The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Rnd 3 - Raiders v Dragons

saints

saints

They can feel it too ... :lol: Project some positivity M. Its more fun and makes you feel better - irrespective of the outcome ! 
stanleyg

stanleyg

[QUOTE=knitey;1497884]Dragons by 12, Raiders have no Dugan or Ferguson, as long as your forwards give Soward some room you will win, you were close last week and the Raiders defence is not as tight as the Broncos.[/Quote

aawww your just saying that knitey to take your mind off the knights result.:eek:
The dragons have a good chance against a depleted Raiders. if its a loss it shouldnt be by more than 15 points. 
knitey

knitey

I've tipped the Dragons Stanley, I believe that they can win this . 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

ah thats right Knitey sat through the raiders game last sunday and was disgusted or was it bored during that match :lol: 
kit

kit

I finally got to watch the Cutters game last night and I was amazed at how well Lett played - he could have been playing 5/8 instead of fb for all the influence he had on the game and all the work he was doing. One of the commentators said he'd scored 83 tries in 65 games ( or something like that ) which is incredible. Quinlan also had a big game and looks ready for first grade to me - he's all class and scored a great try just by being in the right place at the right time. So there's 2 backs who could step up this week and spark our attack, just takes someone to show a little faith. Drinkwater didn't go too well but behind a strong pack and with Sowie helping him he could maybe do alright in firsts, at least get some experience. Cook was good but needs some more work in seconds I think, maybe another year off a shot at the top grade.
Stockwell played great and Wakeman and VaiVai look like a good prospects too. Stockwell, Matthews and DeBelin are all better than Frizell and Harrison.

In the footy tipping comp at work I've tipped against the Dragons this week, first time ever. 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

Agree with you, there! 
Maximus89

Maximus89

Let him get experience playing against men in NSW cup before he steps up. 
professional

professional

I'd drop Soward before Fien http://www.cricsim.com/images/smilies/ph34r.gif

I'll show myself out ... 
Maximus89

Maximus89

You do a poor impression of the troll. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Lett works in the mines and has no interest in playing any more than NSW Cup. As for Quinlan, he wasn't that memorable other than nice support play in the try at the end and bombing a certain try in the first half. 
professional

professional

It's not an attempt as trolling per se. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Both halves have been terrible, any replacement would be great but we just don't have one right now. 
saints

saints

I don't think Sowie has been terrible. He's done some good things.

I feel one of our issues is backing up. Last Friday night I saw - on a few occasions - someone go through and turn waiting for the back-up, that never came. A simple thing would be for Price to tell someone - "you follow Prior; you follow Weyman" etc. Time and again they hit the line got an arm ready - and no-one came. That's not Sowie's fault. He needs a team going forward !

He set up the 40/20 - but I wonder if it was his idea to continue the nonsense of just one off turning the ball inside to yet another forward. Is it his idea we don't stand as a backline - but instead are so flat we can't pass as they rush into our line ?

Is it his fault they come straight through the middle of our "pack" ?

Simple footie would cure a few of the problems. Move the ball about / set up the attack line properly / tackle the man with the ball / and try to get the ball to the players who can actually score - eg Morris. He was like a shag on a rock last week. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

i feel this is the week we break the Canberra hoodoo :) 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Price able to do something no coach, including Bennett, could do in 13 years :)

Erect a monument for the man :lol: 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

He is the only halfback we have at the Club hence my reasoning for his inclusion. Pretty solid reason too. Price has probably already sapped whatever confidence he had out of him.

Fien is not a halfback, a backup hooker at best these days.

Wonder who had seen both Reynolds and Cherry-Evans play before they were thrust info first grade by their respective coaches. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Never heard him once mentioned as our "saviour", :scratch: but put yourself in his position. Given bugger all playing time, and has a 32 year old has-been picked ahead of him every week in a team running like a busted arse, with a coach too scared to make a single change to it's starting line up. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

who was the coach to get a win there? David Waite wasn't it? 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Price watched halfback Josh Drinkwater in action for Illawarra Cutters last week in the NSW Cup but said he won't rush the young playmaker into his side despite their need for some spark in attack.

"Josh has a little bit to go and fully understands what he has to work on," Price said.

"He's still a few weeks away but he knows what he has to do to improve his game."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/dragons-look-to-break-canberra-nrl-hoodoo-20130321-2gi77.html 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

The Raiders have lost some firepower to a already struggling team.

We on the other hand have our full array of our playing roster.

We didn't "suck big time" but just didn't do much to nail the coffin in Brisbane.

Let's hope that the Bronco's is a low baseline for building something.

I also feel the hoodoo will end this Sunday.

One thing i must note. It's not quiet cold there yet, i often remember it being bloody freezing when we play in Canberra.

Some cooler weather but not ice may have us go alright. It's been bloody hot the last few weekends.

Go boys!

Freaking go.. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Forecast is warm and humid this weekend. Hope it's like that in Canberra also :) 
Maximus89

Maximus89

Is this supposed to be an excuse for him to be poor at NSW cup level? If he wants to play 1st grade he needs to start improving. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Yeah that's right it's a great example. Both players outstanding in their lower grade sides. Given a chance in FG these types of players tend to shine. Even Jacob Miller gets a run at the Tigers. We send our prospects down the tube and persist with a player who we all know is a complete cluster**** at 7.

Judging by recent Price comments this is our MO for the foreseeable future. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

The thing is you need to have seen Drinkwater play to see why Price made the decision not to put him in. Doesn't look like a player that is ready to go, even if we need him to be. I know having Fien in there is bad but we can't afford to ruin the one player that might be better (later on), especially when he is the only other option. I think Price made the right call.

As for the examples used, it's not the same type of situation because the others involve players that were either older or better. For example, Miller was Junior Kangaroos halfback last year and already has NRL experience, makes sense that he will go in.

The club has a lot to answer for regarding our halves situation regarding depth, succession planning, etc even allowing for the problems you get after winning a premiership, etc. But as I said, as far as keeping Drinkwater in the lower grades goes I think Price made the right choice. 
stanleyg

stanleyg

The halfback spot has been a real problem for the dragons in recent years. Bennett stuck Hornby in that spot even though he wasnt a half because there was nowhere else in the team for the captain.
He didnt develop past being an average half unfortunately.
Prior to that the players in the position have either been useless or put in a couple of dazzling games and fizzled out or sustained form ending injuries. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Tpee - Yes Unlucky for Central Crows I was at this game this team has done exceptionally well for boys who can't train on a regular basis due to...
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168