The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Dragons De-vour and Dissing Thread. (For the Dragons fans)

DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

Hey Jamie. Remember how I identified Michael Morgan after seeing him play against Manly and then heard had a big game against New Zealand the next week and I said that we should keep an eye on him and if he continues to impress then we should look to sign him. Then you bagged him and me for that quote. Well I can't help but notice a lot of people giving him a lot of wraps recently. He has certainally been doing a lot more than catching and passing. Have you noticed the wraps he is recieving? Can you ever admit that you are wrong Jamie?

By the way Jamie you certainally are not a gladiator. lol More like a gladiolus. lol 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Searching for credibility is a sign of desperation. Get off your knee's and stop begging. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

What you can't admit that I am right too? 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

There was no mention of whether your right or wrong. The "i'm good, just ask me" approach is comical.. 
Maximus89

Maximus89

Daniel Mortimer and Tim Smith also had a few good games and got all the wraps. 
saints

saints

Whenever I hear a rumour I always check with you first DS ... ;) 
stanleyg

stanleyg

wonders who DS checks with then or did he work out Soward was no good all by himself????? If so that may explain things.:popcorn: 
manolos

manolos

Your not Serious re Mortimer....hows he better than soward... 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

This has to be sarcasm right. Who in their right mind would want Mortimer unless it was the 2009 model ;) 
manolos

manolos

Cue D.S telling us how much better a player Mortimer is compared to Soward. *facepalm*[violin] 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

Yeh I am serious. As I said I remember his 09 form. He has got ticker, heart, balls, all things that Soward doesn't have. Mortimer has got good defence, he certainally doesn't hide in defence. Soward hides in defence and his defence is shit. Mortimer will go to the line and draw and comit defenders and throw a late good ball to put a runner through a hole, something Soward is too afraid to do. I am not sure if Mortimer is a halfback, I thought he was ging to be a halfback in 09 and I have Kyle penciled in as our 5/8. Mortimer will go to the line and put a grubber in goal too, Soward won't. Soward is a pussy, Mortimer isn't. I would obviously much prefer Mortimer over Soward.

I am certainally not being sarcastic.

I don't understand how you all can be so ignorant about Soward being a pussy, while so many other people can see it. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Haha I still remember Parramatta announcing his re-signing at Parra City Hall. What a sideshow that was. Mortimer has done nothing, ever. 
manolos

manolos

"Soward is a pussy, Mortimer isn't. I would obviously much prefer Mortimer over Soward.

I am certainally not being sarcastic.

I don't understand how you all can be so ignorant about Soward being a pussy, while so many other people can see it." Devout Saint[/QUOTE]

..............................................................................................................................................................................................
How you could call anyone by that derogatory title who plays 1st grade is beyond me.
You should be ashamed of yourself. Bagging our players out........... and you consider yourself a supporter of our club. Yes, this year has been tough, but there's no need to sink down to this level. 
stanleyg

stanleyg

Soward has had his problems like every player in the Dragons line up.
We have had flash in the pan brilliance from players , ball hogs, on field discipline problems with silly even stupid penalties at times.
Soward has had great attack skills but offest them by swiss cheesy defence.
He has however worked hard on his defence and his attack skills have suffered.
To partially agree with DS Soward had a crappy 2012 season and injuries.
If he gets his act together in 2013 he will more than justify his place in the side. 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

C'mon DS, deep down I know that you are truely in love with Sowie; sort of a love/hate relationship. Now that you can write that Mortimer would be better suited for the Dragons than Sowie, I know that you're joking! But keep it up as it amuses me and gives me something to read while I await 2013, actually 2014. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

Soward's defence is still SHIT. But you think that it has improved. lol But how would someone's attack suffer if their defence improved unless they became a tackling machine and had no energy left to attack when we had the ball and that certainally was not the case with Soward. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

could be worse we could still have Barrett playing for us. I still think he was one of the if not the most overrated 5/8 in the comp during his time here where he never delivered for the dragons. But seemed to always be free for Rep duty when Dragons needed him more at that time. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Mortimer drifted out of the 1st grade parra side and played for Wentworthville.

He left Parra, played for Easts and has been playing also in the NSW Cup for Newtown.

Not what i would call in high 1st grade demand.

Soward on the other hand had high praise from the best coach in the world. Bennett, if you failed to know who i was talking about. He has been part of a Grand Final winning team and this win was highly due to him and his ability.

You say we are blind in not seeing what you have tried repeatedly to serve us with Soward.

Why is it that we don't see it. I believe it's because we like him rather than you.

Soward plays a style of football that you despise, he plays a style that actually has many merits. Untouchable in attack. This isn't a bad thing, we want our smaller players to not get smashed. This ensures that they remain injury free from cheap shots that get placed on them.

You may think that you have a eye for seeing talent or seeing something wrong in a players persona. DS, i won't doubt that there is some ability in your vision, in your ability to read the game.

BUT.

You have such a poor ability to understand the fine delicate balance that is required to ensure a TEAM stays a team. One day i suggest you consider getting involved in coaching, get right down there among the heart of a team. The emotion, the sweat, the blood, the pain of a person.

THEN you'll see every single facet of every small decision that gets made and what affect it has or the entire structure. It's quiet amazing how often you want to wipe the game board free of it's plan.

Anyone who thinks that they have something to offer needs to be open that you also have something to learn by others. Be closed by the others and you become a arrogant, selfless person who will be eaten by their own rage, there own hatred. Just read what others write, listen to what other say and one day it will also make sense. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

As I previously said. There are many others who can see that Soward is a pussy and that is being kind to him, I could use another word to describe him which is more apt, but more derogatory and starts with C. What I find so puzzeling here is that no one else on this site seems to acknowledge or chooses to ignor that Soward is a pussy. Yes I have given up trying to show you all, but 2 people questioned me as to how is Mortimer better than Soward, so I responded.

I thought Mortimer was going to be a great player when he first came into first grade and so did many others. Maybe he will not become a great player, but playing for Parra over 10 and 11 didn't help his cause and he only played a few games for Easts this year in first grade. I also thought Soward was going to be a great player when I saw him playing Flegg, but I have obviously changed my mind. The thing that Mortimer has going for him that Soward doesn't is ticker, heart, guts and balls. 
stanleyg

stanleyg

Now I know DS is not credible .
Sowards defence was "SH*TE". so much so the opposition were using him as a safe highway to the Dragons line.
Beau Scott was then used by joining him to sowards hip in defence to plug the hole.
I said Soward has "worked hard on his defence" so much so that if you actually watch Dragons recent games you will note that He is in fact making tackles on his "OWN" and even stopping opposition attacks.
In the same period however his attacking play has not been there and not getting the results he used to.
Guess its hard to work on one part of your play like attack when the rest of your team is also not doing their bit.
Until the last game of the season when it came to attack the whole team showed no innovation or zest in attack so its hard to bag soward when 12 other players arent delivering either.
DS however appears to be one to step up to the plate and blame the poor season on Soward. 
manolos

manolos

Well Said stanley... I am starting to think that DS is a Troll...He is baiting all of us....Of course he knows more than all of us collectively on this forum.... It was amusing in the start... now its like hearing fingers down a chalk board. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

I certainally am not baiting any of you, I could say that others are baiting me when they say things like how is Mortimer better than Soward. I have attempted to show you all things that you all don't see or choose to ignor, but you would rather accuse me of being a troll. lol

I am a big fan of Kyle and want to see him play 5/8 with a top halfback. I also want us to sign Bellamy and to make top player signings. Matt Scott would be top signing, I would like us to sign Pearce to play half with Kyle 5/8. I hope that Drinkwater turns out to be the top halfback we have been crying out for for the last 30 years. I like Brett Morris and think he is too good for the wing and prefer to see him playing either fullback or center. I am a big Cooper fan and think that he has got better with age untill last year, but next year will definently have to be his last year. I would like us to sign Papalii next year for 2014, I would like us to sign Tarique Simms when he come off contract next time, I would like us to sign Linnett. 
Maximus89

Maximus89

Maybe because nobody who plays 150 NRL games is a pussy. If he was a pussy, he never would have gotten into 1st grade, let alone played so much. 
manolos

manolos

Well said Maximus...Cue devout Saint 
saints

saints

Morts might go OK with us. Who knows ? 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Preliminary FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
seaeagles - nothing sensible to say ,you poor excuse for a human fastwater! get a brain & you will be dangerous!
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181