The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 2- Dragons (H) v Broncos

cpr_89

cpr_89

Unchanged lineup guys. Stanley to be monitored during the week.

1. Gerard Beale
2. Brett Morris
3. Chase Stanley
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Jamie Soward
7. Nathan Fien
8. Dan Hunt
9. Mitch Rein
10. Michael Weyman
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Ben Creagh (c)
13. Trent Merrin

14. Bronson Harrison
15. Leeson Ah Mau
16. Matt Prior
17. Cameron King
19. Jack Stockwell 
View all 187 comments
professional

professional

Rewriting history? Like when Sims was playing really well for the Broncos in 2008 and 2009?

Beale looked bad for the Broncos in 2011. Some people might have been calling for him to stay at fullback but people are always saying odd things. As a famous philospher once said, 'People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people'. 
saints

saints

Hang on - why is it we never see both Senor and DS in the same room .... ;) 
professional

professional

Chase Stanley? He is a centre or a second rower. Unless you mean Kyle and he is gone for the year. 
saints

saints

Was that the younger one playing the other night - in the 20s ? 
Morkel

Morkel

I just assumed that they were twins and therefore download each others' memories and skill sets at night, making them interchangeable. Rumour has it that they are in fact clones of an Alpha Stanley, who will later be known as Jango Fett. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Chase is two years older than Kyle.

Their younger brother Jamie plays in the 20s. I believe he is a backrower or centre much like Chase. 
Morkel

Morkel

So Jamie is a newer-generation clone hey? Maybe this one has an upgraded injury-prevention patch. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Yeah but he's not rated as highly as his brothers but if he can stay injury free that might be a plus! 
Morkel

Morkel

Maybe in an effort to prevent the Bung Knee glitch they've replaced his knee ligaments with stronger but bulkier steel cable. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Drinkwater has tweeted he will be available for next round.

To be honest I don't think he's ready yet, when he played for the Cutters there wasn't much there to suggest he might be better than Fien at this stage. 
kit

kit

I was being sarcastic. 
professional

professional

I'm keeping my eye on you, you're a troublemaker. 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

Well at least that's some good news for us. Before he left the field, he did take on the line a few times, threw some good passes and stood up in defence. Can't say that he's the playmaker we desperately need however perhaps he's the spark that's needed. Whadyathink? 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

if we don't use drinkwater does that mean we are cursed with a misfiring and apathetic halves combination and structure. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

To be honest, I was more interested in Kennedy who was a former U20s player of ours. Drinkwater probably should've done more to impose himself into the game. When he did, he tried a few things but was a bit erratic. It would be very optimistic to think he would be close to first grade tbh. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

So basically we've bought a Toyota Cup player on a 2 year contract to play Cutters? 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

which is the higher quality lower grade? Toyota Cup or the division the cutters are in? 
cpr_89

cpr_89

I think Drinkwater was always seen as a depth option. Cherry-Evans wasn't first choice for Manly at the same age/stage of his career either and played in QLD Cup first, you might say he was probably better for that experience.

Drinkwater might've been someone that could play first grade at some stage of his contract, just well not for a while.

We expect more because our depth is screwed right now but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to throw him in at this stage.

Anyway that Cutters game is the only game I have seen for more than say 15 minutes and it's only my opinion. He set up a lot of linebreaks and tries in an otherwise weak Toyota Cup outfit, that has got to count for something. Rest comes down to development. 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

Fair call. 
kit

kit

Drinkwater is almost 22 isn't he ? Get him on the bench, give him a run. Like I've already said, we are not contenders this year so might as well break in some young fellas like Drinkwater, Stockwell and Quinlan. Not overnight but at least give them a shot see how they handle it. All three put in fairly solid efforts in the trials.
I seem to recall that back in the 70's and 80's (and probably before that ) we had quite a few players hitting firsts in their teens - 18 and 19 anyway, that doesn't seem to happen much anymore. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

Well said. I agree whole heartedly. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

No chase is the center, Kyle is the 5/8, who has only played one game and 6 minutes at 5/8 in first grade. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Yet he's considered by most to be the messiah *facepalm* 
saints

saints

:lol: :lol: :lol: 
stanleyg

stanleyg

Things are looking up for the Dragons season .
Since the Broncos match and being dead last on the ladder over the weekend without playing a game we have now moved into second last spot on the ladder.:yay:.
Of course the Raiders will be itching to play us so they can swap places. 
saints

saints

Here we go, here we go, here we go .... :lol: 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

isaiah - George fai came off the bench in the big nyc win v the ladder leaders and made some impact in attack and defence
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS 46 def St Pats Gympie 4. They will play Weir SS sometime in the next fortnight.
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181