-Rex was used as an extra rotating prop last year .....(come closer :hindy:) lol 
buckmajor

buckmajor

Always those die hard fans who can't even give an honest opinion or know nothing about T-Rex?? Did you even watch T-Rex games last year, test matches, and even this year, and how many players it would take to handle him?? He's hard to contain 1 on 1!! Always those typical fans who can't give an overall rating!! 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Tony Williams may not be in form or whatever but he is the type of player that NSW need to be encouraging. 
nadyone

nadyone

It all hinges on which Tony Williams turns up. The T-Rex of 2011, when he was in devastating form? Or, the T-Rex of 2012 when he was a passenger? 
alchemist

alchemist

i wanted a player to provide impact off the bench, that can break tackles, can play in the middle if need be, and Williams + Tariq Sims were the 2 that came to mind... but Sims is coming back from injury and since T-Rex played last year, i figured i'd be loyal 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

I'm not sure how Hayne, Stewart, Gordon and Uate are all going to fit. There is even pressure now for Merritt to be included. 
alchemist

alchemist

Stewart wouldn't let us down but i just think that it is better to have Hayne in his preferred position... he offers more offensively (although Stewart is better defensively) and provides us with another long kicking option

Gordon is a safe player, brings the ball back strongly and is a good goal kicker

Uate is awesome when running at pace, whether bringing the ball out or near the opponent's tryline... but he has question marks over his positioning and catching the high ball... not sure yet with him but it should be a toss up between him and Brett Morris for that other wing spot IMO 

Recent Rugby League Posts

seaeagles - nothing sensible to say ,you poor excuse for a human fastwater! get a brain & you will be dangerous!
ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181