The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Rnd 3 - Raiders v Dragons

SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Anybody else see the article in the Tele today? Tbh not really concerned losing any those players besides a couple.

Ferguson shoehorned back into the Raiders team for today's game. 
Maximus89

Maximus89

Agreed. 
stanleyg

stanleyg

sure it wasnt written by DS??? not resigning most nd buying all new sounds like it might have been:popcorn:
Actually moving a couple of the older players on may be due. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Anything at this stage seems feasible. More than a couple of the oldies..although you may get some resistance for suggesting that. Age seems to be the future for some. 
stanleyg

stanleyg

Didnt the Dragons play the raiders into form??

Best of the dragons play.
Showed some spark in attack that gives hope for the future
solid defence on their own line probably because they couldnt back up any further
even though they were destined to lose the players didnt stop trying

Worst of the dragons play.

Their mid field defence is so soft and its not helped by virtue of the fact that they continue to stand and wait for the attack and wont move up and knock them down. the end result is they guarrantee the opposition makes a lot of metres.
some player didnt do enough while others busted their guts with their effort.

on that performance it shows coach Price is starting to get some teamwork from his players but its obviously a slow process with the talent he has at hs disposal
Merrin put in his usual good effort and Vidot tried hard. 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

Cooper has gone a season to long. Shame really because he was a really classy centre. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

he should of left after the grand final he is just ruining his legacy :( 
kit

kit

We're getting worse, despite posting points. 10 errors, low completion rate and high missed tackle count combined with our curious stand and wait defence won't see us improve any time soon. Metres gained was also our worst so far. Our overly structured attack had us looking like automatons or puppets for most of the game. I'm very disappointed with the direction Price is taking us and with the efforts of some of our players. Beale is lost at fb, he was completely useless and shouldn't be playing first grade. His chase on Robinson at the end there was school boy like, he wasn't even looking at Robinson and he should have known he would step inside, f@#*ing amateur.

The only good thing is that I tipped against the Dragons and am now 7 from 7. Go Knights ! 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

What's the odds on no changes for round 4 :lol: 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

I don't want to say much, because I have already said it. But I will say that Fein was more impressive than Soward tonight and I am not a fan of Fien either. I will also say that it is looking more and more likely that I have been right about Beale too.

I will also say that we could just be a top pair of halves and a top fullback away from being a top 6 team.

Coops is not doing anything either. But will remind everyone that once Coops was put outside Soward, I knew he would look terrible. Nobody looks good outside Soward. 
saints

saints

Mr Negative speaks again. You're like a broken record DS.

Watching yesterday's game - from the stands - not TV - Sowie stood out from many. He tried his heart out. Again we lacked a spark at half. I'd actually play D/W there - tell him to run and pass - feed the backs - and if a break presents itself - then run. BUT - not heroics etc. Just play the game. Nathan is just too slow and doesn't seem to know what to do at the crucial point. He is not a half.

Again I ask - did Sowie casually jog past the kicker at the re-start - giving a penalty ? Did sowie run the ball over the side line. NO. But two of our top players did. He did miss a few tackles - as did quite a few others. AND - as do all the little halves.

I'm a bit worried about Benny C. His play is far below form. The player of 2-3 years ago - instead of developing seems to be disappearing.

Again though - a win was beckoning if we took the right options. The defence in the first half - when we had little ball and penalties were 4 - 1 against was very good.

We lack a top half and a top attack player. Perhaps one and the same if we'd gotten JT - but we didn't.

So - play D/W - what have we got to lose ? 
manolos

manolos

Agree..Benny C is not a natural captain and maybe the pressure is getting to him. Give it to someone else. 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

I didn't go to the game last night but from what I saw, Fien had one of his better games, I thought. Contrary to SJ's comment, it looked like Soward was struggling especially in defence. Too much shirt clutching by him especially around the 11th, 12th minute. Cooper stood out with some strong defence in covering for Soward. Also think our starting backrowers went missing during the game. Folkes being asked to comment by Gaz after half-time - could we being seeing more of this?? 
saints

saints

He did have a reasonable game - BUT - he is our half - our "go to" man ! Its 3 seasons since he played in the GF - and it was as replacement hooker wasn't it ? He will have his day - but not every week and probably only 1 in 3 if that. That's not good enough !!!

I could give you examples - but perhaps the one that illustrates my main comment was when we were attacking the line - Fien got the ball ran one way - then the other - then in a circle - then just waited to be tackled. That's not good enough !!!

Soward had the big guys run at him all night - and held his own. His "missed" tackles didn't lose the game.

I'm afraid we have to be hard in this and say - "Time please gentlemen" to a few of our older players. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Surprised no one, besides me, has mentioned how terrible Nightingale was at centre.

Another failed experiment.

Goes to show not all great wingers transition to great centres. 
saints4me

saints4me

....but on a positive those tackles by Prior showed he never gave up!!
Good stuff!!! 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

I'm one of his biggest critics on here, but his chase on Croker was probably the highlight of the match. 
saints

saints

I have a big wrap on him - and see him as a big part of our future. We should make sure we hang onto him. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

He's obviously a better winger than centre but I don't think it was a total failure. Made good decisions in defence with a lot of traffic coming his way. Should have swapped with Vidot more to make it work, particularly that time he got bundled into touch. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Oh and Soward was awful. Fien played much better. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

I thought Flo struggled for the most part, particularily with reads.

His bungling into touch, followed soon after by "that" kick (and shirt grab on Robinson), and I'd seen enough. :) 
saints

saints

Agree - he's done it before this year too. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

And yet the older, slower, less skilled hooker playing halfback can. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Apparently everything.

Couldn't be arsed going into a long boring diatribe debating the pros and cons of his inclusion, suffice to say, let's just give him a go.

At this stage it's looking likely we will be unchanged for next Saturday nights game against the gummies.. *facepalm* 
kit

kit

Like I said, we should buy Croker, he goes good. 18 points for the match. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168