The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Dragons De-vour and Dissing Thread. (For the Dragons fans)

saints4me

saints4me

I can't believe people here are so resigned to letting Soward go. How many games has he won for us with his general kicking and goal kicking? So he doesn't take the line on as often as some here would want? Would you if you were his size? Bennett used Soward the right way - and went a long way to finally win us a GF.
Who kicked that field goal in the preliminary final against the West Tigers in 2010 that got us in that GF??
And now we seem to be happy to let him go? I for one will be really pissed off at the club if they do let him go. We're not exactly going too well at the moment and you want our one strike player to leave??
I think there's something happening at the club that's not being let on. My take....
1) Soward and Price really don't get on.
2) I'm actually wondering if we are fully using our cap allowance on players. I'm wondering if it's deliberate cause we're not finanacially as strong as the club would want us to believe. 
Maximus89

Maximus89

There is only 1 person that would be happy to see him go, and that is Trent. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

I don't get how you like a player who is scared to put his body on the line for St George, like he is a protected species. This is tackle football. All he does is kick the ball, he is a 5/8 who is too scared to set play up properly, watch. That is my biggest problem, no ofloads, no late balls to runners then getting hit and no repete sets from grubbers. 
stanleyg

stanleyg

we had Beau scott out wide covering for soward in defence and finally he is getting his act together and his defence has improved a lot.
He now needs to get involved in attack a lot more.
We do need either a good half or 5/8th at the club. Moving soward to half could be a good move or buy a good half that will create opportunities for soward at 5/8th 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

Buy a half and give K Stanly a go at 5/8 which is the position he played during his junior career. Stanley can kick goals and he is not afraid to comit defenders or provide offloads. I would actually go big for Thurston next year, I know he is getting near the end of his career but he is the best half and probably the best player in the game, but I doubt he will leave Nth Qld.
We have been playing with no natural playmakers for the last 4 years, all Soward wants to do is kick and pass far enough away from the defense to make sure he doesn't get hit, many people say he doesn't take on the line or run enough and I say he can't set play up.
You say he has to get more involved, people have been saying these things for years, why do they expect him to start doing things now when he hasn't for years. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Is it just me seeing it or is Kyle Stanley a ball hog. I've never seen him pass to his winger.. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

Stanley and Young never pass

Cooper used to never pass, he's not bad these days 
Maximus89

Maximus89

3 try assists last night, but you are right, rather than set up tries he should just run the ball 40 times a game. Merrin took 19 hit-ups last night, maybe he should be 5/8th? 
Maximus89

Maximus89

No it's not just you. 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

Soward is not a play maker more so an opportunist. For him to shine he relies on go forward from his big blokes & hooker but also relies heavily on Hornby to set up plays. If Hornby is having an off day so will Soward; he cant step in his shoes, it seems. 
Maximus89

Maximus89

What half doesn't rely on go forward? Cronk and Thurston are meant to be the 2 best halves in the world, but 2 straight origin games and they have done nothing after their forwards have been dominated. 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

Relies on Hornby is the key message here! 
stanleyg

stanleyg

so it comes back to hornby being a good fullback but an average half.
With the forwards the Dragons had to let go we dont have to pack combination at the moment for hornby or soward to provide our attack with momentum. 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

Yep, a good fullback, average half; lets not forget that he is red/white thru & thru AND a great club captain. 
stanleyg

stanleyg

He is red/white thru n thru and a great club captain to but in reality those talents wont win you games without a united team behind you. at the moment the dragons are playing like a team of individuals 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

Agreed. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Fairly simply. the desire to win just isn't there. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

2012 is looking really good at the moment and if we win us bunnies fans would know that we beat 15 other clubs for the title unlike 2010 where one team where strip off all there points, can't really claim that but hey I guess you would with you guys choking every year :) 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

what other option was there. The storm were so good because they were well over the cap for several years. If it wasn't for that being uncovered you would not have Inglis now. Since we are going down that road we could look at the rabbitohs record when they reach finals during the last few decades and on one of those occasions they were minor premiers ;) 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

I have been very fustrated watching us for a long time, even when Bennett was here and we were leading the comp I wasn't happy with our style of play. Yes I did enjoy winning and that is the main thing, but I still wasn't happy. I was never confident about us winning a comp with the halves we had and still have. I remember before the 10 grand final, thinking if we had Pearce and Carney in our side I would ahve been a lot more confident. yes I know we won, but I am just saying that I wasn't confident and why. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

I certainally agree with the part that we desperately need to go in another direction. I keep saying we need a new 5/8, a new coach as Price is trying to continue the Bennett philosophy, we also need a coach who can attract top quality players to our club and we desperately need a new recruitment officer who can sign good players and who player agents like dealing with, because I have heard that the player agents don't like dealing with Craig Young, they have said that he is a bit gruff and the buck stops with the CEO. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

http://ttupress.org/Images/productimages/books/9780896723399.jpg

I have the utmost sympathy for alot of Souths fans as they have really been through the ringer with what there team has delt with for many years but some Souths posters here are not representing there clubs supporter base too well at all.
Your arrogant and obviously will crash and burn hard if your team doesn't make it.
Sore looser is a term always used, i would prefer to use the term arrogant winner in this case. Ensure you wear a parachute as your over inflated attitude is going to crash and burn hard if they don't take out the big one. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

You can't base Souths fans based on Rsag85.

But to be fair you did create a bit of a troll thread in the dragons vs Souths thread. After creating a thread like that you have to expect some backfire post comments when the team was given a hiding. 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

I'm afraid that 2013 will be a shocker for the REDV. With Scott going, Young retiring, with Hornby, Cooper & Fien running on '1 year older legs', a rooky Coach at 1st grade level, no cash it seems to purchase top level players but only relying on good, promising youngsters to replace all those experienced players who have left over the last two years we will be contenders for the spoon until these youngsters attain the experience. The problem with that is we could lose them also when their contracts come to an end post 2014. I would love to see some top purchases in 2013. 
stanleyg

stanleyg

we should be right as long as they have those more experiencede youngsters signed up/
OUr halves set up does need addressing. The Stanley boys can hopefully get through a season injury free and we will have Weyman back on deck.
Our coach will also have had a season to gain top grade experience.
If after 2 seasons Coach Price doesnt offer up an improvement though I hope they dont perservere with him like they did with Brown. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
ALX21 - Law-Cobbo, Turnbull, Dixon, Nagas and Conway were the best for the Probables, while Renouf, Burns, Cox, Simpson, Trindall, Fifita and McC...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181