The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Steve Price - Coach of the Dragons !

saints

saints

I thought we were bound to need a thread to comment on Steve so this is it.

NRL Head Coach
http://img.nrl.sportal.com.au/site/_content/image/00015812-image.jpg

Name: Steve Price

Date of Birth: 05/09/1977

Appointed Position: 2012

Previous Appointments: St George Illawarra Dragons Jersey Flegg Assistant Coach (2002); St George Illawarra Dragons Premier League Assistant Coach (2003); St George Illawarra Dragons Jersey Flegg Coach (2004-05); St George Illawarra Dragons Premier League Coach (2006-07), St George Illawarra Dragons NYC Coach (2008-09); St George Illawarra Dragons Assistant Coach (2010-11).

Playing Record: St George Dragons (1996-98); Balmain Tigers (1999-2000). 
View all 175 comments
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

So I would like to know what rating you would give to Halser, Maguire, Bellamy, Bennett, Smith and Kearny. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Nothing to do with my point. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

can't we give him a lil repreive due to the fact we were missing our best forward for most of this season? 
saints

saints

Too true M. We lost our star signing at FB before the season started. We lost Mick W early on. Beau has been missing for some time and Coops has been in and out all season. Both Stanleys have been a problem. Young has also missed games. Fien is another one. Sowie's had his back problems. A few other forwards have had injury and Matty P went missing for 5 (?) weeks with suspension. King also had issues.

All in all - a very bad season for injury. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

If you guys are allowed to use injuries as an excuse then so are we. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

As i said, there are alot more factor i weighed in when i made my final decision. 
stanleyg

stanleyg

you can use any excuse you want to justify your magnificent taking of the spoon. At least you have something for the trophy cabinet:popcorn: 
saints

saints

Yep - its one thing we don't have ! 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

For the Trophy Cabinet?

Wouldn't it be in the kitchen of the leagues club? 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

when did ST george get a spoon? 40s was it?

I know Illawarra had some in the 80s 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

It's being sent straight to Steve Kearney's house. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

send it to sandow because of his "defence" he has earned it ;) 
saints

saints

That spoon certainly is good for stirring ... ;) 
saints

saints

Well - you can't please everyone I guess ... ;) 
saints

saints

Steve's on a hiding to nothing. Apparently first cab off the rank re the bookies and coach's being fired. He wasn't given the players Benny had but is expected to perform like Benny.

All he needs is one top back and one top forward IMO. BUT - he may well be the big surprise of 2013. 
saints

saints

STEVE PRICE could well be remembered as the meat in the sandwich provided by two of the greatest coaches in league history.

Having begun his coaching tenure as the heir to the greatest coach in the history of the game, Price's fate rests in the hands of the man many consider the most brilliant man-manager of the modern era.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/high-heir-pressure-but-price-feels-right-20130119-2czzv.html#ixzz2IY4CjvQ8 
saints

saints

Embattled St George Illawarra coach Steve Price has the full support of the NRL club's playing group and should be re-signed by the Dragons, according to newly-minted captain Ben Creagh.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/st-george-illawarra-skipper-ben-creagh-says-dragons-should-re-sign-coach-steve-price/story-fn2mcuj6-1226560324475#ixzz2Ipv7DphI 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

:lol: 
professional

professional

:errr: okay. 
AspleyOwl

AspleyOwl

Dragons will now focus on JT if they cant get the coach they will try to get the player.
Steve Price needs to shake things up this year remove himself from Bennetts structures and try his own brand. Show something as his career will be very short at the top. 
saints

saints

I agree - its a disgrace. They sold off half the stars, then retired a few, then bought no-one of consequence - NOW blame Steve for the 2012 result !!

He should be given till Round 20 at least to make his play. This year he has a team that can play ! Give the bugger a chance.

Blaming him for 2012 sounds like Doust trying to shift the blame ... again ... ;) 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Price doesn't deserve the criticism he gets but he also doesn't deserve amnesty either...he made mistakes too which cost us. 
saints

saints

Agreed - but he lost about 10 or 12 top level guys and had an ageing squad. Even Saint Benny might falter with this handicap ... :) 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

I blame SJ ;) 
saints

saints

St George Illawarra Dragons Head Coach Steve Price is confident his team are ready to face the challenges that lie ahead when the face the Melbourne Storm at AAMI Park, Melbourne on Sunday.

Price named a travelling 18-man squad for the trip south of the state line and discussed the competition for places amongst the playing group, which he believes will benefit the club over the course of the new campaign.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/Price-All-Systems-Go-For-Melbourne/69328 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
ALX21 - Law-Cobbo, Turnbull, Dixon, Nagas and Conway were the best for the Probables, while Renouf, Burns, Cox, Simpson, Trindall, Fifita and McC...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181