The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 2- Dragons (H) v Broncos

southsport

southsport

I think the dragons are just in a re-building phase and you blokes will have to put up with it for a little while. 
stanleyg

stanleyg

at least another 3 games before they gel enough to earn a win.
Last nights effort appeared to be an improvement on the storm game.
Our defence was much better in the first half probably because they didnt have to do much.
The dragons attack is so predictable it rarely challenges the opposition.
The fien experiment at half is a failure and we need a genuine half back. Either that or move soward to half so he can use the ball and find a 5/8th.
The only time cooper looked like offloading a pass was when he dropped the ball near the broncos line. He should be using his experience to set up younger players.
Merrin as dragons best player. He took the ball up and got a few nice offloads away.
Whilst I hope the dragons arent inline for that spoon knitey so kindly showed us (never having had one) I admit to turning the game off at the 70th minute mark.
way to many errors and missed tackles to get enthused about the dragons effort 
knitey

knitey

Just teasing Stanley, nothing personal. 
southsport

southsport

Sometimes when the team we support is not playing well, we just have to call it as it is. 
kit

kit

Scary thing is the stats for that , like in the Melb game, aren't that bad at all with just 8 errors, 32 / 40 completions and missed tackles a little high at 30. Add 1540 metres gained and on paper we look more than competitive. It's our attack, lack of confidence and right side that will see us finish bottom of the table. Well, that and a lousy coach. Our attack is being run by 3 hookers and it shows. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Haven't been this disappointed in the team for a long time. I didn't expect us to do much this year but we are already looking like spoon contenders. May post some thoughts later.

Anyway, the Cutters are on Foxsports (maybe FS1, not sure which one) live at 1pm for those interested 
Maximus89

Maximus89

We can't start re-building while Fien is in the team. He would have to be one of the worst players in the comp. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

maybe I am being facetious but the entire cutters team should be promoted based on last nights effort they can't go worse can they? 
stanleyg

stanleyg

Its the simple errors and basic missed tackles that irk me. didnt even mention the stupid and senseless actions/errors like pushing a marker away to incur a penalty instead of a try or forward passes that they are getting paid a lot of money to pass the ball backwards.
Our attack what there is of it as i said is just to predictable.
Maybe instead of just taking himself to see the cutters games Pricey should take the dragons NRL team to watch. They may not win but you can be sure they will at least try a few different moves in attack with Mcgregor coaching them. 
Morkel

Morkel

My two cents. Your attack is horrid. Only halfback retires, older one (not even a proper HB) replaces him. Get Drinkwater in and give him a go, won't hurt. Forwards were really good. Merrin a machine. Field position good, Soward earned how many dropouts? Even the tries conceded weren't as bad as they looked. The late ones were only because the Broncos looked spent, defence was up, but a runner stormed forward and put defence on the back foot. Can't stop tries while running backwards. 
professional

professional

I don't think Fien looked that bad last night. He got better as the game went on and certainly played better than Soward. The fact that he played very flat and fast at first receiver (much like Noddy used to) actually looked good and worked a lot better than Soward's crabbing across the field. The issue with Fien is that he provided no direction for the team (all that side-to-side shit) and he just doesn't fit well with Soward. The Dragons need a genuinely creative player and neither Fien or Soward really fit that bill.

They don't gel together and Price really needs to look at bringing in a creative player into the halves. 
Morkel

Morkel

* old halfback retires.

Drinkwater the answer IMO. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

For those wondering, de Belin is serving a two week suspension for a tackle he made in NSW Cup. He was also crap in the trials and didn't deserve a place in the top team anyway. 
professional

professional

tbh Fien is a proper halfback. He might not be as good as he was when he was playing Tests for the Kiwis but he is still a decent halfback. His problem is that he just doesn't fit well with Soward. 
Morkel

Morkel

Soward ran to the line looking to suck in defenders, which is when he plays best, but I agree, creative ball-player to complement Sowards running game. 
rumackay

rumackay

Drinkwater with a shoulder concern during today's game? Any updates? Hope it's not too serious or we might have to put up with Fein for a while longer yet :D 
saints

saints

Well ... what to say, what to say.

Some bad luck, some bad choices, some bad play. BUT, most of all - the lack of a playmaker shone out.

We could have won the game by 20 with a playmaker. Benny C is a great player - but doesn't call the shots.

We had umpteen chances to win and blew almost all. Fien - a bench replacement for hooker - is not a half. Sowie tried hard but got little if any support. His 40/20 was superb. Coops, sadly, is too slow. Chase runs sideways too much. I'd replace all 3. Green must be in the team - regardless of how he goes.

BMozz is our main strike weapon - yet we wouldn't give him the ball - and used Flo as the man to come in.

I liked the look of Beale again and thought the forwards were OK. Hunt needs a good boot up the bum. Matty P tried hard.

Good win in the Unders.

Time to get out the cheque book ! 
professional

professional

The biggest thing that irritated me about Soward's performance last night was that he still struggles when the outside defenders rush up (kind of like a really aggressive umbrella defence). Teams started doing that to him in the 2010 finals with a fair bit of success and it is still working 2 years later. He could have unlocked Brisbane's left edge defence a couple of times when they rushed up but he didn't move the ball on quick enough or look to run any plays back on the inside.

He needs to pull his finger out and start taking on the line regulalry. 
woodies

woodies

Dugan can play 5/8 if they sign him. 
Lewis06

Lewis06

:eek:..:scratch: 
MrFourex

MrFourex

.....:) 
professional

professional

His ball-playing and vision as a fullback is ordinary. Dugan would be dreadful as a five-eight.

Beale was bad once again. He is barely FG standard. 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

I'm out on a limb here but somehow I feel that negative remarks about Prices' performance may not be fair or precise. Just think for a moment, he was handed a team that's lost many of its experienced players, its long term captain, has no playmaker(s) nor decent half back/centre(s). The club has not recruited well for him and had chased a replacement coach well before the season commenced. Imo, no coach even a Bennett could look good with our current side. Lets face it we don't have anybody available to lead the team in the half's. 
Lewis06

Lewis06

Errors would be through the roof. 
Lewis06

Lewis06

They need to get rid of some of their former origin failures, Weyman, Cooper, and Creagh. All they are doing is tying up the salary cap until they retire. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181