The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Dragons called up for State of Origin??

Maroubranos

Maroubranos

Honestly i reckon SoO is played at the wrong time of the season and apart from hurting many team chances it does nothing for the competition and exists just to boost revenues for television and the NRL. I would like to see it moved to after GF. Last year it seemed that both Creagh and Sowie suffered injuries from SoO that they never recovered from, so this year i hope we dont see too many dragons called up to this fiasco. Unfortunately though i can see after a few games that Merrin is a definite with perhaps Scott also. I am concerned that a few others maybe used although i dont expect soward to be called. We have players to cover the loss of Merrin or Scott though. 
View all 53 comments
Stooge007

Stooge007

imagine if King had been healthy the last 2 years though??? 
Foordy

Foordy

keep playing the way you have been and there is a good chance of that :P 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Its a system I tell you :lol: 
Maximus89

Maximus89

Firstly, Ennis plays for Country, so Farah is the City hooker. Secondly, Hinchcliffe was selected as the bench hooker, and was promoted to start. So that makes it Ennis, Buderus, Hinchcliffe for Country, and Farah for City, which makes him at least 5th in line. Then you've got De Gois who is eligible for City, who would most likely be picked ahead of him. Then you have Gidley who is a certainty for the side if fit, who is able to play hooker (and did last year). So there is about 6 ahead of him.

What about Prior? I thought he was on the fringe? 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

The fact remains that you dismissed Rein totally when more learned persons of the game, than you or I, have included him in discussions for selection at representative level. Perhaps you have a problem spotting new talent? One or two big games from him could get him a look in for game 3 (not that I desire this), after NSW lose the 1st two.
Concerning young Prior, I believe he possesses a great deal of talent (as did Bennett) and we are yet to see what he is fully capable of. I wouldn't be taking aim at him like you have fun doing all the time. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

I wouldn't pick DeBelin yet, but I think he will be playing origin in the next 2 or 3 years. I like the look of him to the max Maximus. I think he is made for origin. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

Concerning Prior, he hasn't come on, he has stayed at the same level since Bennett got there, if anything he has gone backwards in my opinion, even Creagh hasn't been able to take his game to the next level, I think he has gone backwards too. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

Not happy at sceduling two games without our Origin players, and having a bye after the last origin. I know it was a Bennett ploy, Brisbane are the only other club that do this. Melbourne only play one game with out their stars and they lost that game then Bellamy asked for stand alone origin weekends. Hasler never does this, they look like the 2 best coaches in the game right now. 
Maximus89

Maximus89

Huh? Panthers and Cowboys have the bye at the same time. Panthers have no pre-origin byes, and the Cowboys have 1. There are only 6 teams on the bye each pre-origin round, which makes a possible 18 teams in total. Many teams have to miss out. In fact, if every team gets a pre-origin bye (which they should), only 2 teams would get 2. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

I'm pretty sure it's a Bennett ploy, it was well publicised in 2006 how everyone just took a whole week off in the middle of the rep season and came back energised and went on to win the premiership.

I'd prefer we had byes after Origin...we've seen how much they can drain players and that has more influence on a team's season than winning or losing a game or two in this period. In the meantime we would rely on our squad players to step up. 
saints

saints

So - 2013 - we have BMozz of course, and Benny C. But who else. Qld may not need Beale, so that leaves Merrin, Weyman and Hunt I guess for NSW. Maybe Rein ? Sowie of course. Our NZers will not get a look in. Coops and Stanley might be there if they play well.

Comments ? 
saints4me

saints4me

Happy not to have any Dragons in SOO actually..... 
BringbackBRL

BringbackBRL

But NZ might. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

too early to tell really

B Moz is possibly our only certain(ish) pick 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Morris for NSW, Nightingale for NZ.

Others might get called into those teams if there's injuries. I don't think we lose NZ players to any regular season games, though. 
saints

saints

Well spotted ... I like to make sure people read the post ... :lol: ... ;) 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

Can'tsee any player other than our two excellent wingers called up for rep duties. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Bmoz is the only chance we have of a starting Origin rep.

The rest are fringe/bench players at best.

I don't think we have too much to worry about being Origin "ravaged" *facepalm* 
saints

saints

Ergo ... ;) 
Waldo1

Waldo1

There's no chance he'd get a run in a maroon jersey even if he was eligible 
saints

saints

Isn't eligibility for the QLD jumper just "being a player" ...:) 
Maximus89

Maximus89

Lol one of your best.

Stanley is a kiwi by the way. 
rumackay

rumackay

I think BMoz, Creagh and Merrin would have to be our immediate concerns ATM. The rest would have to really surprise with their performances this year. Happy to have none of them get picked this year, although anything can happen between now and then...cue DS... :rolls: 
saints

saints

:lol:

This is SOO - no-one is anything ... ;) 
kit

kit

We have a few eligible for NZ now - Nightie, Fein, Beale, Vai Vai, Harrison, Ah Mau, C.Stanley, we could easily lose a couple of them to reps.
For SOO, depends entirely on our form of course but Merrin could make the squad again. I thought he was unlucky to lose his spot last time for the 3rd game, he certainly didn't let them down. Weyman, Rein and Soward would need to be having their best seasons to be considered but it's not out of the question. De Belin is a great prospect but not yet. 
saints

saints

Under my rules I might have to support NZ in the Test / WC. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - In my opinion, players listed above would be worthy of selection to come up against the Knights dominated NSW team. Good luck to all tea...
boaa - Depending on finals performance Hudson may force tatipata or Allan out. Bench could be peacock sula sioasa Wilshire and noema
buckmajor - Thanks Steve, forgot to check back here lol.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Results Broncos: J.Nikorima 3 tries, 5 goals
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168