The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013/14 Contract Signing: Player Movements, rumours etc...To Date.

Tobin

Tobin

Gee, sailor, he onced said this club can not play football, but suppose when your desperate any one will do.:wave: 
GodzIlla

GodzIlla

Except Chris Beattie. Thankfully we'll never be that desperate. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

what has happened to muttdon lately? i would've thought he would be playing PL at least, i never saw him in any teams... 
Tobin

Tobin

You have already, signing that drug cheat sailor, and the one who bagged your club,know if that's not desperation, real proud club.
real role model for your peanut club.dont fool yourself:tears: :wave: 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Ohh Tobin tobin tobin, you are such a big cock....

The highlight of your day is getting up on the fence and yelling out every morning, the rest of the day you just pick at the ground and take whatever scraps are offered to you because you cannot produce your own goods.

Kinda like your club and you hey... :chicken: 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Another forum are throwing around these names as speculative rumours..

Stuart Flanagan and Kirk Reynoldson, both sound good to me.. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

whos flanagan? 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

A season to remember for Wests Tigers Young Guns
Thu October 26, 2006
Source: http://www.weststigers.com.au/ www.weststigers.com.au[/COLOR]

Shannon McDonnell, Stuart Flanagan and Ben Jeffery look back on the past 12 months with a wide smile.

Things have moved that fast for these young rugby league players that they have to pause for a moment to think what a rapid progression they have made.

This time last year McDonnell was sitting his HSC exams at Mt Carmel High School in Campbelltown, Flanagan had not long finished playing country football, and Jeffery was looking for more opportunities in his league career.

Today, all three are first grade players with the Wests Tigers and can now add Australian Junior Kangaroos to their growing resume.

The junior Kangaroos, essentially an U20 team, were beaten 48-18 at the Telstra Dome in Melbourne by an open age New Zealand Invitational team that included Wests Tigers players Bronson Harrison and Rangi Chase.

Wests Tigers Recruitment Manager Warren McDonnell wore two hats at the match ? one as a club official and the other, as a proud parent.

"All of our players did well. They enjoyed the experience and will get far more out of it than the Kiwi side. It will hold them in good stead for the future,'' McDonnell said.

"The Kiwis were just too big, too strong and some of their players were much older than our boys. The good news for Wests Tigers was that none of our players were injured.''

The McDonnell family enjoyed the occasion, as did Shannon. Twelve months ago, he was busy studying. Don't forget this was the same young kid who just weeks earlier, was on standby for the Wests Tigers team for the grand final despite just one first grade game under his belt.

Twelve months on and Shannon has played in a World Club Challenge game, played 14 games for the Wests Tigers, and represented his country. He was also named the Wests Tigers Rookie of the Year.

"It has been a big year," Shannon admits.

"When I look back on it, it has gone pretty quickly but it was slow when I was doing it all. It has been a good, tough year, and a lucky year for me.

"I had a great time in camp in Melbourne. Apart from getting to know the rest of the boys, we also had a training session with the senior Australian team, followed by an opposed game of us against them.

"Just to see how professional they are and what they do really opens your eyes. Ricky Stuart also spoke to us and a few of the senior players were on hand to present our jerseys.

"I just want to go on with it from here. Now that I have had a taste of what you need to do to get into the Australian squad, it motivates you even more.''

As for Flanagan, he thought his league career was finished this time last year. After playing SG Ball and Jersey Flegg for the Western Suburbs Magpies, Flanagan returned home to Cooma to look after his sick mum.

Upon returning, the doors were all but closed for him at the Magpies, so he finished the season playing for the Narellan Jets in the Group 6 competition.

After one game for the Magpies in Premier League, a chat with Warren McDonnell led to him signing on as a Wests Tigers Apprentice, a program introduced for 2006 to fast track the careers of potential first graders.

Flanagan bided his time, playing in the Balmain Ryde Eastwood Premier League team. He was then called up to make his first grade debut for the Wests Tigers in round three to share the hooking duties with another debutante in Isaac De Gois.

By season end, Flanagan had a NSW U19 jersey in the cupboard and played seven games for the Wests Tigers. He can now add the Junior Kangaroos jumper to his collection.

"It was a bit different pulling on that Kangaroos jersey. Just to wear it was a great feeling, especially when you think of the players who have pulled the jersey on in the past," Flanagan said.

"It has been an awesome ride. To go from playing bush football, to part-time training, to getting a taste of first grade, and then to pull on a junior Australian Kangaroos jersey has been pretty special.''

Jeffery, too, has to pinch himself about the past 12 months. Despite taking out the SG Ball player of the year award, limited opportunities in the St George-Illawarra Jersey Flegg side saw Jeffery accept an offer to come to Concord Oval.

Placed in the Wests Tigers full-time squad, Jeffery proved to be a revelation for the Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers in Premier League, scoring more than 20 tries.

His good form led to a NSW U19 jersey and eventually, a chance to make his first grade debut with the Wests Tigers in the round 21 match against Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium, where he went on to score a try.

"It has been a good year for me," Jeffery said.

"To cap it off with a junior Australian Kangaroos jersey was a good feeling. I enjoyed the experience.''

As for the future, all three are locked away for the next few years with the Wests Tigers.

"People have got to remember that all three can still play Jersey Flegg next year,'' added Warren McDonnell.

"They have come on in leaps and bound and we are very pleased with them.''

News sent by: http://www.weststigers.com.au/ www.weststigers.com.au[/COLOR]

New contracts for rising Wests Tigers stars
Tue April 4, 2006
Source: http://www.weststigers.com.au/ www.weststigers.com.au[/COLOR]

Wests Tigers have signed two promising young players in Stuart Flanagan and Keith Eshman to new two-year contracts.

Flanagan has played two first grade games at hooker for Wests Tigers after making his debut against the Warriors in round three. A Western Suburbs Magpies junior, Flanagan is a product of the Wests Tigers Apprentice Program.

Eshman is a fine young centre with the Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers. Eshman was named the Balmain Tigers SG Ball and Jersey Flegg Best and Fairest player of the year in 2005.

The new contracts mean Flanagan and Eshman will be at the club until the end of the 2008 season. 
Guvner

Guvner

I believe Stuart Webb may have signed with us. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

No confirmation or announcements but WORL forum poster says we have signed Stuat Webb (hooker for Roosters/Souths)

I'll await the official words before i believe it...
Adding text : sorry Guv, i didn't see you mention it till later.. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

we really need more depth in the forwards 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Jermey Smith would be a great signing.

and lol at TOBIN and his posts which ooze with desperation. I have a new found affinity for Anderson since he came and went from your so-called club - in your 100th year no less when Souths stole all your limelight. :tears: :tears: :tears:

LOL 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Hang on which Jeremy Smith are we getting?

I've just noticed there are 2 of them, lol....wow.. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

the one from the storm is the one being speculated. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

And does he always have brain farts like he did on the g/f?

Good player yes. Is this his 1st NZ test call up?

If so can we afford him now. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

agree

however, we need some depth in the forwards, real bad 
SonicStar

SonicStar

In the SMH today it said you guys signed Stuart Webb from Souths.
Enjoy. 
GodzIlla

GodzIlla

Sonic... can you list his pros/cons for us by any chance?

I thought he looked promising early on at the Roosters, played in at least one of their grand final teams I'm sure. Solid, tough, good defender, though not especially skilful and prone to both suspension and injury. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Sure.
PROS: Stronger defender, can put a big hit in aswell. Has a good kicking game out of dummy half most times.
CONS: Can't pass a football from left to right, He often throws shocking balls that misses the target. Can make stupid decision when in attack.

If your going to use him in first grade use him as a lock and not hooker.
Unless he fixes his passes from dummy half.
If you have Woolford next year use him at hooker and your correct, He does get injured and gives away penalties.
He was part of the dead wood we needed to cut. 
GodzIlla

GodzIlla

Cheers for that. Now you say it I do recall some passing woes.

We'll have to see what happens. Our hooker situation is still unclear. Webb is not 100% confirmed, Woolford may retire, Ellis is off contract and has not yet been re-signed. The only definites are Tony Caine and Brad Davidson. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

:help: 
GodzIlla

GodzIlla

hahaha yeah I know. Early days yet. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

If we don't re-sign Ellis then we truly are a bunch of *****. 
MisterT

MisterT

Dean Young can play Hooker and so can Rangi Chase. Rangi should definately be 5/8 next year since Gaz has advised us that the 5/8 experiment is over. 
QldDragons

QldDragons

At last we have an actual signing to talk about. In todays Rugby League Week the Dragons are reported to have signed Jardine Bobongie from North Sydney's Premier League team.

I have no idea who he is or how he goes but I taped the Premier League Grand Final and will now have a reason to watch it.
Does anyone know anything about him? The article does not say what position he plays, just that he is a hard runner and the player of the year from his team. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181