The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Rnd 3 - Raiders v Dragons

Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Why would there changes, so far this season only changes being made are from injuries not out of form players being dropped. Be nice to be a dragons player knowing no matter how badly you play you are safe in the top grade squad :lol: 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Penalties cost us. We gave away stupid ones and this caught us up in the 2nd half with the massive defence they done early on.

Hunt was very regimented with Bennett and he is slipping back to his old days where he was good for a couple of stupid penalties.

I was watching the game from a comment someone said last week. There wasn't 1 angle run. There was only a couple of short passes and double pump plays.

It's very predictable. Very one out.

There were a few patches of second phases and some little glimmers of getting better so i am hanging onto these are something positive.

I didn't see Nightingale in the centres as a experiment, i see it as a test to consider a small back line shuffle. Are we about to see Beale shift to the wing. Are we seeing a change of fullback. Something is telling me that was squeezing him there as a test for Vidot or a future shuffle of our backline

Quinlan is my wish, we need some zip. I can only hope. Like Wata dreaming of King coming to 1st grade these last 3 years.

It's my turn to now dream. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

MS my dream is to watch us play and not feel like smashing the TV or yelling abuse :lol:

This is starting to remind me of the early 2000s :lol: 
novasaint

novasaint

I am his biggest critic here and I have to agree he played well.
Someone must have snuck a raw steak into his mungbean and tofu sanga. 
novasaint

novasaint

[size=7][b]fokkin vegetarian![/b][/size] 
novasaint

novasaint

The board should have shown Price support from the start and given him a 3 year deal.How will the players show support if the governing boby wont? 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Price has not been well supported by anyone. I think he still has a lot of potential as a coach and been harshly criticised in the process for a lot of factors out of his control. That said, it is becoming more obvious already that he is not the coach that is going to bring us out of this. It seems to me that there's just too much complacency after winning in 2010. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

I think stanleyg has brought it up a few times but I think a real concern is that we are conceding ground too easily. There were many times where we weren't meeting the attack at the advantage line and would be content to wait for them to come to us. We are also missing tackles as well and teams are just running all over the top of us, even when they shouldn't. We were still pretty good in defence last year but even that is slipping away. To the team's credit, the on-line defence is still quite good. 
kit

kit

We only gave away 6 penalties and Hunt was one of the few (if not the only) players who moved up in defence. I thought he was one of our best once again.
Apart from that I agree with you - Nightie is a great winger, to move him is madness - Shifting Beale could work, I'm thinking Brisbane or N.Z. I know a good removalist. - Price's decision not to have any depth in attack or have anyone running angles is inexplicable, why ? - Vidot played well again and was one of our best in the trials, hope he keeps his spot.
Agree wholeheartedly about Quinlan. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

last year I was willing to let things go as he was a new coach learning the ropes but this year we get belted every week and nothing changes how can you expect a different outcome if you change nothing. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

"The Mr negative speaks again. You're like a broken record" lol

You must have missed the part where I said that we could just be a top halfback, 5/8 and fullback away from being a top 6 team. I would say that is a lot more positive than anything else others are saying right now.

You know that I didn't say much. 
stanleyg

stanleyg

As I said their line defence was solid because they couldnt back up any further. Their defence anywhere else on the field is only good for ten minutes or so and then the holes open up as they give the opposition attack room to move and gain momentum.
The result is either holes in defence or giving away penalties to slow the play down.
Hunt is good at taking the ball up but is becoming the new J Ryles for penalties conceded 
Stooge007

Stooge007

well, the only way from here is up, right??? 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Need to be able to engage in that wrestling as well...I don't like it but that's the way the game is played...that's another thing we don't do well either. At least Hunt is putting effort here. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

So many passengers :(

I wish we could use being relegated to cutters as a incentive to shape them up :(

But the cutters players are not up to it so won't happen :( 
saints

saints

Not in the game I watched - or the two before. He has a few moments - watch him for the full 80 minutes. 
saints

saints

He was virtually handed a poisoned chalice. Lost his stars - and got a few ageing players. Then expected to get the Benny results.

Very unfair IMO. 
saints

saints

With respect Wata - are you trying to stir comment. Hunt ???

He does nothing with the ball and rarely seems to make ground. I don't understand why he's seen as a top player for us.

He does his workload OK - but surely we want more than that. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with what I posted. 
saints

saints

You said he was puting in the effort ... :) Were you talking TiC ... :lol:

Are you talking about Fien - if so I don't agree. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Hunt makes an effort to meet the defensive live, make the tackle and slow the ruck. 27 tackles in 35 minutes suggests to me that others aren't pulling their weight in defence. 
saints

saints

I totally agree with that ... :lol:

Although our defence is not bad - first half on Sunday was pretty good. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181