Team for 2013

SaintAnger

SaintAnger

1. Beale
2. Bmoz
3. Vidot / Jennings :)
4. Cooper
5. Nightingale

Just not a fan of using either of our gun wingers at FB if we don't have to.

6. Soward
7. Drinkwater

Assuming Style ain't up to starting the season. Throw the young bloke in. Sink or swim ;) If not, give King a chance at 7.

8. Hunt
9. Rein
10. Weyman
11. Merrin
12. Creagh
13. De Belin

Packs picks itself IMO.

Subs:

Mathews
Frizell
Ah Mau
Stanley
Goodwin
Fien
Marketo
Stockwell
Prior

Yay or Nay? 
View all 243 comments
saints

saints

Have a little faith boy !

Servo fidem ! 
cpr_89

cpr_89

We're one of those teams that could finish in a range of spots like say 5-13th, depending on how players develop and our luck with injuries. 
saints

saints

We can also finish in the top 4.

A little faith, commitment, confidence, and lack of injury. Footie's a simple game and funny things happen.

I'm looking forward to at least the 8. 
professional

professional

I'm jumping off the Saints bandwagon too. They aren't likely to make the 8 at all. They have a lot of good stuff going for them but they also have some gaping holes in their line-up. Now off to join Devout ... 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Top 4 ? It's one thing to be supportive, it's another to be completely delusional.

We will do similar to last imo, might jag 8th if things go with us, but more than likely miss out. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Just about everything would have to go our way for Top 4 to occur, probably too unrealistic at this stage. 
saints

saints

Well - you can all jump on the Bandwagon at a fitting time ... :lol: 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Halves will be the biggest problem this year, depth is very thin here with Kyle going down. 
stanleyg

stanleyg

unless we lose our first four games the dragons have as much chance as those clubs that have spent a motza to buy a premiership winning side 
Stooge007

Stooge007

i wasn't saying i won't be supporting the Dragons 110% this year, because i will

i was just saying that i think bottom of the 8 or worse is where we might end up this year

obviously i'd be over the moon if we did better

top 4 side? you're having a laugh (imo) 
saints

saints

Now, now, we'll see about that - don't you worry, no, no. We'll see who's having the last chuckle in October. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

If we're still playing in October it will be a miracle, and Act of God type scenario. 
saints

saints

Everyone's welcome Senor ! 
kit

kit

Last year we were a top 8 side defensively but our attack was the worst in the comp - making 9th was close to a miracle.
This year anything could happen frankly. Our defence could weaken with the loss of Hornby, Young and Scott but I'm hoping it stays roughly the same. From there it's basically up or down, up if our attack improves or down if it doesn't. Our forward pack is the equal of any in the comp, that's one thing going for us.
I'm reasonably optimistic. Tough start to the season for us though so we'll know soon enough where we're at. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

on paper, we have a good looking side

out on the field is a different story 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

I guess I am happy with the side for 2013 apart from the half and also both centre positions. Our pack is looking good in all positions and will only get better with experience for season 2014/15. I'm very happy with our backline but I really worry about our strike power at 3 and 4 with an ageing Cooper and Stanley who has yet to find any real form. I hope they trial others at centre sooner than later. We will need Fein at half to start with, to guide us around until Soward can display return to form, imo, if so we may then see them trial Drinkwater. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

We should be stronger in attack at fullback, hooker and backrow as well which will help the centres.

As far as centre options go we will have more options than last year.

Cooper and Stanley were battling injuries all season, that's not the case this time around. Vidot use to play centre in the 20s and he will be in the mix as well. Then there's Green moving up from the 20s. Then there's Runciman also in the 20s who the club rate highly (realistically a year or two off).

Not the most established except for Cooper, but there's potential there.

Soward/Fien will be the halves to start with but I'd expect drinkwater to get a chance at some stage. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

I believe we'll greatly be better across the field with attack. We've filled a position at fullback that was held by guys who were trying there best to play out of position. My opinion is that Beale will do a wonderful job. maybe start slow but bring a great need to attack to us.

I've said it before but i have a inkling that Quinlan is coming and we are in for some excitement with what comes along.

It's going to be at the sacrifice of a injury if this occurs. But when this happens, look out. He'll start very nervous and he'll travel the path of Barba, written off but then becomes a superstar.

The Beale factor can be all the difference. He alone may not be all that but linked with 2 magical wingers and a halves pairings can equate to some freaky combo in the mix. Even a linking to Creagh or the centres can give dozens of something we've not had since 2010.

There fitter and if Weyman returns on his game we can have some go forward with assistance from Runciman, Merrin, Hunt, Henderson and Harrison.

We are a totally different forwards team this year.

Any 2012 thoughts should be thrown away with our forward pack. Totally different structure there.

Any 2012 thoughts of our halves are never to be reflected. 50% has gone.

So i suggest you get out of the gutter, the corner, or the closet or whatever slump your lying in with this team. We are The Dragons. I support this team and have faith that this year will be an improvement from the last. That was then, i look forward to now.

We are coming out a new side in 2013 baby!

Go you Dragons.. 
aakeates

aakeates

Cummins may get a start before Quinlan, and if Fien gets injured, and Drinkwater plays, Fien may not get another look in. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

Fien is too inconsistent these days

he has good games here and there, but serves up real pus other times 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

yep no chance Fien will last all season at 7

He should be battling for a bench spot with King tbh 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Love your Optimism MS... Most of us are optimistic for 2013 :) 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Not even. He should only be considered for the halves. 
kit

kit

Fien's OK and we're going to need his experience. I thought he played well in the halves when he played in that position last year, he's also great in big games. Soward's the one who needs to step up or move on. 
kit

kit

Questions - Did Evander Cummins get a run in the trials ? I didn't see him if he did. If not why not ?
Will he get a run in the top side this year, after all he's been added to the 1sts squad ?
I keep hearing how good he is and how he made the NYC team of the year, when do we get to see him in action ? 
jako58au1

jako58au1

Apparrently Cummins is still recovering fom injury,but the way things are going we need him quick & so does the NRL 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

DavidHatch - Was on last Sunday. Weir SS defeated Cairns West SS in Final. Not sure where Weir go next.
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168