The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Illawarra Cutters Game Talk.

saints

saints

They will have some good players left over from the top squad this season IMO.

Isn't it great to read - Newtown - the reigning Premiers ... :) 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

[h=1] This one slipped through the cracks..

Toole: Luck Of The Irish[/h]

Monday 14 January 2013 11:48 AM

http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/LeadImage/00055464-leadimage.jpg

Illawarra Cutters second rower Josh Toole is one of several new recruits aiming to don the Scarlet in 2013.
Toole joins the Wollongong-based outfit ahead of their second-season in the NSW Cup having just completed international duty for Ireland.
Toole played in the centres for the Shamrocks as they recorded their first win in three years having overcome Scotland 30-18 in October, 2012.
Toole previously scored his first international try in Ireland's 62-4 defeat to England during that Test series.
“It was an amazing experience for me having the chance to play at international level,” said Toole.
“Being involved in Ireland’s first international win for several years was pretty good as well having the chance to play against teams like England.
“My goal is to play well for the Cutters this year if I get the call-up so I need to continue training hard.
“Maybe it will be good enough to get involved in the World Cup later this year.”
Ireland are in group A of the tournament alongside Australia, England and Fiji.
The tournament runs from October 26, 2013 with the final on November 30.
Ireland's first match is against Fiji on October 28.
They go on to play England on November 2 and Australia on November 9. 
annav3

annav3

[h=1]Hickey: Leading By Example[/h]

Monday 14 January 2013 8:00 AM

http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/LeadImage/00055941-leadimage.jpg
Illawarra Cutters prop Jarred Hickey believes he has what it takes to become an important player for the Scarlets in 2013.
Hickey, 27, joined the Cutters midway through last season following his release from Super League Club Wakefield-Trinity Wildcats and played a leading role in the team’s sojourn to the NSW Cup finals.
The prop previously made 72 first-grade appearances for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs prior to his departure for Europe but is happy to be back on familiar soil.
"Training has been pretty good with a lot of new faces and while it’s taken a bit of time to gel we've been going good and picking up each week,” said Hickey.
“We've improved from week one to now and know its only four more weeks until the trials so we should be looking good heading into them.
"I think it'll just help the squad with a bit of leadership around them.
“I've been around a while and learnt a lot from those with more experience than me so I hope to guide the younger guys and teach them a couple of things to help them further their careers.
"I think we'll be up there again, hopefully a lot longer in the finals.
“We've got a great squad and as long as we can maintain most of the squad and get back some quality players from the Dragons we should go well."

http://www.dragons.com.au/nswcup-display/Hickey-Leading-By-Example/67400 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

how did the cutters go last weekend? 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Cutters Lose To Jets

Monday 11 March 2013 9:00 AM

http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/LeadImage/00062469-leadimage.jpg

The Illawarra Cutters went down to the Newtown Jets 30-10 at WIN Stadium, Wollongong on Saturday.
The Jets came flying out of the blocks, scoring after just five minutes through Josh Ailaomai, converted by winger Chris Taripo.
Barely a minute later Jets centre Usaia O'Sullivan raced 80 metres to score the Jets' second try.
Taripo converted to make it 12-0.
A mistake by the Jets off the ensuing kick-off gave the Cutters their first chance and winger Gus Aiga crossed out wide.
The Jets extended their lead in the 25th minute when substitute Saulala Houma crashed over beside the posts.
Taripo's conversion made it 18-4.
In the dying stages of the half James Grehan kicked ahead ten metres out before regathering and offloading to the supporting John Kennedy.
Drinkwater converted and it was 18-10 at halftime.
Jack De Belin was sin binned in the first minute of the second half but the Cutters defended bravely and didn't concede points while they were a man down.
Jets hooker Nafe Seluini burrowed over 17 minutes from time and Taripo's perfect day with the boot continued to make it 24-10.
With two minutes left a scuffle resulted in the sin-binning of Daniel Vidot and the Jets' Ray Moujalli.
The Jets added a fifth try in the last minute of play when Houma scored his second try of the afternoon and Taripo converted to give the visitors a 30-10 victory.
Illawarra Cutters 10. Tries: Aiga, Kennedy. Goals: Drinkwater (1/2).
Newtown Jets 30. Tries: Houma (2), O'Sullivan, Ailaomai, Seluini. Goals: Taripo (5/5).

http://www.dragons.com.au/nswcup-display/Cutters-Lose-To-Jets/69664 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

[h=1]Illawarra Cutters Team List: Round 2[/h]

Tuesday 12 March 2013 1:15 PM

http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/LeadImage/00062468-leadimage.jpg

Illawarra Cutters Head Coach Paul McGregor has named a 19-man squad for the NSW Cup clash against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday.
1. Michae Lett (c)
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Nathan Green
4. Junior Vaivai
5. Adam Quinlan
6. John Kennedy
7. Josh Drinkwater
8. Michael Henderson
9. Nathan Waters
10. Atele Vea
11. Will Matthews
12. James Grehan
13. Matt Handcock
14. Damien Cook
15. Jake Hawkins
16. Evrett Vaurasi
17. Shannon Wakeman
23. Todd Ryan
25. Jarrad Hickey

http://www.dragons.com.au/nswcup-display/Illawarra-Cutters-Team-List-Round-2/69696 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Cutters Face Minor Premiers

Thursday 14 March 2013 8:00 AM

http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/LeadImage/00062903-leadimage.jpg

The Illawarra Cutters will hit the road to face reigning minor Premiers the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday.
Head Coach Paul McGregor has made two changes to the side beaten 30-10 by the Newtown Jets in round one.
Atelea Vea comes into the starting side at prop replacing Jack De Belin while Jarrad Hickey has been named on an extended bench.
Adam Quinlan has again been named on the wing despite not playing against the Jets.
The Bulldogs side features a halves pairing of Joel Romelo and Trent Hodkinson that will test the Cutters' defence.
Both sides will be looking for their first win of the season after the Bulldogs were beaten 38-16 by the North Sydney Bears last week.
The game kicks off at 1:10pm and will be broadcast live on Fox Sports in a major boost for the NSW Cup.

http://www.dragons.com.au/nswcup-display/Cutters-Face-Minor-Premiers/69885 
annav3

annav3

did any of you watch the game on Fox? I was at the game. Drinkwater got hurt, not sure the extent. Vai Vai went well perhaps he should get given a shot at first grade. Great to see my former favourite Dogs player Jarryd Mudguts Hickey..he was struggling but always does his best. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

I don't have Fox anna, how did we go? 
annav3

annav3

it was a pretty hot day today so it was tough conditions for the team.

VaiVai was the stoundaout for me today .

Fulltime at Leichardt Oval the Bulldogs have won 26-16, your front rowers were good and a backrower I think the guys name is WIll Matthews.

Lett has lost a bit of his aura but still came up with a try assist. I wonder why he has never excelled at NRL level. 
annav3

annav3

not sure what the go is with Drinkwater. He got hurt but I don;t recall if he stayed on or they took him off. There were two players that got hurt. He was one of them 
alchemist

alchemist

Drinkwater came off with a shoulder injury i think... the other Illawarra player was rushed to hospital (neck injury i think)

i thought Hodkinson and Burr did well for the Dogs 
annav3

annav3

Burr another good young backrower at the club. Coming along nicely. I also think Paul Carter looking the goods. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Stockwell is the only player that looks like he will play first grade soon (bar injuries). 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Is that your way of saying we are screwed for this year :lol: 
alchemist

alchemist

agreed, but i think Burr the better prospect of the two 
annav3

annav3

I heard on radio today Drinkwater going for scans on Tuesday 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Illawarra Cutters Team List: Round 4

Tuesday 26 March 2013 10:00 AM

http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/LeadImage/00065276-leadimage.jpg

Illawarra Cutters Head Coach Paul McGregor has named his squad for the NSW Cup clash against the North Sydney Bears at WIN Stadium, Wollongong on Saturday.

1. Michael Lett (c)
2. Jack Twist
3. Nathan Green
4. Junior Vaivai
5. Adam Quinlan
6. Todd Ryan
7. John Kennedy
8. Michael Henderson
9. Jake Hawkins
10. Shannon Wakeman
11. Will Matthews
12. Atelea Vea
13. Matt Handcock
14. Damien Cook
15. James Grehan
16. Evrett Vaurasi
18. Jarrad Hickey

http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/Illawarra-Cutters-Team-List-Round-4/70810 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Cutters Travel For Wolves Showdown
Thursday 4 April 2013 10:00 AM

The Illawarra Cutters travel to face the Windsor Wolves at the Windsor Sporting Complex on Saturday.
Paul McGregor's men will be searching for their first win of the NSW Cup season and has made several changes to the side that went down to the North Sydney Bears last round.
Click to read the Illawarra Cutters Line-Up for Round 5
Tyron Cranston comes on to the wing to replace Jack Twist while Josh Drinkwater returns from a shoulder injury to replace John Kennedy at halfback.
Additionally, Matt Handcock moves from lock to prop and James Grehan comes off the bench to start the game at lock.
Nathan Waters is the new starting hooker with Jake Hawkins and Damien Cook on the bench alongside Evrett Vaurasi, Jarrad Hickey and Blake Phillips, with one to be omitted on Saturday.
The Cutters conceded two early intercept tries against an in form Bears outfit and despite scoring on the stroke of halftime, didn't quite play to their potential.
The Wolves fought out a thrilling 24-all draw against the Auckland Vulcans at Mt Smart Stadium and have won two and drawn one of their four matches.
Wolves coach Guy Missio has named Luke Walsh at halfback, with Nathan Smith and Anthony Cherrington in the second row and Mose Masoe at prop, while Geoff Daniela will bolster their backline.
The match throws up some interesting side notes; the Cutters will be looking to kick start their season and it was in the corresponding round last year that they won their very first game, 38-18 against the Balmain-Ryde-Eastwood Tigers at Leichardt Oval in the corresponding round last year.
It was at this ground against the Wolves that the Cutters lost their final game before embarking on an eight game winning streak that saw them play finals football in their debut season.
The Cutters have shown plenty of potential in their three matches and it is only a matter of time before they convert their opportunities into a victory.
http://www.dragons.com.au/nswcup-display/Cutters-Travel-For-Wolves-Showdown/71446

MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Illawarra Cutters Team List: Round 6
Tuesday 9 April 2013 10:00 AM

Illawarra Cutters Head Coach Paul McGregor has named his squad for the NSW Cup clash against the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.
1. Michael Lett (c)
2. Jack Twist
3. Kose Leilei
4. Junior Vaivai
5. Nathan Green
6. Todd Ryan
7. Josh Drinkwater
25. Jarrad Hickey
9. Nathan Waters
10. Leeson Ah Mau
11. Will Matthews
12. Atelea Vea
13. Matt Handcock
15. Jake Hawkins
16. Evrett Vaurasi
17. Blake Phillips
18. Shannon Wakeman
19. James Grehan

http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/ ... nd-6/71829 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

buckmajor - Thanks Steve, forgot to check back here lol.
Bull66 - Anyone going to have a crack at naming the Qld 16 team ?
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Results Broncos: J.Nikorima 3 tries, 5 goals
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168