The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013/14 Contract Signing: Player Movements, rumours etc...To Date.

twinkletoeGAZ

twinkletoeGAZ

Did we re-sign Rota Setu
Think he is contracted till next year.. or did he go to the dogz:scratch: 
Stooge007

Stooge007

Mad Pup may be out for the season 
cpr_89

cpr_89

and no one cares. 
twinkletoeGAZ

twinkletoeGAZ

Aaron Gorrell
Clint Greenshields
Luke Bailey
Trent Barrett
Shaun Timmons
Colin Best

With the amount of people leaving at the end of last year, that is a lot of of different faces. A hell of a lot going and not so many coming in 
twinkletoeGAZ

twinkletoeGAZ

oh yeah Milliard and that...... or did miliard go the same year as Holdsworth?:scratch: 
GodzIlla

GodzIlla

None of Ndaira, Haberecht, Wheatley or Wynn have been higher than PL this year, and by spending so much on Millard the Dogs were unable to retain Karl McNichol. The cycle keeps spinning. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

It appears that most posters are settling in with the shuffling out the door of certain players and the whole doom and gloom wtf's for 08 are starting to turn into positive "hey this doesn't look so bad after all" posts.

As for the Setu's, no media stories have come about yet to mentioned anything.

Hornby,Morris, Cooper, Ryles, Creagh, Young & Gasnier and Poore (to a slightly lesser extent) look pretty good on paper written togeather as a teams roster but could the other names step up and be what we need to have a successful 2008 season ? 
Stooge007

Stooge007

that's the thing. we need to play as a [u]team[/u], for 80 mins each week 
TheChello

TheChello

I've watched most games of the Dragons this year and that comment has nailed it on the head. It's true for all sides but really has been noticeable with the Dragons this year. early in the season they jsut played dumb but in a few games recently they have played for 10-15 mins and look like the side that has promised so much over the past few years.

Felt like they might cause an upset last week and for the first 10-15 mins it looked on the cards but that was it...

I really can't understand how any team could mould a competitive side together with the amount of comings/goings/injuries that the Dragons have endured over the past few years. Brownie cops a lot of criticism, some warranted, some not but it must be extremely difficult to achieve anything in theis chopping/changing environment...

Missed the big Gaz this year, even being a rival supporter - just love to watch him play..... 
Stooge007

Stooge007

was Gas on the sidelines in Melbourne on the w/e?

i saw him at Westfield Miranda at about 10am on Sun morning. surely he should still be travelling with the team? maybe he flew down at lunch? 
MisterT

MisterT

Millard played last year in the Finals series against Manly. Filled in for Gaz and did an awesome job. He was a MASSIVE loss as was Holdsworth. 
GodzIlla

GodzIlla

Holdsworth is overrated. There's a reason why he's been in premier league the last month. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

yeah, but the Dogs probly paid more than we could have offered 
GodzIlla

GodzIlla

It's $4 mil now I'm pretty sure. And the Dogs are far from masters of the cap. As I've mentioned previously they've lost a talented youngster in Karl McNichol, not to mention established rep forwards Asotasi, O'Meley, Anasta and Myles. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

I got sent this email this morning and i had to look twice, does Mark gasnier have a sister?

What do you think?
http://imageshack.us http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/4952/340884jpghw7.jpg 
twinkletoeGAZ

twinkletoeGAZ

Gaz would like calfs like that! Whoa!

The widows peek runs in the family:D 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Another forum's member has another picture of Gaz.

This time he is spotted in a animated picture..

http://imageshack.us http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/5216/410voeferj3.jpg 
twinkletoeGAZ

twinkletoeGAZ

NEWS>>>>
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/now-saints-want-veteran-forward-fletcher/2007/06/30/1182624228830.html
HAVING offloaded some of their best young talent to rival clubs, St George Illawarra are now in the market for 33-year-old forward Bryan Fletcher.

The move follows the Dragons' decision to pursue former Wallaby Wendell Sailor, who is nearing the end of his two-year suspension for taking cocaine.

Coach Nathan Brown has phoned contacts at English Super League club Wigan, where Fletcher is playing out the last year of his contract, to see if he could contribute to the Dragons in 2008.

Brown's interest in players such as Fletcher and 32-year-old Sailor comes as the Dragons have lost, or are about to lose, Mathew Head, Luke MacDougall, Wes Naiqama, Danny Wicks, Richie Williams, Charles Leaneo and Ashton Sims.

Brown defended his decision to consider Fletcher, who was stripped of the Rabbitohs captaincy in the last year of his NRL career after a racial outburst directed at Dean Widders.

"We've looked at a lot of players, because there's a lot of good players in England," Brown said.

"We're just seeing who is over there and which players are interested in coming back.

"Bryan Fletcher's manager Steve Gillis mentioned that he is interested and we said, 'If he's interested, let us know'. But at the moment our hands are tied as far as finances go."

Fletcher was recently mentioned during a Police Integrity Commission inquiry examining the way police handled an alleged sexual assault case. He is not a suspect but was included in the investigation as a witness after he was photographed in the back of a taxi that took a young Finnish woman to a house in Sydney where she was allegedly assaulted in 2004.

Gillis confirmed the Dragons' interest but said Fletcher had his mind on more immediate matters.

"Bryan's basically one game away from the Challenge Cup final so he's pretty focused on things over there right now," he said.

"I'm 99 per cent sure he's going to come back, but I'm not 99 per cent sure he's going to play on. If the right deal comes along and he feels fit and happy to play, he'll play."

Brown has been inspired by the role 35-year-old Jason Smith has played with the Cowboys since returning from a Super League stint.

Smith's season has been affected by injury, but he's been a tremendous mentor for the young Cowboys.

"If we can find an older head to help out our younger players it would be good, but only older blokes that are keen and still have something to offer," Brown said.

"We don't want an older player who isn't any good any more and isn't going to contribute.

"We're looking around in lots of different areas and Fletch is obviously a name that has come up."

Brown confirmed the idea of having an old head to help guide young players was why Fletcher, Sailor, Souths prop Luke Stuart (30) and Melbourne second-rower Jeremy Smith (27) had all been considered. Stuart, however, is tipped to re-sign with South Sydney. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Fletcher..?? wtf?

Anyways I can't see Head playing another game for us, and Millard leaving last year was a godsend. Sims going is overdue too.

We just need a period of no injuries to settle into to something and have the same team playing every week. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

he was a good player when he was playing at the roosters and origin and all that, but so when he was at the bunnies, although that's probably because they sucked :lol:. hows his form now? is he past it?

it would be an ok signing, as long as he's playing for peanuts. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

I guess Fletcher would fit into that player i was asking for, one who can motivate a team by just doing his thing. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

how exactly is Millard a "massive" loss..?? Stanley, heck even Beau Scott in the centres, is a far better option than Millard - who, by the way, offered us nothing at all. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

i wouldnt have minded if millard was still at the club. he played well imo. but as has been said, he has had apt replacements. 
Stooge007

Stooge007

Fletcher?

i know we need some depth in the forwards, but come on.

like to see him come play for us, and make me eat my words though 

Recent Rugby League Posts

seaeagles - nothing sensible to say ,you poor excuse for a human fastwater! get a brain & you will be dangerous!
ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181