The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Injury and Suspension Alert.

stanleyg

stanleyg

Cooper is now a passenger for rest of season with ligament damage.
We also are looking at losing poore, Prior and Scott for a game or three due to alleged bad tackling techniques.
Luckily the club has some playing depth but another injury or suspension could make the run home a real struggle/ 
Stooge007

Stooge007

Coops - ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! 
marcusev

marcusev

just watched coops' interview.. he said that he should be right for the weekend but his injury is something he is going to have to look after every week and cant really train with the team on mondays as he has to rest his heel up.

he also has to needle it before playing every game :/ 
Stooge007

Stooge007

i wonder whether he should be rested or not?

i'm sure Bennett and co will make the right call 
Maximus89

Maximus89

Maybe rest him next week when we have Scott and Prior back. 
marcusev

marcusev

nah i dont think resting him will do anything.. he has alredy had 2 weeks off and this injury is still reoccuring.

he is just going to have to play on with it for the remainder of the year..

his a big boy guys dont worry =) 
Stooge007

Stooge007

only 7 more games, then he can have a rest, lol 
marcusev

marcusev

Poore, Scott to front NRL judiciary

St George Illawarra front rower Justin Poore will risk a three-game ban by fronting the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night in a bid to downgrade his dangerous throw charge.

Poore will be joined by Dragons teammate Beau Scott at NRL headquarters, Scott pleading not guilty to a separate dangerous throw charge which carries a one game ban.

Poore's risk is far greater however with the NSW Origin prop facing a three-match ban if he is unable to get his charge downgraded.

A downgrade to a grade one charge would free Poore to play for the Dragons against Canberra on Saturday night.

A third Dragon, Matt Prior, will miss the trip to the nation's capital after taking the early guilty plea for his involvement in the same tackle for which Scott was charged. 
marcusev

marcusev

tbh i think they both will be succesfull tomorrow night, poore as his was really unintentional and had no malice..3 weeks is ridiculous, and scott as his involvement was only very minor.

carn boys! 
Stooge007

Stooge007

why did Prior take the early guilty plea then?

weird stuff 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Any news on Poore? Did he beat the charge? 
SumfnKrishy

SumfnKrishy

Yup, free to play against the green machine :thumbs:

Scott wasn't successful tho >:( 
Maximus89

Maximus89

Yep beat the charge and is free to play against Canberra. I wonder what his defence was? He has 93 carry over points now. 
Maximus89

Maximus89

Damn you beat me to it. 
Maximus89

Maximus89

I thought Scott's defence might have had something to do with it. Maybe blame it completely on Prior. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Dragons prop Justin Poore gets downgrade, free to play the Raiders

St George Illawarra prop Justin Poore is free to play in Saturday night's clash with Canberra after having his dangerous throw charge downgraded at the NRL judiciary.
Poore faced a three-week ban for the lifting tackle that forced Penrith winger Shane Elford from the field in http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25898893-23214,00.html last Friday night's 25-6 win to the Dragons , but he escaped with just 93 carry-over points after the charge was lowered to a grade one.

Poore's counsel, Geoff Bellew, SC, successfully put forward a case for a downgrade of the grade two charge.

The grade-one penalty of 120 points was then further reduced by way of Poore's early guilty plea, the final tally of 93 points not enough to prevent the New South Wales State of Origin prop from taking on Canberra on Saturday.

The carry-over points do, however, mean Poore must be on his best behaviour for the rest of the season, with even the slightest indiscretion to result in a ban.

"I'm very happy with the hearing I received and I'm very excited to play Canberra this week," Poore said after the hearing, his availability sure to help the Dragons in their bid to secure the NRL minor premiership.

It wasn't all good news for the Dragons, though, with centre Beau Scott rubbed out for one game after being found guilty of a dangerous throw. Scott also left with 80 carry-over points.

Poore took a massive punt by appearing before the judiciary, given that he would have faced a three-match ban had he failed to convince the panel of Mal Cochrane, Don McKinnon and Brad Clyde that the charge deserved to be downgraded.

It is the second time this year Poore has walked away from an ugly incident without punishment, after he picked up and then dropped concussed Queensland prop Steve Price in the final game of this year's Origin series.

Bellew's defence was based on a comparable tackle involving Brisbane Broncos front-rower David Taylor, which received only a grade-one penalty, and the fact that Elford had left the ground before Poore had come into contact with him.

"By pleading guilty (Poore) has accepted he made a substantial contribution, but the attacking player contributed to a large extent," Bellew said.

Judiciary counsel Peter Kite said the tackle became dangerous only when Poore straightened and Elford was put in a vertical position with his head pointing to the ground.

"He's completely helpless at that point," Kite argued.

Scott, meanwhile, argued that teammate Matt Prior was to blame for the tackle that placed Panthers five-eighth Wade Graham in a dangerous position.

Prior on Tuesday pleaded guilty to his role in the tackle and was suspended for one match.

Scott described himself as a passenger in the hit.

"From start to finish Matt Prior had control of the tackle," Scott told the hearing.

Kite said that Graham was already in a dangerous position by the time Prior had let go of the Panthers five-eighth, while Bellew argued that Scott was a victim of circumstance.

"If he made a contribution, it certainly wasn't substantial," Bellew said.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25920565-5018866,00.html Source 
RoboMuppet

RoboMuppet

Protected species. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Scott got a 1 week ban you dope 
RoboMuppet

RoboMuppet

No wai1! 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

better believe it, we have been crucified and villified by officials all year, and now the trend continues. 
stanleyg

stanleyg

We wuzz robbed, the judiciary are making examples of our players because of other clubs bad behaviourial problems.

Seriously though it is probably a good time for Scott to be rested as he has been playing so well in defence.
Poore is now on his last chance so if he offends he will be lucky to get back for the finals but we do have replacements for him.

The question now is who will Coach Bennett slot in to beef up the backline defence against Canberra??? 
Stooge007

Stooge007

is everyone back on board for this week?

nobody got cited did they?

any injuries? 
Maximus89

Maximus89

Nobody got cited this week.

Cooper, Nightingale and Paea should all be fit if selected. Not sure about Weyman. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

i think we'll need everyone on deck for the Broncs (well for every game for the rest of the season!) 
SumfnKrishy

SumfnKrishy

My guess is that Weyman won't be playing for precautionary reasons, which is a shame really >:( 

Recent Rugby League Posts

TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
ALX21 - Law-Cobbo, Turnbull, Dixon, Nagas and Conway were the best for the Probables, while Renouf, Burns, Cox, Simpson, Trindall, Fifita and McC...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181