The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Do We Want Dugan?

Marcus1979

Marcus1979

The Telegraph is reporting that we are one of clubs heavily Rumored to be after Dugan. What I am wondering is do we want him. My answer is a firm NO.

He would be overpriced compared to the benefits
He is always injured

He is Toxic and with such a young squad he would have the effect that could ripple through the entire squad. 
View all 48 comments
stanleyg

stanleyg

people do change but obviously he hasn't if he didn't think before putting a contract with the Broncos at risk 
alchemist

alchemist

i think any club prepared to take on Dugan now should do so on a reduced contract and obviously not the $600K+ a season quoted in the papers... should he prove himself and stay out of trouble, the deal should also then include a ballooning salary and/or bonuses for the subsequent years of the deal

even then, Dugan is quite a risk... for example, Mason was seen as a toxic influence at both the Dogs and Roosters but his teammates loved him and supported him even when the clubs in question released him... Carney was the epitome of a problem child but his Canberra teammates wanted the club to keep giving him chances... for mine, the worst mark against Dugan is that his Raiders teammates wanted him gone... there has to be a serious issue there if your own teammates want to see the back of you, will not re-sign with the club if you remain on the roster 
manolos

manolos

Well said Alchemist. We have enough problems without adding Dugan to the list. Someone like Bennett would probably be able to keep him in line. We should save the 500K for a decent halfback. 
Maximus89

Maximus89

Give him a 1 year (with an option in our favour), heavily incentive-based deal and see how he goes. If he still thinks he can get big money, he can go overseas.

If he signs and still acts like a wanker, sack him. I couldn't care less if he abuses a few people on twitter. Most of them deserve it anyway. 
Maroubranos

Maroubranos

No'p. The kid needs to learn a lesson in life. Let him go to Super League to rebuild his career. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

His stock has dropped dramatically and we have a lot more leverage now. That is, if the NRL will allow it. It's still worth considering but as always got to see the terms. Can make it something like what Max said. Maybe we can get in touch with the place the Bulldogs sent Barba to, I hear they're pretty good ;-) 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

seems double standards. Remember when Robbie Farah did it to dragons fans and the media painted him as some kind of angel, yet when Dugan does it they make it sound like he is a serial killer :lol:

Not defending him just noting the double standards. 
saints

saints

Yep - he's just a misunderstood kid ... ;) 
saints

saints

I reckon a fair contract for him would be good. We shouldn't try to rip him off when he's in such a position. That won't work.

A fair offer with an option to upgrade in 12 months - but conditions. 
knitey

knitey

Desperate times call for desperate measures........are the Dragons that desperate? 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

If we do take take him I hope there is massive provisions involved.

I say one strike and he is out for starters :) 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Haha, Knights were only too happy to sign Gagai and Leilua. 
knitey

knitey

Big Difference Wata, and you know it....Dugan has no brains, and appears to show no remorse for his actions. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

neither does Mason :lol: 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Not much difference at all, got sacked for multiple indiscretions and got another chance almost straight away because he's young and talented. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Wata whats your opinion of us chasing Carney? 
cpr_89

cpr_89

He'll re-sign with the Sharks, well unless something dramatic happens and changes that. If we're in the picture then I hope we can make them pay as much as possible for him. 
reesy

reesy

Price doesn't need that, he's under enough pressure already without bringing in a wild child. Plus doesn't really fix anything and then we risk losing some of those young fellas you guys have mentioned previously.

Desperate times call for desperate measures........are the Dragons that desperate?[/QUOTE] 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

yes. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Not interested.

NRL will deregister the dickhead anyway. 
annav3

annav3

dragons should go after the fullback that played for West tigers today in NSW Cup, Sean Meaney, he goes alright this guy 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

We have a promising fullback. I don't think it's a position we need to hunt another player for. With Quinlan and Cummins sniffing around we can also always place Morris, Nightgale and now Soward there. (LOL at that last suggestion) 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

why is pricy putting all these weird players in Fullback is he losing confidence in Beale? 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Remember he put Flo in at fullback was it last week or week before? 
Stooge007

Stooge007

we should get Clint Greenshields back. he's in Australia and isn't getting NRL time. he's a machine 
SumfnKrishy

SumfnKrishy

Dont think we need him, not unless he can sort out his baggage,

Definitely dont need to throw the kitchen sink at him, money can be spent elsewhere...resignings, heard Poore is looking to come back, why not?

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181