Team for 2013

SaintAnger

SaintAnger

1. Beale
2. Bmoz
3. Vidot / Jennings :)
4. Cooper
5. Nightingale

Just not a fan of using either of our gun wingers at FB if we don't have to.

6. Soward
7. Drinkwater

Assuming Style ain't up to starting the season. Throw the young bloke in. Sink or swim ;) If not, give King a chance at 7.

8. Hunt
9. Rein
10. Weyman
11. Merrin
12. Creagh
13. De Belin

Packs picks itself IMO.

Subs:

Mathews
Frizell
Ah Mau
Stanley
Goodwin
Fien
Marketo
Stockwell
Prior

Yay or Nay? 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Sorry SA, been meaning to start this thread for a while, since you've brought it up may as well become a thread :lol: 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

yep probably better suited to a thread of its own 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

My side would be.
1 B Morris
2 Nightingale
3 Chase
4 Coops
5 Cummings or Green
6 Kyle
7 Fien or Drinkwater
13 Creagh
12 DeBelin
11 Vidot
10 Merrin
9 Rein
8 Weyman
14 Frizzell
15 Hunt
16 King
17 Stockwell
18 Mathews
19 AhMau
20 Marketo
21 Prior
22 Green
22 Beale
23 Goodwin 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

DS, Soward is missing off your list? 
cpr_89

cpr_89

If it was up to me, it would be something like this.

1. Beale
2. Nightingale
3. CStanley
4. Cooper
5. Morris
6. Soward
7. KStanley/Fien
8. Weyman
9. King
10. Merrin
11. Matthews
12. Creagh
13. Prior

14. Rein
15. Hunt
16. De Belin
17. Frizell

Others: Fien, Vidot, Green, Drinkwater, Stockwell, Ah Mau, Miller, Cummins

Only considered the players who have a contract with us next year...

* Beale at fullback, been done to death.

* Fien 's role mainly backup, especially for Kyle if he can't start the season.

* King could provide a lot more skill and creativity to the hooker position. Could probably play in the halves but I don't know if he'll be as effective. Rein might have something to say about that, the competition for that spot should be awesome. Either way King has to be in the 17.

* Not sure what to make of Vidot, thought he was going to play centre this year but never did. Could move to backrow, who knows...

* I think someone else mentioned that Matthews' impact towards the back end of the season, I like him a lot, he's a better attacking player on the right than Scott with more impact and a good offload. Not the same defender but we need that skill out that way.

Marketo still hasn't re-signed along with a host of others. Runciman will probably stay in Toyota Cup. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Beale isn't here to be a backup, otherwise he would've just stayed at the Broncos 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

He came here to play center or fullback a position that could not be guaranteed at the broncos. 
saints

saints

Team will be similar. Beale will be FB. Style will start as HB. Matthews will be in the 17.

King is a wild card. As is ... "***". 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

ooh so SJ is playing ;) 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

There was an artical in today's or yesterday's paper saying that Rein would be the next hooker for NSW after Farrah finishes. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

ffs Fein at 7...???

*facepalm* 
rkelle

rkelle

The Kiwis won the 2008 world cup with Fien at halfback. 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

It maybe too early to bring in D'water and while Style is on rehab then Fein is the best option imo. Its no worse than Hornby at Half since Fein brings in plenty of experience and has played in this position at the top levels. I'd be keen to trial D'water later, before 2014 if everything progresses well for him in NSW Cup. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

That's mainly because NSW has no hookers coming through. Speaking of which it was only a little over a year ago that Stuart picked King in the emerging NSW team. 
CapedFan

CapedFan

Can we give you guys Hoffman for Beale back? Maybe swap Sowie for Norman? 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

I would love to offload Soward and Beale back to you guys, but Hoffman and Norman would not be on my shopping list. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

I am not knocking King, but I do think Rein is very good and could possible be our future captain. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Just giving background, I get the feeling that people don't realise King's ability. King was considered a better player than Rein who came through at the same time but injuries gave Rein a chance and he took it.

The other reason I bring it up is because we're relying on some younger players establishing themselves (more so) to improve out ladder position. Some we've seen, others like Kyle and King we've barely scratched the surface with.

Anyway there's room for both in the team. 
saints

saints

Yes - King and Rein will be a dynamic duo IMO. I see Style in the halves.

D'water is a funny buy - unless we have certain plans in place. As is 2 years. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

4 years ago, champ.

If you think a 33 year old is the answer to our halfback woes then more power to ya. :I 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Drinkwater will do his 2 year apprenticeship under the guidance and tutorlidge of JT :D 
saints

saints

Yes - I feel Fien was fine back then, but nearing the end. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Fien has just retired from international football...

He's obviously not a long term choice but is still an alright short term option. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

next year could see another host of retirees I reckon. Depends if their form improves next season or have a injury free year 

Recent Rugby League Posts

TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
ALX21 - Law-Cobbo, Turnbull, Dixon, Nagas and Conway were the best for the Probables, while Renouf, Burns, Cox, Simpson, Trindall, Fifita and McC...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181