The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

The Vote - Bellamy ???

Stooge007

Stooge007

for me, there were definitely games that we could/should have won in 2012, like the golden point losses

we finished just outside the 8, but we were miles behind (in footy performances) than the rest of the 8 at that time

2013 will be tough, given the players we have lost to injury and other teams, and also the issue of trying to get Soward back in to form

i'd still take Bellamy in a heartbeat though 
saints

saints

Bloody hell - this thread has gone viral ... :lol: 
saints

saints

Not sure I like you giving DS the thread ownership though ... ;) 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Same can said the other way.

What if we invest time in Price and after 3-4 years he's still a dud? Meanwhile Bellamy has won another 1-2 premierships? Don't have time to piss fart around.

If Bellamy is available let's make a play for him. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Oh yeah .....cause it was all Craig Bellamy's fault. :rolls:

You probably had no problem when you were cheating with Goosnier ...........

Glass Houses. 
MadMike

MadMike

Agree that's what I thought 
cpr_89

cpr_89

That option isn't available. Bellamy is quoted as saying it's between two clubs, if we hadn't made such an early play this discussion would have already been moot. 
saints

saints

AND - there is an "other" option. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

You are saying Bellamy had no idea what was going on. Have another fourex will you.

Cheating with Gaz. How were we cheating, i'd love to hear this one. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

assume he's referring to the back ended deal (which never eventuated since he retired) 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

:lol::lol::lol: 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

2 to 1 in favour of Bellamy atm 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Not saying that the big chinned wanker was worth any more, but.......50K for 2010?

come on. :lol: 
saints

saints

Sounds OK to me ... ;) 
Maximus89

Maximus89

If he was on 50k, yes that would be ridiculous. The issue for you and the rest of the morons who come out with the same bullshit is that he was on more than double that.

While we are at it, Lockyer on 250k? Come on. :lol: 
stanleyg

stanleyg

all I can say is I cant wait till 2013 kicks off. Quint must be thankful Parra signed Ricky or they would have been falling over themselves to sign Bellamy as he could have solved their signing Folau and fitting him under the salary cap issue. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

It's been well documented that Brisbane players will stay at Brisbane for less. It's the Brisbane lifestyle ....the loyalty to their mates .......the pleasure that comes from being part of such a professional and successful organization is to some, worth so much more than mere dollars and cents.

On top of that......Lockyer was topped up by NRL concessions for veteran one club players and marquee signings. So your 250K is way out of whack.

Would there have been any NRL concessions for the mercenary likes of Le Gaz ........no, why would the NRL give concessions to the money hungry grub who sold out his friends to go and play yawnion. Your club struggled to even find him 3rd party deals because no-one wanted a bar of him. The fact is St Merge found a loop hole in the salary cap and said we'll give him 50K now and then we'll top that up next year .......knowing full well that Goosnier wasn't going to be anywhere near the dragons team in 2011.

It may have not been cheating "per se" ......but it was certainly against the spirit of the game.

To have certain Merge supporters claiming that if Craig Bellamy comes to our club now he will in some way taint the great reputation the Dragqueens have is a joke.

With the innuendo surrounding both, Craig Bellamy and the Merge are in some ways the perfect fit. 
kit

kit

You want a perfect fit try Broncos and their fans on high horses. Or another, try the English brand of condoms called Fourex. Are you feeling used ?

Broncos owe their success to being in a one team city ( virtually a one team State for a period ) and their existence to NSW letting them come and play with the big boys. Keep that in mind next time you're feeling all high and mighty.

I don't care about Bellamy's "baggage". Storm got caught and were punished to most reasonable people's satisfaction. It's unlikely he'll get involved with anything like that again so I have no problem with him coaching Saints or anyone else. But to compare what happened at the Storm with the handling by Saints of Gasnier's contract is just ridiculous and could only come from someone with a grudge or an unhealthy dislike of the Dragons. 
saints4me

saints4me

"It's been well documented that Brisbane players will stay at Brisbane for less. It's the Brisbane lifestyle ....the loyalty to their mates .......the pleasure that comes from being part of such a professional and successful organization is to some, worth so much more than mere dollars and cents."

Good grief..............What's the earth look like from the planet you're on?? What a load of dribble!
Loyalty doesn't pay the bills pal. Ask any footballer in from the 50's through to the 80's the same question. That's why many of these guys mostly have nothing
now 'cause they played for nothing. I personally know one Australian International RL player (and I wouldn't dare mention his name) who is virtually broke
cause he made a pittance playing 1st grade; Early state of origin and later for Australia. Want to know his opinion on your statement above?? 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Much better fit than Hook and the Donks. Have another cry :tears::tears: 
kit

kit

I don't know where all this loyalty bs comes from anyway, these are elite sportsmen we're talking about not Aussie Diggers or the like. Not only that but they're playing in a pretty low paid sport as well even though it's a world class elite sport - probably one of the lowest paid for the the top players. Why wouldn't they go looking for a better deal ? Anyway it's not like they're all doing it, it's just a handful of players, so what. Life goes on. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

:lol::lol: .........precious Merge fans come out to play.

I can't see Bellamy coming to you lot anyway. After the shameful way you're treating your coach of ONE SEASON,

be lucky if anyone would want to coach a bunch of back stabbing, disloyal and fair weathered pea hearts like you. 
kit

kit

What back stabbing ? What disloyalty ?
Maybe you're thinking of Wally Lewis or something. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

You forgot to mention the Thouraghbreds providing third party payments and jobs for family members and players parteners. Lockyer was on 250K on the cap and around 750K third party payments. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Or that Gaz signed for less than half a season and the Nrl rejected the proposed 50k and instead was reported to have been 120k.

Or indeed consider who else was he going to sign with? 

Recent Rugby League Posts

seaeagles - nothing sensible to say ,you poor excuse for a human fastwater! get a brain & you will be dangerous!
ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181