The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Dragons and Rabbitohs set for 30th Charity Shield

Marcus1979

Marcus1979

St George or St George Illawarra have never won a spoon.

Even in bad years we have managed to avoid it.

We could suprise this year I mean we lost 3 Golden Point games last season if we won just 1 of those would of made the finals. 
MrChook

MrChook

Nah, too many souffs fans will be there. I'd like to keep him at a distance from the bottom rung of society. 
kit

kit

This is the Dragons line up for the CS posted in an article on their website,

http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/Weyman-Returns-For-Charity-Shield/68595

NRL Team Line-Up
1. Gerard Beale
2. Brett Morris
3. Daniel Vidot
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Jamie Soward
7. Nathan Fien
8. Michael Henderson
9. Mitch Rein
10. Matt Prior
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Ben Creagh (c)
13. Trent Merrin
14. Will Matthews
15. Bronson Harrison
16. Jack de Belin
17. Cameron King
18. Michael Weyman
19. Josh Drinkwater
20. Jack Stockwell
21. Chase Stanley
22. Adam Quinlan

Again with Prior as prop and Merrin at lock, wtf ? and where's Hunt, just an oversight ? He's not on the injured list.
I can understand Weyman on the bench coming back from injury but wtf ?
I hope this isn't a sign of things to come or we will be looking at a long and unhappy year ahead. Surely Price isn't contemplating keeping a forward line up like he's using in the trials. The Souths pack must be feeling pretty optimistic about their chances.

My team below. I consider this to be our strongest line up and our best chance of success this year, with slight changes if anyone under-performs / gets injured.
It's hard for me to leave out Rein, I love the guy but for now we need Fein's experience while we ease Drinkwater into the starting side. As soon as Drinkwater is settled ( we'll know by round 10 I reckon) I'd say bye bye Fein and have a hungry Rein on the bench.

1. Beale
2. Moz
3. C.Stanley / although I'm happy with Vidot having a crack at it, I'm interested to see how he goes. Then either of them as the inevitable back up for Coops.
4. Coops
5. Nightie
6. Sowie
7. Fein - I'd rather Drinkwater get game time sooner rather than later.
8. Hunt ( only because Weyman's coming back from injury )
9. King
10. Merrin
11. Prior - Frizell to come in if Prior fails to shine again.
12. Creagh
13. De Bellin

14. Weyman
15. Ah Mau
16. Frizell
17. Drinkwater

18 etc. the rest. 
MrChook

MrChook

Its still a trial game so I wouldn't be overly concerned with certain players benched/omitted/out of position. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Merrin is lock this year. He will still be in the middle of the field doing his thing, probably looking to get more minutes out of him and also have him start. We have enough props coming through that we can make it work anyway. Bit of a surprise that Henderson is starting although he went alright last week, including putting a nice hit on Ashton Sims.

Prior moving to the middle of the field is a good move, that's where we will get the best from him. He didn't play that well last week but hopefully it's just a matter of playing more minutes.

Vidot and Frizell on the right edge is a very daring move, I like it. Potentially one of the most damaging combination we can have there. Would have been tempting to go with a little more experience in Stanley and Harrison for the early rounds. Interesting to see how that develops nonetheless. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

It's getting exciting isn't it.

Quinlan for Bench warmer of the year.

Then PM next year. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

I would go
1 B Morris
2 Nightingale
3 Chase Stanely
4 Coops
5 Green or Cummins
6 Fien (I would rather Kyle, but he is injured)
7 Drinkwater (I have not seen him, but lets find out if he is our answer this year)
13 Creagh (I would like to see Creagh be given a roving role like the old style locks)
12 Frizzell (I think he will be a great buy)
11 BeBelin ( is he a second rower or a prop?)
10 Merrin
9 Rein
8 Weyman

14 Vidot (to come on and play back row)
15 Hunt
16 Ah Mau
17 Mathews
18 King

Yeah, no Soward, no Beale and no Prior.

I am not sure if Stockwell is physically ready for first grade, he looked a bit slim last year for a front rower.

I am enthusiastic about the prospects of Cummins and Quinlan, but again their lack of size is a concern.

I don't mind the idea of giving Vidot a run in the centers this week, he could be a great center. He could also become a good back rower. Having him on the bench as back rower means we would have someone who can cover center, wing and fullback. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

B.morris at fullback would weaken the wing position like we saw most of 2012. Apart for a handful of games did not play that well. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

I don't know what you were watching last year, but B Morris was our best player last year playing fullback. I even remember Dean Young saying so himself. B Morris was the only player in our side who looked likely. The problem for Morris was that he needed a good pair of halves to set him up and run off. Morris is twice the fullback that Beale is.

By having Beale at fullback instead of Morris is weaking fullback, which is a more important position.

I have said before that I think Morris is too good for the wing and should either be playing fullback or give him a run in the left center when Coops retires. I think that Green or Cummins could cover wing this year. 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

:lol: 
cpr_89

cpr_89

LOL@50UFF$ team

1) Greg Inglis
2) Nathan Merritt
3) Dylan Farrell
4) Beau Champion
5) Andrew Everingham
6) John Sutton
7) Adam Reynolds
8) Sam Burgess
9) Issac Luke
10) Roy Asotasi
11) Chris McQueen
12) Ben Te'o
13) Ben Lowe

Interchange:
14) Nathan Peats
15) Michael Crocker (c)
16) Bryson Goodwin
17) George Burgess
18) Dave Tyrrell
19) Luke Keary
20) Dylan Walker
21) Jason Clark
22) Justin Hunt 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

http://forums.rleague.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Devout Saint
1 B Morris
2 Nightingale
3 Chase Stanely
4 Coops
5 Green or Cummins
6 Fien (I would rather Kyle, but he is injured)
7 Drinkwater (I have not seen him, but lets find out if he is our answer this year)

NO NO NO NO

CTRL ALT DEL

I'm not even going to say what i think of that.

Delete Delete Delete.. 
manolos

manolos

To be expected...what a silly suggestion..No Beale...Why did we sign him????? 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Look champ, we've known for sometime your knowledge on Rugby League can be limited, but ffs, that backline would make baby Jesus weep. Probably best to stick to your day job of anti-Soward remarks on the internet. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

No Soward either. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

The Charity Shield jersey gets the :thumbs: 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

I didn't sign Beale and I would not have signed him. I said traight away that he was a sh*t signing. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

I hope he proves you wrong. I feel he personally may not be all that but alongside players around him he is going to go great.

But then again, i want Soward to have a rip snorter also. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Hoping Soward and Beale combine for the opening try :lol: 
MadMike

MadMike

Good luck, hope both teams come out injury free 
rumackay

rumackay

Of course you didn't sign Beale. You have nothing to do with who we sign and nobody cares if you would have signed him or not FFS. Call our players sh*t and you have no right to celebrate with the rest of us when we win games. I don't care if you don't like them or don't rate them as players - SUPPORT them or how dare you pretend to call yourself a supporter 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

lol, lol, lol, lol, lol. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

people were saying the same about Darius Boyd before he came ;) 
rumackay

rumackay

Of course, another intellectual gem. But don't stop there. Please, regale us with another fantastic tale from that superior football mind of yours :rolls: 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168