The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013/14 Contract Signing: Player Movements, rumours etc...To Date.

SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Is it?

I wish it wasn't so, but I see very little positives at the moment. We are so far off the pace it's not even funny. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Beale to Beale, chips over the top Beale regathers, cut out pass to Beale and Beale crashes over under the posts!

How many Beale's is too many? 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

currently we have 1 beale too many ;) 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Let's sign Danny Geale too :) 
knitey

knitey

Needs more Beale.:D 
saints

saints

Now it's Thompson - from Canberra of course ... :lol: 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Why wouldn't you look there, Canberra have a lot of quality players. If Thompson is leaving that probably means they paid too much for Papalii, which is good for us. 
stanleyg

stanleyg

Harold up at Hurstville said he heard the dragons were going to make a play for choc Mundine as he is still fit and has the mouth to spur on the team.
Is there anyone the media wont link the dragons to be making a play for?? 
Stooge007

Stooge007

and the circus continues with Beale etc. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

I say its Karma, for years our squad and lower grades was pillaged from other NRL clubs now its our turn to return the favor ;) 
knitey

knitey

You've had the Pillage, now it's time for the Rape.:) 
saints

saints

Agree - but lets go for a player who can set us going - light the flame - make the break ... :)

They have a few useful "halves" that might be open to a good offer. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Beale would be a steal, but Geale would be the real deal :) 
saints

saints

There is some appeal ... :) 
rumackay

rumackay

Carney said outright that he was staying at the Sharks and it was only the fine print that had to be sorted. He was on 360 (or Sterlo) last week at one of their recovery sessions talking about Flanagan being back. I know footy players are notorious for back flips but he sounded pretty certain 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Very interesting.

Considering we've not heard of all but 1 in general rumors.

Carney. Not so sure about him.

Joel Thompson (Canberra),
Haven't seen too much of him.

Mitchell Aubusson (Roosters)

He has always been alright, just not sure if he is worth it.

Feleti Mateo (Warriors)

I've always thought this guy was going to go places. I don't think he became what i originally expected. He can be a handy player though. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Thompson is a very good player and would be my pick out of that lot. Aubusson would be a very smart buy as well.

Mateo can play but not sure if he will be good value over the length of a contract, I'd prefer the others there.

Would take Carney on talent. Would be good if we could get Townsend from Cronulla as well. 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

[h=1]Great raid: Dragons chasing yet another Canberra player[/h] [h=2]By JON TUXWORTH[/h]March 28, 2013, midnight

[LIST]
[*] http://cdn.fairfaxregional.com.au/preview/c1200x678/storypad-fCYJja9iKCnEpjnTRSxRRL/ef4f05d0-e977-430f-aaef-584d99298b6f.jpg The Dragons have been linked with Joel Thompson. Picture: COLLEEN PETCH
[/LIST]

RUGBY LEAGUE
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

St George Illawarra have their sights set on poaching another Raiders youngster, with the Dragons emerging as Canberra's biggest rival in its quest to retain Joel Thompson.
Thompson has been heavily linked to Parramatta after they missed out on fellow Raiders back-rower Josh Papalii, but Fairfax Media understands the Dragons are firming as the Raiders likely challenger.
His Canberra deal expires at the end of the season, and the Raiders are desperate to retain the 24-year-old.

With veteran three-quarter Matt Cooper likely to retire after this year, the Dragons are attracted by Thompson's versatility.
Thompson has found a permanent home in Canberra's back row this year, but has played a significant portion of his 72 NRL games at centre.
It was a dual role NSW Origin representative Beau Scott formerly filled at the Dragons before heading to Newcastle this year.
Helping the Dragons' cause is the wealth of former Raiders already on their books, including Bronx Goodwin, Bronson Harrison, Michael Weyman and Daniel Vidot. It is also understood the struggling Warriors are also poised to make a play at Thompson.
Head coach Matt Elliott and assistant Andrew McFadden are former Raiders staffers, and are big fans of Thompson.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

The Raiders have held some discussions with Thompson's management, and the club is also busy trying to lock up a number of other off-contract players.
Halfback Sam Williams, centre Jarrod Croker and prop Brett White head the list of players whose deals expire at the end of the year.
Canberra are in a strong bargaining position after they ripped up Josh Dugan's rich contract, but the saga has prolonged discussions with other players.'

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/1394507/great-raid-dragons-chasing-yet-another-canberra-player/?cs=302 
Maximus89

Maximus89

Why so many backrowers? We aren't the Sharks. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

This thread is called Contract-Signing-Player Movements and "RUMOURS" etc lol 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

Did you ever hear the story about the boy who cried wolf?

That's all he is saying.. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

Two forwards who are on the market for next year are Frank Prichard and Frank Paul (the Franks). Now these are two forwards that I would like us to sign. They are both damaging runners and can off load. I think they would add some toughness to us too. But we have not been linked to either of them to my knowledge. I mentioned Frank Paul last year. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

@MS, Yeah I have already thought of the boy who cried wolf. lol

I have never said that we are signing this player or that player. I always like to say where the information comes from that I pass on. lol 
Stooge007

Stooge007

i hear we're still sniffing around Sam Williams 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Still not sold on the idea of a draft. What about expansion? Or relocating potentially two Sydney teams elsewhere?
ALX21 - Grand FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
ALX21 - Interesting team named. I guess Josiah Cox missed out due to not having a passport???
sportsrugby - Live New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming TV info, video, score, highlights, preview, result.Watch NZ Al...
sportsrugby - Live New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming TV info, video, score, highlights, preview, result.Watch NZ Al...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181