The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 2- Dragons (H) v Broncos

professional

professional

Not quality ones. You can't just combine a whole bunch of your mediocre players into one good centre or fullback. Fullback in particular is a position where you need something and you certainly don't have "plenty" of fullbacks (who are FG quality). You either need Beale to stop playing like a muppet or find a good replacement, Dugan would be an obvious choice for the latter. 
saints

saints

Bloody hell - he's played 2 games ! Give him a chance. 
professional

professional

No. He's played 60+ FG games and shown himself to be barely up to the standard required to play in the NRL. He played ~10 games at fullback for Brisbane in 2011 and looked utterly hopeless (no surprise that Brisbane fans weren't upset to see him go) and has filled in at fullback for New Zealand on another occasion and looked poor. There is nothing about his play at fullback so far in his career that has been impressive.

I'm not judging Beale based soley on his play at the Dragons. His poor play in the first two games and the one trial game I watched only confirms what I already thought of him. 
kit

kit

If we buy Dugan I doubt very much they would play him at fb and move their star signing Beale elsewhere. Dugan isn't a centre, Beale isn't a centre and our problem at the moment isn't our centres. Our problem is the lack of a quality half - that should be our No.1 priority at the moment. Buying Dugan isn't going to fix our problems in attack. I don't know how much cash we have under the cap but I would have thought going after a half would be a better idea than a hot and cold problem child fullback. 
knitey

knitey

You forgot injury prone. 
professional

professional

No NRL club should ever be calling Gerard Beale a "star signing". 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

This +1 to the power of 10 
cpr_89

cpr_89

He would've been seen as a player with some ability that we can improve, time will tell on that one.

So much hate here Senor...I get that you don't rate Beale but it's almost like a DS like crusade. 
Morkel

Morkel

Beale left the Broncos because he wanted to play either centre or fullback. Pretty sure most of his younger days were at centre, same with when he's played for NZ. IMO, Dugan to fullback and Beale to right centre would be the strongest line-up, freeing Stanley up for some time in the halves (maybe off the bench. Drinkwater, if fit, still my preference though). 
professional

professional

I usually try to spread my hatred across a couple of players but there isn't any discussion of Minichiello, Watmough or Issac Luke going on right now ... so Beale is copping the brunt of it. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Do you actually recall him ever doing anything worthwhile at Brisbane? Just because we sign him doesn't make him a marquee.

and 600K for Dugan is ludicrous stuff inmates running the asylum 
professional

professional

Rewriting history? Like when Sims was playing really well for the Broncos in 2008 and 2009?

Beale looked bad for the Broncos in 2011. Some people might have been calling for him to stay at fullback but people are always saying odd things. As a famous philospher once said, 'People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people'. 
saints

saints

Hang on - why is it we never see both Senor and DS in the same room .... ;) 
professional

professional

Chase Stanley? He is a centre or a second rower. Unless you mean Kyle and he is gone for the year. 
saints

saints

Was that the younger one playing the other night - in the 20s ? 
Morkel

Morkel

I just assumed that they were twins and therefore download each others' memories and skill sets at night, making them interchangeable. Rumour has it that they are in fact clones of an Alpha Stanley, who will later be known as Jango Fett. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Chase is two years older than Kyle.

Their younger brother Jamie plays in the 20s. I believe he is a backrower or centre much like Chase. 
Morkel

Morkel

So Jamie is a newer-generation clone hey? Maybe this one has an upgraded injury-prevention patch. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Yeah but he's not rated as highly as his brothers but if he can stay injury free that might be a plus! 
Morkel

Morkel

Maybe in an effort to prevent the Bung Knee glitch they've replaced his knee ligaments with stronger but bulkier steel cable. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Drinkwater has tweeted he will be available for next round.

To be honest I don't think he's ready yet, when he played for the Cutters there wasn't much there to suggest he might be better than Fien at this stage. 
kit

kit

I was being sarcastic. 
professional

professional

I'm keeping my eye on you, you're a troublemaker. 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

Well at least that's some good news for us. Before he left the field, he did take on the line a few times, threw some good passes and stood up in defence. Can't say that he's the playmaker we desperately need however perhaps he's the spark that's needed. Whadyathink? 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

if we don't use drinkwater does that mean we are cursed with a misfiring and apathetic halves combination and structure. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.
qldr80 - Also in regards to the girl on the DD team, I have seen her play at club level and I can tell you she definitely holds her own. Was a sha...
Morrisonmen - Does anyone happen to have filmed the final of the Under 10's Gordan Tallis Cup in Townsville between Wests (brisbane) and Sarina?

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168