The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Trial v Cowboys

cpr_89

cpr_89

St George Illawarra Dragons Head Coach Steve Price has today named a 25-man squad to travel to Cairns next week for a pre-season camp ahead of their opening trial match.
The Dragons depart Sydney on Monday, February 11 and spend the week in Cairns training, conducting coaching clinics and participating in promotional activities in the lead-up to their opening trial match against the North Queensland Cowboys at Barlow Park on Saturday, February 16.
Price admits that the travelling squad are all looking forward to the upcoming hit-out and sees it at as an ideal opportunity to see how far his players have developed so far this pre-season.

“The entire team is excited to be travelling up to Cairns next week after a very tough pre-season that has extended over nearly four months,” said Price.
“Cairns is a wonderful city and the squad is looking forward to getting out and about amongst the community as we know there is a large Dragons supporter base up there.
“We will have several days to acclimatise to the warm conditions expected to be on offer ahead of what will be a competitive trial game against the Cowboys.
“I know everyone that has been selected will be wanting to put their hand up and demonstrate what they are capable of and what they have taken with them from the pre-season.”
The Dragons will also be within the Cairns community in the lead-up to the match working with the local association to help promote the game of rugby league in the area.
Dragons players not travelling to Perth will be participating in NRL One Community Carnival and Dragons Community activities throughout the St George, Illawarra and South Coast regions alongside several Dragons Ambassadors.
The Dragons have today also announced the signing of Taioalo Junior Vaivai to a one-year contract that will see him join the Club until at least the end of 2013.
[h=4]Dragons Squad Travelling to Cairns:[/h]Gerard Beale
Matt Cooper
Ben Creagh (c)
Jack de Belin
Josh Drinkwater
Nathan Fien
Tyson Frizell
Bronx Goodwin
Bronson Harrison
Michael Henderson
Cameron King
Will Matthews
Trent Merrin
Brett Morris
Jason Nightingale
Matt Prior
Mitch Rein
Adam Quinlan
Charly Runciman
Todd Ryan
Jamie Soward
Chase Stanley
Jack Stockwell
Atelea Vea
Daniel Vidot

http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/Dragons-Squad-Heads-To-Cairns/68189 
kit

kit

Where's Hunt, Ah Mau and Weyman anyone know ? No injuries I hope.
Probably better to leave them at home, it's pretty humid up in Cairns and couldn't be a good place to be in the forwards. 
saints

saints

Test out the others. I'm not sure I'd put Weyman in just yet. 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

Glad to see them trialing other forwards anyway. I'm looking forward in reading how they played. No Cummings nor Green either. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

i can almost smell the NRL season :) 
saints

saints

Ahh, the liniment, the freshly cut grass, ... the hotdogs ... :) 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

The scandals, the controversies...:) 
novasaint

novasaint

The BS from DS 
saints

saints

The BS from DS on JS ... ;) 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

http://www.dragons.com.au/injury-update

Evander Cummins - Ankle - 2013
Nathan Fien - Neck - 2013
Nathan Green - Ankle - 2013
Chase Stanley - Shoulder - 2013
Kyle Stanley - Knee- 2014
Michael Weyman - ACL- 2013

Leaning towards caution i would say. more recovery time, lesser chance of re- aggravation 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

Explains it - many thanx. 
annav3

annav3

I might go and watch the Dogs v Cutters trial match on Saturday, will let you know what kind of depth you have :) 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

[h=1]Final training - Cowboys v Dragons trial[/h][CENTER] Today · http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151318042970662.470484.9098495661&type=1# http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/v2/y2/r/K0srxReVLKP.png · Taken at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Barlow-Park-Rugby-League-Cairns/172608336122052 Barlow Park Rugby League Cairns

JT ruled out for tonight's pre-season trial – revised Cowboys team: 1 Clint Greenshields, 2 Wayne Ulugia, 3 Antonio Winterstein, 4 Curtis Rona, 5 Kalifa Faifai Loa, 19 Robert Lui, 7 Michael Morgan, 8 Matthew Scott (c), 9 Scott Moore, 10 James Tamou, 11 Gavin Cooper, 12 Glenn Hall, 13 Dallas Johnson. Interchange: 14 Ray Thompson, 15 Kyle Feldt, 16 Tariq Sims, 17 Jason Taumalolo, 18 Ashton Sims, 20 Joel Riethmuller, 21 Scott Bolton, 22 Ricky Thorby.
[/CENTER] 
kit

kit

If you want to watch a live feed of tonight's trial in Cairns, this site is streaming it. You have to subscribe and it's $5.00 for the feed.
http://www.northernpride.com.au/ 
cpr_89

cpr_89

It's a quality stream, I strongly urge you to watch it.

Anyway, our lineup has been name

1 Beale
2 Morris
3 Stanley
4 Cooper
5 Nightingale
6 Soward
7 Fien
8 Prior
9 Rein
10 De Belin
11 Frizell
12 Creagh (c)
13 Merrin

Interchange:

14 Vidot
15 Harrison
16 Vea
17 King
19 Drinkwater
20 Ryan
21 Runciman
22 Goodwin
23 Henderson
24 Stockwell
25 Matthews
26 Quinlan 
cpr_89

cpr_89

dragons close to full strength to start with, Cowboys mainly second string backline but close to full strength pack.

Good quality football being played from both teams. Cowboys probably playing better.

Greenshields score first for the Cowboys against his former club. Morgan converts.

Cowboys lead 6-0 after 10 minutes. 
professional

professional

Odd that de Belin and Merrin have been named the way they are. They are pretty interchangeable but of the two I would have definitely regarded de Belin as the lock. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

1/4 time Cowboys score a try under the posts, off a Fai Fai Loa offload.

Morgan coverts to extend lead to 12-0 
cpr_89

cpr_89

A couple of crosskicks on the 5th tackle leads to a try to Stanley out wide.

Cowboys lead 12-4 
cpr_89

cpr_89

dragons spill the ball off the kickoff.

Cowboys score next set through Taumalolo, next to the posts

Cowboys lead 18-4 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Server down for me, maybe too many people trying to watch the game, may have to rely on twitter for updates! 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Cooper scores after a nice move to the left. Soward converts.

Cowboys lead 18-10 which is the half time score 
cpr_89

cpr_89

second half under way 
cpr_89

cpr_89

40/20 from Cameron King...very nice

edit: never mind, must've been very borderline, like 1m off either way. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

King makes a break from dummy half, great support play from Quinlan and Soward leads to a try to Soward.

Cowboys still lead 18-14, now they have kicked the ball off out on the full. Maybe a chance to attack yet again. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

boaa - CarrollTualaShibasakiTatapataAllanSatoLamOgradyWoolfPaikeaTararoSmithCotter
buckmajor - Thanks Steve, forgot to check back here lol.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Results Broncos: J.Nikorima 3 tries, 5 goals
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168