The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013/14 Contract Signing: Player Movements, rumours etc...To Date.

Stooge007

Stooge007

^ unfortunately :(

how long did Nightingale sign for? 
GodzIlla

GodzIlla

To the end of 2008. 
SomeGuy

SomeGuy

Nightingale signed for two years, Setu & Thorby for 1 each. Stanley has resigned till 2010. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

Chase Stanley signed till 2010? when?

now we need to re-sign Rangi Chase and Ben Ellis 
GodzIlla

GodzIlla

Nah mang it was Thorby two years, Nightingale and Setu one each.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/static/article_2799.asp 
SomeGuy

SomeGuy

Sorry I was wrong you are right Godzilla. Pitty it wasnt two. 
Syren

Syren

A year is better than nothing, we can see how he can develop further and perhaps next year there will be some cap room to allow us sign him beyond 2008. 
MisterT

MisterT

The reason they probably did it 1 year was so that all players contracts can be spread out more to allow them to keep them. E.g if they all signed for 2 years then 2 years later if they all become stars it will be harder to keep. Where as uf Chases contact expires 1 year, then Nightigale and Satu the next the Ryles and Morris the one after it makes it easier to hold on to them.

Does this make sense or have I confused everyone? :roll:

If they resign Nightingale and Rangi next year to longer deals then what I typed up is what is happening, if not then I will concede that the Dragons mamangement is the dumbest in the league. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

As i was reading it i was thinking why i thought they done 12 months on him, and you got it right there Mister T and Syren. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

yep even though our current 17 are pretty green I can see them developing into a really good outfit. I honestly hope we can sign up all of these guys because I got a good feelin'...:thumbs: 
Syren

Syren

Even though we are not in finals contention yet, but lately the performances are much better and hopefully our youngsters will learn quickly make a real run at it in 2008 :) 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Even though realistically the finals are a long shot and probably out of our range, I'd just like to see us finish off the season strongly - hopefully we've done enough to avoid the spoon..!! 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

The difference between our previous teams is that our guys have become a great [U]team[/U] over a few months, and i use that word team strongly.

We haven't got superstars working alone playing togeather as a great lot of individual players, we have talented individuals working to become a wonderfull team.That's scary you know guys....

My gut is telling me Wests Tigers revisited. Maybe not in 07 but 2008. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

2008 looks promising at the moment

i think the roosters and panthers should be fighting it out for the spoon

we can still make the finals, but even if we did, we'd probly just scrape in and have to play Melbourne anyway 
Syren

Syren

This season might be a bit late but I am fully looking forward to 2008. 
twinkletoeGAZ

twinkletoeGAZ

A couple of wins and we will be in there with a chance....Warriors then Penrith... and our TEAM is playing well together, consistancy being the key.

my gut feeling says, just finish top eight. Those outside the top eight are all on a slide.... next year pushing top four if injuries are nicer. Surely we must be due for a good run of non injuries. 
MisterT

MisterT

Looking at the top 8 who would you think would drop out? Titans may be the only one imo and the Knights, Sharks and Warriors Are playing slightly better than the Dragons to take their spot it it becomes available.

Dragons may have left their run too late. They may miss out by 1 win.

If the Dragons can win all their remaining games then you would think they would definatly be in the 8.

Beating the Warriors this week will be very crucial to their season.

Dragons have to still play Cowboys, Dogs, Eels. Knights and Manly (at Brookie) which will be tough games. If they can win all those games then they deserve to be in the 8. 
novasaint

novasaint

Lulia has been snapped up by Newcastle Karnigits. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

we have Stanley and Nightingale who are much better than Lulia

even still, they (Jason and Chase) may not get a run, except for injuries/Origin:

Hornby
Morris
Gas
Coops
Morris
Chase
Soward 
Syren

Syren

No big deal but heck those Knights are thieves. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

Luke McDouggall
Chris Houston
Danny Wicks
Keith Lulia
Wes Naiqama

don't know how many of them will be playing 1st grade next year though. who have the Knights lost? 
Syren

Syren

A lot, like Woolnough, Perry are signed elsewhere. Tighe and other players I can't remember have been told to find another club, I think they are losing as many as they are gaining. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Newton & Johns gone too.

Lulia is no great loss either IMO. 
Dragonheart

Dragonheart

I was out having a few beers tonight, and talk of Jeremy Smith (Storm) signing with us is getting louder. One tough dude....and will be interested to see how he goes now he has earned a starting role in Storm's pack. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

Smith would be nice.

can't believe how much Brett White has flourished under Bellamy though! another Dragon that got away 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168