The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013/14 Contract Signing: Player Movements, rumours etc...To Date.

MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

I read that Justin Smiths manager was talking with Dragons officials, but i also read that the cowboys have made a offer to him.....

Don't know why we need him, hes moderatly ok i guess, he has got better since leaving us anyways. 
twinkletoeGAZ

twinkletoeGAZ

I think the pack needs more depth...

Whats the latest on signings contracts, players for next year and onwards? 
Dragonheart

Dragonheart

Todd Byrne is available, and would be quite cheap. He could be our 'Albert Torrens' for 08....good cover for Gaz and Coops as well as wing. Not having a state league side could be a hinderance to us having guys like that as back ups though. 
GodzIlla

GodzIlla

Jeremy Smith from the Storm is the only really solid rumour going at the moment, been going a while though.

At the Manly post-game press conference Brownie indicated their would be some signings over the next 1 - 2 weeks. 
MisterT

MisterT

Saints really only need to but a couple of forwards to make up the loss or Sims, Houston, etc. The backs are fine with Nightingale, Morris x2 and Lett playing for 2 wing spots. Coops, Stanley and Gaz for Centre, Gaz and Chase 5/8, Soward and Head for the Half back spots and Morris and Hornby Fullback.

Young, Creagh and Scott make the back row, Poore (who is the most ill disciplined player in the NRL), Hunt who is better than Poore and Ryles props, Chase, Ellis and Germ at hooker.

Peek should be retained for a bench spot as he was a great back up option. Setu and Thorby should also imprve next season.

Realistically Saints have a great side it's how they perform that is the problem. With Browny at the helm expect more ill discipline, lack of attacking ideas, and plenty of post match comments stating how "The effort was there but we lacked execution at times". Umm, he used that excuse early on and kept using it up until round 25. Obviously he knew the problem but could not fix it.

If there was any year Browny should of slapped a player it was this season.

Poore and Payne were the best at giving away a penalty in the opposition half on the 4th or 5th tackle only to put the Dragons under more pressure.

If Saints were to get players I would see if they can get a release for Barrett to make his return, or get Scott Hill to come back to the NRL. Use Scott Hill like the do germ. Provide some experience in that position. Get Gaz a year with Scott Hill and he will become a gem of a 5/8. Go for Justin Smith and Tony Puletua as I think he is on the outer at Penrith. If so he would be an awesome buy. Also they should attempt to bring back Holdsworth from the Dogs. He would also be good back up.

Saints just need players to fill up the bench spots. If they have good players on the bench then it may make the players play harder in fear of losing their positions. Some players made some bad mistakes this season but were never dropped for a week so they kept on doing the same error. 
GodzIlla

GodzIlla

We differ on opinion here. A good run with injuries and our top 17 is capable of an excellent season. 
MisterT

MisterT

I agree Godz but an injury free season would be impossible.

Coops and Creagh are due for long injuries next season.

Giving Rangi Chase and Soward a full offseason and they can develope into a great halves combo. They can only get better. If Gaz is the oreferred choice then put Rangi at Hooker to provide some spark in defence as Gaz will be targetted and Chase can then carve them up. 
Tobin

Tobin

I've heard the titans are after chase. Has he resigned with the dragons. 
GodzIlla

GodzIlla

Rangi is under contract til the end of 08. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

any word on signings anyone? 
Tobin

Tobin

WHY? the club has had the best roster for the last say 7 years and failed. Got one of the best junior areas the illawarra region and still can not prosper with this advantage. Your club does have one great asset, their the biggest WHINGERS 
jpizanias

jpizanias

I've heard they are talking to Kosta Kouparitsas from the bulldogs, Nick's younger brother. He is a big strong back rower/ prop who from all reports is a better player than his brother. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Yeah i have read that on here that he is being sought after.. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

I have a incling that we are going to sign a player who is still in a side that is running for the finals, which is why we haven't heard anything yet..

That player has more important things to focus on.. 
GodzIlla

GodzIlla

Yeah we're being suffocated by the silence at the moment.

How impressive was Jeremy Smith yesterday btw. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Would be a asset..

I still say fui fui Moi Moi... 
MisterT

MisterT

It will probably be a player in the lower grades and not first grade knowing our luck. 
BLAIN91

BLAIN91

how many signings do you guys need? because ive seen that your losing a fair few fowards, and you havent bought anyone. 
Guvner

Guvner

Will be.... 
Tobin

Tobin

does'nt matter who you sign or who stays, this club has failed badly, always blaming injuries, players that you have lost, referring, nathan brown must go, when you are winning brown is suppose to be the best, you supporters and the club have used up all excuses under the sun. :tears: 
GodzIlla

GodzIlla

lol the unfortunate Roosters supporter. It must suck to support a team whose relevance inside their own city fades further with each passing season. Souths have made you their poor cousin within one year of the new owners taking over. Good luck with the rapidly declining Mark O'Meley next year, Easts transit lounge in full effect.

PS. Thanks for Jamie Soward. 
Tobin

Tobin

Wake up to your self fool, truth hurts, you have one of the biggest and best junior areas and still can not prosper from this advantage. The dragons were lucky the steelers were around to merge with. it's this region that has kept this club afloat. The dragons were in the hunt for o'meley and offered slightly more but he knocked it back, as for soward, no lose, he had his chances in first grade and failed, as you will see next year, he is very inconsistant, he will play 2 great games and go missing for 6 games. The only thing your club has not whinged at is the weather, but this will be their goal for 08 to blame the weather for their losers.:tears: 
GodzIlla

GodzIlla

Yep the truth sure does hurt, I can see the steam emanating from your posts. I've got no problems with the merger, a little foresight is a wonderful thing. Perhaps the Roosters should look a little further down the road and peer into their own future. It'll probably look something like http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Gosford,+NSW,+Australia&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title THIS... 
Stooge007

Stooge007

our forward pack still looks solid next year

Poore
Woolford/Ellis/Chase
Ryles
Scott?
Young
Creagh

Setu
Thorby
Peek?
Sailor?
Smith? 
GodzIlla

GodzIlla

Dan Hunt is one you left out. Chase Stanley is destined for the backrow sooner or later.

Also some more young players coming through that may see first grade in Matt Prior, Matt Mundine and Luke Muttdon. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181