The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Injury and Suspension Alert.

bad_bomber

bad_bomber

i dont think he will get anything u can tell it wasnt on purpose it was an accident that porter fella just jumped to high i think and scoot couldnt stop in time. 
Baileyana

Baileyana

What? It seemed completely intentional. 
marcusev

marcusev

St George Illawarra centre Beau Scott has been charged by the NRL match review committee for leading with his legs as he tried to prevent a try in Sunday's 32-18 win over North Queensland.
Scott has received a grade one charge of dangerous contact with the legs or feet arising out of the 24th minute incident at WIN Stadium.
He was placed on report after he tried in vain to stop Cowboys winger Ty Williams from scoring.
Scott will escape a penalty with an early guilty plea and will miss one week if he unsuccessfully defends the charge at the NRL judiciary.
The Country Origin representative is the only player to be charged following the weekend's round 14 NRL matches 
SumfnKrishy

SumfnKrishy

glad he was charged..its a dangerous act and its gotta be stricken from the minds of players...een though i think its a reflex 
Baileyana

Baileyana

Yeah fair enough. Cop the points on the chin and next time it won't be a reflex action hopefully. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

surely this has happened over the course of the season, with no repercussions? 
Stooge007

Stooge007

ST George Illawarra centre Beau Scott has accepted a one-week ban for a feet first tackle to avoid missing more games later in the NRL season.

Scott could have entered an early guilty plea to the charge and escaped with 90 carryover points and no suspension, but instead took a "no contest'' ruling on Tuesday which attracted 120 points.

He will now serve a one-week suspension but has only 20 carryover points on his record, all of which will disappear if he goes four games without being cited.

It is a strategic move by the Dragons as Scott would have been unable to clear the 90 points from his record over the rest of the NRL season, which could have ultimately cost him extra time on the sidelines if cited at the pointy end of the year.

Meanwhile, the match review committee laid no charges from the Monday night game between Wests Tigers and Parramatta.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25645641-5006066,00.html 
Stooge007

Stooge007

Chase Stanley here we come!!!

go you good thing 
SumfnKrishy

SumfnKrishy

Doh...>:( :P 
Stooge007

Stooge007

we need Stanley playing more NRL football, so we can re-sign him.

he's got plenty of talent (Gasnier style flick pass to Dell) and i'd hate to see him go on to bigger and better things at another club 
marcusev

marcusev

this scares me. bigtime.

who is going to be the knight in shining armour that protects soward..

certainly not stanley.

maybe try brett morris in the centres 4 a week whilst nightingale comes onto the wing

OR

what we have done previously, providing that j.smith is back on round 16, move big nev to centre 
Cribbage

Cribbage

Yeah, all year long teams have learned pretty quickly (or rather, slowly, but ineffectively) that running at Soward is not a good idea because you get smashed by the Great Wall of Wollongong - also known as Matt Prior and Beau Scott.

Neither Prior or Scott will be playing next week and Stanley's defence in the centres this season has been ridiculously bad. In the one good game he did have, he played centre in attack but defended closer in. 
SumfnKrishy

SumfnKrishy

Knew it >:(

Smith on track for round 20 return >:(

Didn't wanna jinx it but i could just see the return date being pushed back again and again and again >:( 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Paea hospitalised

St George Illawarra prop Mickey Paea is in hospital after collapsing at training on Tuesday during an intense session before a four-day break for Dragons players. The initial diagnosis was that Paea was suffering from a virus and dehydration but he has been kept in hospital for observation and to undergo more tests.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/s...918139587.html 
marcusev

marcusev

WOW WTF we are dropping like flies atm..

what the hell is next?

also, i was wondering.. now that scott is out for 4-6 weeks.. how will that affect his suspension? will he have to do his 4-6 weeks then take another week for the suspension after that or is the suspension integrated into both? 
Stooge007

Stooge007

i think the injured period counts afaik 
Stooge007

Stooge007

any injury news out of SOO? 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Poore had some work done on his shoulder during the game.
But I don't think it was that serious. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

sweet, i was at the game, so didn't really notice 
dragongrrlz

dragongrrlz

yeah, he was wincing every time his shoulder was touched... might have jarred it connecting with crocker's face :lol: that was good fun 
Guvner

Guvner

Scott is the one that hurts. His absence worries me tonight. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

agree

the Tigers on their day can play some good football

hasn't been their day much this year though 
marcusev

marcusev

dw fellas we should be right tonight. aslong as our discipline and defence is good, we should be able to grind it out no worries.

tigers last week against a depleted melbourne side were horrible. forget that they didnt even have robbie farah, they couldnt even catch a ball 
Stooge007

Stooge007

let's hope so

GO DRAGONS! 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - RD 21 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeStorm14 J.Turpin15 C.GaloRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.Nikorima14 W.BrimsonCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Ba...
Fromthenest - Well there you go. Apparently Wide Bay's final is being played Thursday between Norville SS of Bundy and St Pat's Gympie. I am lead to be...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181