The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013/14 Contract Signing: Player Movements, rumours etc...To Date.

Syren

Syren

Can't keep them all I guess, Ross also played Origin after he left Dragons, but when you have Ryles and Bailey around at the time, it wasn't a hard decision.

Jeremy Smith will be a nice addition, we are still a bit light on the front rowers though. 
MisterT

MisterT

Smoking Joe Gulavao and Tony Puletua would be good to get since they are unwanted by their clubs. They would be great additions to the Dragons.

Gulavao was awesome at the Panthers.

Get rid of Browny and get Lang who can then possibly get these 2 guys on Board and the Dragons (being their ex coach) and the Dragons would be a great side in 2008. Their pack would be enormous.

Getting Pulatua would ease some of the pain of losing Bailey. Not all but some....... 
Stooge007

Stooge007

Gulavao is currently on a $300k contract. doubt we could afford that.

don't know what Puletua is on, but agreed that they would be awesome signings! 
GodzIlla

GodzIlla

Galuvao is a plodder these days, would sign for absolute minimum wage only. Puletua's form has been inconsistent for 3 years and would be a gamble at his price. Tbh if he was playing as well as Beau Scott is, Penrith would not be dumping him. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

Priddis and Germ though? 
twinkletoeGAZ

twinkletoeGAZ

+ Ellis 
Syren

Syren

I don't think Woolford has improved our squad or from what we have seen so far. Priddis will be good but like how much... 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Woolford is with us next year, yes. I just look at him and await him to bring out the spinach tin.:lol: 
Guvner

Guvner

I wouldnt put hard earned on that.;) 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

I think Ellis is all we need imo.

Not that it means alot but he is contracted till end of 08. 
Guvner

Guvner

Dont rule out a retirement. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

Germ has been a bit hit and miss this season

Ellis provides alot more spark

Priddis would be nice though 
DRAGON4LIFE

DRAGON4LIFE

i think ur all missing one part of the germs game ... his xperience... he has add 200+ games of experience... he has been the leader we needed duew to injuries of our trio of caps... when cooper has been missing has well... yeah he has been little hit n miss... but he has given the young halves chase and soward... some guidance... as well as being a mentor to ellis... 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

I think the signing of Woolford for this year and next was quite astute. His injury 10mins into that Newcastle game and subsequent sidelining for the following 6 or so weeks hurt us a team more than we like to think. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Chase Stanley who has extended his contract with the St George Illawarra Dragons for a further two years, keeping him at the club until the end of 2010.

Stanley, 18, scored a try with his first touch in NRL football earlier this year and in his 12 games to date has scored five tries to be equal second behind Matt Cooper as the club's leading try scorer.

The local junior was handed his NRL debut this season due to the injury crisis which engulfed the club and stamped himself a solid backline option and future star. With Mark Gasnier returning from a pectoral injury, Stanley will revert to the centres for tomorrow's clash with Penrith. 
twinkletoeGAZ

twinkletoeGAZ

:thumbs: Great News! 
Stooge007

Stooge007

he had an average game last night, but he's definitely got the goods to go on and become a great player!

i'd still rather see Gas in the centres, so that doesn't leave much room for Stanley, given the Morris will probably play wing, Hornby at #1

Stanley is only 18 though 
Syren

Syren

Plenty of time for Stanley, he's ahead of schedule now if it wasn't for our injuries etc he probably will be playing more PL than 1st Grade, but then the guy is 1st Grade ready so I'm happy with that. 
SomeGuy

SomeGuy

Tom Hewitt headed back to QLD to play for the Broncs next season. Confirmed 
Stooge007

Stooge007

Hewitt hasn't had much of an opportunity, and seems to be well behind Nightingale in the pecking order.

don't blame him for leaving. 
DRAGON4LIFE

DRAGON4LIFE

stanely is a great resigning ....
would do great goin back to the un 20s comp and playin 1st grade when theres an injury to gaz whom id like to see back in the centres or at origin time when both coops and gaz will be in the sky blue 
Stooge007

Stooge007

Stanley has definitely got a truckload of potential.

can't wait to see him with another year or 2 of experience under his belt 
twinkletoeGAZ

twinkletoeGAZ

Stanley looked like rubbish last game.. still waiting for some x factor from the young fella 
cpr_89

cpr_89

*bump*

i know there are quite a few who are leaving but yeah did they recruit anyone?

apart from sailor i guess.. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

we really need to re-sign Nightingale to a long term deal

he's got a big future ahead of him

don't know where to fit him in though???

Hornby
Morris
Gasnier
Cooper
Morris
Chase
Soward

Rangi Chase needs to stay in the #6 too imo. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181