10. Roy Asotasi
11. Chris McQueen
12. Ben Te'o
13. Michael Crocker (c)

Bench.

George
tyrrel
Clark
Hunt (can cover any posse in backline and prob hooker too) 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Goodwin needed a change in clubs IMO a fresh start, he will be pushing for 1st grade spot. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Mcqueen will be a better choice off the bench IMO.

Anyone notice in the CS game that Keary was going in to dunmy half on a few sets? 
footydiva

footydiva

Love Keary to be hooker interchange option with ability to sub halves if need ever arose. 
southsport

southsport

That's an interesting idea, but I think Keary will have to wait until there is an injury. It certainly will help his chances if he can cover the halves and hooker. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

He look pretty good in the CS when he went into dummy half 
footydiva

footydiva

As I said in earlier post in this thread, the usual suspects will get the jobs. But our point of difference this year to win games will be the options we have running off the bench. I love change! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

I wouldn't mind seeing Kyle Turner in the side, he was really good in defence and attack in the CS also 
motiveight

motiveight

I would have Turner and Walker and Keary and rest S Burgess and GI and Reynolds. NOT! 
TheChello

TheChello

it's a great position to be in, there will be some disappointed fellas, no doubt. My observations from the CS which, mind you, is the only match I've seen this year, were that Souths looked very one dimensional when Peats was on the field. Whether this was specific instructions to keep it simple or what, they looked ordinary and devoid of imagination. I like Peats as a player but don't think the hooking option is best for us, just my opinion. Clark is a fine player and think he deserves a place on the bench, never lets us down when on the park. Keary's stinkt in the CS was brief but impressive. I think his only kick was a good one, into the corners and he looked sharp with the ball.
The forward tussle is great. Lima hasn't played a game so there must be some questions about his ability to perform at his best standards given this, however, would not surprise if he was on the bench. George looks to be improving every season and just his presence must put the opposition off a little.
Our kicking game in the CS was pretty ordinary and I really would like that part improved. too many times Saints got the ball well out from their goal line and ineffectual bombs. Morris and Nightingale are two of the best in this department so give them credit but just didn't think that optioned worked very well, would have preferred a few grubbers especially in the in goal area to apply some pressure.
Merritt will be one wing for sure and I'd be surprised if Everingham was not the other given his debut season with us. The centres is an interesting one, would have thought Beau has cemented a spot, he is so committed and just love his passion for Souths. It will be very interesting to see who Madge gives the nod for the first game which is such an important game for both sides. There is an air of expectation around the side now and how they handle this is important in our season's quest for glory. 
WestEndAthletics

WestEndAthletics

I love photoshop!!! I saw this..loved it and reposted. 
Doyen

Doyen

You could probably say that both Luke & Peats have a predictability about their games.
Issac is probably the best running dummy-half in the game, & he does,because of this strength,run the ball a hell of a lot.Possibly too much ,to the point of his game being predictable.
He is not a clever,deft,organising player in the Smith or Farah mould.He doesn't possess a kicking game either.
He is tough,elusive, but,in previous seasons anyway,has been predictable.But he is very good at what he does so is a valuable player.
Peats may only run the ball 2 or 3 times out of 10 whereby Issac may run it 6 or 7 times out of 10.They are both playing to their strengths & encouraged by the coach to play according to their best traits.
Madge has made it clear that Peats was pushing Issac all the way & that he needs to keep his guard up.
Competition---it's a great thing!!!! 
michael.tull

michael.tull

Andrew Everingham - 16 tries from 25 games. That's a 64% strike rate.

The only wingers I can think of off the top of my head who'd have a better strike rate are Nathan Merrit ( nearly 70 %), Brett Morris and Uate ( who's on a freakish stat of 75% or somethig like that). All rep class wingers.

What's the best strike rate in the roosters? 
Doyen

Doyen

17 tries!He didn't start in Rd.1 either!
And his ROOKIE season---don't forget that important stat.
He has a knack of knowing where to be at the right time---always a great sign in a finishing player! 
RockyLaurieFan

RockyLaurieFan

1. Inglis
2. Merritt
3. Farrell
4. Champion
5. Everingham
6. Sutton
7. Reynolds
8. Either G Burgess or Tyrell
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. Sam Burgess
12. Te'o
13. Crocker (c)

Bench

George B. or Tyrell
McQueen
Clark
Peats

I think Nathan's spot could be up for grabs with Goodwin as I thought Everingham played well enough in CS to deserve a start. Sam B best spot for me is the 2nd row and I thought that both George B and Tyrell showed enough in the trials to deserve a spot in the front row whilst Lima is getting up to match fitness.

Should be a great matchup and looking forward to Thursday night. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Who would you rather on the bench mate, Peats or Keary? 
TheChello

TheChello

Luke is a much more damaging player out of dummy half than Peats and that's why he runs with the ball more. He gives the side momentum out of dummy half and has the defence back pedalling, something which all the very good dummy half runners do. Peats just lacks efficiency in this area, a lot of times his service is a fraction too slow and makes his runners easy targets for the defence. He is not a 'darter' out of dummy half and tends to run a little cross field when he does. Peats is a good player but I'm not convinced he is the answer should Luke go off. 
robrabbit

robrabbit

My Team for Round 1

1. Inglis
2. Goodwin
3. Farrell
4. Champion
5. Merritt
6. Sutton
7. Reynolds
8. Asotasi
9. Luke
10. Burgess S
11. Teo
12 McQueen
13 Crocker
14. Lima
15. Peats
16. Lowe
17. Burgess G 
bobbymoses

bobbymoses

No way,,,,,Clarke has got to be in the mix and Everingham ahead of Goodwin! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Agreed Clark was one of the stand outs in the trials. 
Zinga

Zinga

Clarke has to be on the bench 
chaps76

chaps76

Clarke didn't make the 17 
chaps76

chaps76

It's the same team as robrabbit except everingham is in instead if Goodwin 
southsport

southsport

Anyone got the team? 
chaps76

chaps76

Read above 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168